Beyond Clothing USA Made

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Also, all items are 100% made in the US and 97% of materials are sourced here.

Higbean

FNG
Dotman, it's pretty obvious you're upset about Kuiu going overseas with your 5 or so posts about it. I aint too happy about it either but let it go man.

dood! this stuff looks sweet! and made in seattle to boot. im thinking i will call them and see if i can swing by and check out there gear after my hunting season slows down. really like the multicam softshell and the green glacier pants

carnyman

FNG
It'll be American made right up to the point it gets popular, they get swamped with order and have angry customers complaining that they can't get their order on time for a hunt and the company will try to satisfy it's clients by upping production which will cost like hell so they'll have to move production to CHINA. Kinda like kuiu. I live an hour from kuius office. I have had nothing but good encounters with them. I'll keep buying their product for the service and quality of goods. That drops off so do my purchases.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
I would say this company is more like Kifaru, made to order. Their 4way stretch pants are only $30 more then Kuiu, just not in camo https://secure.beyondclothing.com/customize/mens-roughrider-pant-d/

I doubt they would move it oversees but who knows, currently it is not in China. I doubt Kifaru moves production to China and I would say demand has increased dramaticly in the last year. Hey Kuiu made a decision, just went about it in a poor way, wish them the best.

Last edited:
OP
D

dotman

WKR
Well that sucks...

Why? I don't know much about 511 but sounds like they will increase production in the US and expand the outdoor division. Seems to me to be a hunter/gun owner friendly company. I can't see them moving production to China, look at their webpage they highly promote made in America.

Thats not a bad thing. My hunting partner is a consultant for 5.11 tactical and they are heading into the hunting arena fast. I've seen some inovative things coming from 5.11.
I have also been using the 5.11 lightweight pants for a couple of years and they are a great summer/early fall design at a great price, like 1/3 of the Sitka/Kuiu stuff.

sab

Lil-Rokslider
I say it sucks because small mom n pop companies (Beyond) aren't usually focused on profit margin as much as customer satisfaction, but large ones (5.11) many times are. I'd rather a company focus on the customer than on margins.

Hopefully my intuition is wrong, and you guys are right.

Regards,
Scott

OP
D

dotman

WKR
I say it sucks because small mom n pop companies (Beyond) aren't usually focused on profit margin as much as customer satisfaction, but large ones (5.11) many times are. I'd rather a company focus on the customer than on margins.

Hopefully my intuition is wrong, and you guys are right.

Regards,
Scott

Yeah I do have to agree with this.

stephen b

WKR
I guess this is the 2nd time they have been bought out if the 5.11 purchase is recent. Beyond was started as a small company right here in the next couple towns over (Eugene, OR.). Unless the original owners here in Eugene moved their office to Seattle.

When this thread was put up a few weeks ago, I clicked on the link posted and then looked at the contact info and thought- Well they have moved Beyond to now based out of Seattle- they use to be based here locally.

n2horns

WKR
how well do these pants hold up in desert areas as nevada, arizona, new mexico? Is there one better than the others kuiu (never fit well and never in stock) firs lite kanab pants? I normally use carhartt double fronts for desert hunting, but go to lite pants when in the mountains. Will these hold up in the desert brush?