BHA seems “all-in” with Biden

Okhotnik

WKR
I thought it was pretty cool when Rinella referred to Trump voter as the American ISIS

I think he's referring to left wing progressive billionaires like Ted Turner

Or another uber rich left Wing donor like Huey Lewis

buzz still working for ted turner? Kind of funny you promote yourself as the public land savior lol- but you'll always go to the easy money , ethics be damned

How many millions did Ted donate to anti gun, anti hunting politicians again?

NDGuy

WKR
buzz still working for ted turner? Kind of funny you promote yourself as the public land savior lol- but you'll always go to the easy money , ethics be damned

What does this comment and the Rinella thing mean? I am struggling to find what post you are referring to and you quoted yourself.

Not sarcasm I was just confused where it was tying to.

BuzzH

WKR

If there's a point to your comment, I'm not seeing it.

If you want to start another thread about the two articles you posted, I'd gladly have any discussion about either. My Uncle owned property near Huey Lewis's in the Bitterroot, in fact my Uncles family owned the current property that HL now has.

The article on Turner, I have knowledge of that as well as I was working for TEI then.

But, I don't see the relevance at all to this thread...other than you trying to derail it and draw parallels that just aren't there.

Can't help you on who Ted chooses to donate his money to...not my pig, not my farm.

Carry on...

Reactions: Che
I also would be interested if he did that
I’m on the fence consistently with SR, with that said He did, but not sure that’s the correct context he used it. I thought he said some “ like some view Republicans as”, but I can’t remember. I know I heard it and was caught off guard by it.” I was riding my bike at time.

Hoodie

WKR
I’m on the fence consistently with SR, with that said He did, but not sure that’s the correct context he used it. I thought he said some “ like some view Republicans as”, but I can’t remember. I know I heard it and was caught off guard by it.” I was riding my bike at time.

That´s certainly important information. If that´s the context he said it in (and I don´t know because I couldn´t find it by Googling), I would consider that ¨not saying it.¨ If it were a reading comprehension question it would be something like this:

Rinella: ¨It´s almost like some people view Republicans as American ISIS or something.¨

Does this mean:

a) Rinella thinks Republicans are American ISIS, and has decided to express this opinion to his largely conservative fan base.

or

b) Rinella thinks some people act like Republicans are American ISIS, and that those people are being dramatic.

I may be burying my head in the sand here, but I feel like we can safely assume it´s the latter.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I may be burying my head in the sand here, but I feel like we can safely assume it´s the latter.
I'm of the same opinion, at least in absence of something more definitive, from the member who said that is what he said, or otherwise. I don't listen to every ME podcast, and there are plenty I FF through parts, so I could have missed something

We're commenting on whether or not to support BHA based on a suspicion that the leaders of the organization hold different political beliefs than our own.

We should keep in mind 2 things:
- BHA is a 501(c)(3). Meaning BHA is a non-profit organization that is absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office.
- When we are talking about other hunters and anglers that are part of the "other" party. We're going to agree on like 90 percent of issues. So, lets get together on those issues, and help our causes.

PHo

WKR
We're commenting on whether or not to support BHA based on a suspicion that the leaders of the organization hold different political beliefs than our own.

We should keep in mind 2 things:
- BHA is a 501(c)(3). Meaning BHA is a non-profit organization that is absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office.
- When we are talking about other hunters and anglers that are part of the "other" party. We're going to agree on like 90 percent of issues. So, lets get together on those issues, and help our causes.
Thank you for this 👍🏼

Okhotnik

WKR
That´s certainly important information. If that´s the context he said it in (and I don´t know because I couldn´t find it by Googling), I would consider that ¨not saying it.¨ If it were a reading comprehension question it would be something like this:

Rinella: ¨It´s almost like some people view Republicans as American ISIS or something.¨

Does this mean:

a) Rinella thinks Republicans are American ISIS, and has decided to express this opinion to his largely conservative fan base.

or

b) Rinella thinks some people act like Republicans are American ISIS, and that those people are being dramatic.

I heard the quote regarding Rinella and describing Trump voters as "American ISIS". The context was Rinella said his good friend referred to conservative voters as "American Isis" and laughed said he did not disagree. And that podcast Rinella said the only trustable news source is the NYT which often has to retract articles for being false and misleading.

