BH 209 Availability?

As mentioned above, Cabela's has it right now but at the gouging price of $65. The only way I can justify that price is that I can have it shipped to my local Cabela's without the additional hazmat cost.

I've been watching the prices on gunbroker.com and noticed something very strange recently. There was one 10oz bottle of Blackhorn 209 on auction being bid up to $390 which was insane. At the same time, there were 2 other bottles available at $190 and $225 "buy it now". So the people bidding up the auction listing were either dumb as a bag of hammers or the $390 price was a decoy to push buyers to the "buy it now" listings. That's price fixing that gunbroker.com should be shutting down. I filed a support incident on December 18. Within minutes, the auction listing was taken down along with the 2 "buy it now" listings. This is well before the auction was to expire. 9 days later, gunbroker.com support finally emails me back saying that since they didn't have a listing number, they could not investigate the issue I reported. The quick removal of the postings suggests that someone at gunbroker knows exactly what was going on and participating in the price fixing or they were lying to me about not being able to investigate the issue I was reporting. Either way, it's not good. It's bad enough that primers, powder, and other things necessary to participate in our sport are in short supply. Sites like gunbroker.com are in a place to help alleviate the problems or make them worse. In this case, it's hard to ignore the evidence that they are likely making it worse.
It’s funny you mention this, I witnessed the same exact thing. Some bins of BH209 go for less and others go for a lot more, I think people are definitely price fixing. I’ve been watching gunbroker like a hawk for the sole reason of finding BH209, I missed out 2 separate times on getting some, but I finally ran across this thread and scooped up some from cabelas. You may think it’s high priced, but it’s nothing compared to what they are going for on gunbroker. I happily paid $65 a bin from cabelas and shipped it to the store.

Now if I could only find some CCI 209 magnum primers that aren’t $50 a brick on gun broker lol

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
Scheels just got a big order of Blackhorn in. 10 oz bottles in stock, $49. In store only. Available at these stores as of this morning:
Sioux Falls, SD
Sioux City, IA
Mankato, MN
Omaha, NE
St. Cloud, MN
Lincoln, NE
Des Moines, IA
Rochester, MN
Cedar Falls, IA
Eau Claire, WI
Iowa City, IA
Bismarck, ND
Rapid City,SD
Overland, KS
Appleton, WI
Springfield, IL
Johnstown, CO
Colorado Springs, CO
The Colony, TX

Fatcamp

WKR
Scheels just got a big order of Blackhorn in. 10 oz bottles in stock, $49. In store only. Available at these stores as of this morning:
Sioux Falls, SD
Sioux City, IA
Mankato, MN
Omaha, NE
St. Cloud, MN
Lincoln, NE
Des Moines, IA
Rochester, MN
Cedar Falls, IA
Eau Claire, WI
Iowa City, IA
Bismarck, ND
Rapid City,SD
Overland, KS
Appleton, WI
Springfield, IL
Johnstown, CO
Colorado Springs, CO
The Colony, TX

That was a solid tip. Thank you.

bdan68

WKR
At the current price of Blackhorn powder, I'll happily continue using my 1 pound bottle of Triple 7. Which I bought for about $25 several years ago. I wanted to give Blackhorn a try but it's certainly not worth the price to me.

Firehawk

WKR
At the current price of Blackhorn powder, I'll happily continue using my 1 pound bottle of Triple 7. Which I bought for about $25 several years ago. I wanted to give Blackhorn a try but it's certainly not worth the price to me.
I bought some 777 for $32/bottle the other day. About the best price I have seen in a while around here. Hard to swallow as I bought my last two bottles for $8/bottle at Walmart after the season ended and they were clearing it out. Those were the good "ol" days.

By the way, Cabelas wanted $41/bottle for 777 the other day when I looked. I hate that place!

All places are sold out from what I can see- Natchez, scheels, PV, and cabelas.

Even though I probably paid a premium, it’s worth having it in my opinion.

ToolMann

WKR
Was at both Colorado Scheel's locations last weekend. Just because. Got one of the last 2 bottles at the Springs location. Johnstown had quite a bit.

nrhardin

FNG
Was at Johnstown Scheels today to pick up an online order of 209 and they had some in the display case. Not much, though.

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
Check Sportsman Warehouse website currently in stock. Can have it delivered to my local store.

lovelight

FNG
It’s funny you mention this, I witnessed the same exact thing. Some bins of BH209 go for less and others go for a lot more, I think people are definitely price fixing. I’ve been watching gunbroker like a hawk for the sole reason of finding BH209, I missed out 2 separate times on getting some, but I finally ran across this thread and scooped up some from cabelas. You may think it’s high priced, but it’s nothing compared to what they are going for on gunbroker. I happily paid $65 a bin from cabelas and shipped it to the store.

Now if I could only find some CCI 209 magnum primers that aren’t $50 a brick on gun broker lol
Natchez has Federal 209A primers in stock now. $75 for 1000.

ENCORE

WKR
Well another 1 day guy telling everyone where to buy and its in stock.

Well............. lets take a look at the actual address from the web page, then Google it.
Then take look at the street view.

Touche'. Honestly I was just looking myself and saw it available and tried to help out. Can't trust the internet I guess!