So much for alienating his base.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I heard the quote regarding Rinella and describing Trump voters as American ISIS. The context was Rinella said his good friends called conservative voters that and he did not disagree. And that podcast Rinella said the only trustable news source is the NYT which often has to retracts article for being false and misleading.

Do you know which episode?

Okhotnik

WKR
Do you know which episode?
Its a fairly recent one I was listening to hiking. Trying to find it. I think it was in beginning of Jan but not sure. Rinella sold out and went to wheer the money is. There is no arguing that the sportsmen's community is being overtaken by left wing anti gun and anti predator hunting well funded groups

Look at Sitka ( who got slammed for hiring an anti gun activist) , Meat eater, Newburg( who recently just had the same sitka anti gun, anti predator hunting activist on his show praising him)

The you have "sportsmen" working for the likes of Ted Turner who bought a huge ranch and thinks he owns the wildlife in Montana and donated tens of million two anti gun groups.

Hoodie

WKR
I heard the quote regarding Rinella and describing Trump voters as "American ISIS". The context was Rinella said his good friend referred to conservative voters as "American Isis" and laughed said he did not disagree. And that podcast Rinella said the only trustable news source is the NYT which often has to retract articles for being false and misleading.

Hopefully you can find the episode. I´d like to hear it.

It´s really hard for me to imagine the guy said something like that and this is the only place on the internet it´s being discussed. A ton of people who voted for Trump listen to that podcast. You´d think saying something like that would cause at least a little bit of a stir.

I could see him endorsing the NYT. Tons of people think think they´re far more middle of the road than they actually are. Only gotten worse in recent years.

What's BHA’s stance on wind and Solar projects/leases on public land?
I would like to know that as well. I need to learn more about this, but on a surface level, I'm conflicted.

One one hand, we can't burn oil and natural gas for our electricity forever. I accept that we need other forms of energy (wind, solar, nuclear), but oil and gas aren't going away anytime soon.
One the other hand, I don't want a giant solar farm to take over my favorite hunting spots.

It is sort of a macro vs. micro issue. If we burn oil and natural gas for eternity, there will likely be less wildlife (macro). But if you put a solar farm on my hunting spot, there will be less wildlife there (micro).

BHA did support (H.R. 3794, S. 2666), which isn't directly endorsing public land for these purposes, but directing how it would be done.

BuzzH

WKR
Its a fairly recent one I was listening to hiking. Trying to find it. I think it was in beginning of Jan but not sure. Rinella sold out and went to wheer the money is. There is no arguing that the sportsmen's community is being overtaken by left wing anti gun and anti predator hunting well funded groups

Look at Sitka ( who got slammed for hiring an anti gun activist) , Meat eater, Newburg( who recently just had the same sitka anti gun, anti predator hunting activist on his show praising him)

The you have "sportsmen" working for the likes of Ted Turner who bought a huge ranch and thinks he owns the wildlife in Montana and donated tens of million two anti gun groups.
So what other American values do you not like?

So what if Rinella maximized his income potential, did you work for free? Do you not roll around in the stock market looking to "sell out" for corporate profits? WTF is the difference? You sound jealous if anything.

I also don't buy your crap about sportsmen being over-run by any particular group. Believe it or not, there are people that care more about wildlife than to just have them around to run a hook or bullet through them. I don't see the anti-predator hunters you keep harping on about...just don't. There's a difference between managing predators and looking to wipe them out...in your delusional world, if a hunter doesn't want to kill every last predator, they're somehow anti-predator hunting. That's just not true, most hunters I know like having bears, bobcats, wolves, coyotes, lynx, wolverine, mountain lions around. They also don't have any problem killing some either.

As far as Ted Turner is concerned, you're clueless. He didn't buy a "huge" ranch, he's bough dozens of huge ranches. I worked on 4 of this properties in Montana alone. Ted doesn't think he owns the wildlife on his ranches. For the record, he allowed public hunting on the D for a number of years for cow elk. I know lots of Montana residents that filled elk tags on that place year after year...for free. I also saw youth hunters shoot some nice buck deer on the Snowcrest, where I spent a lot of my time. Again, all local kids from Alder, Sheridan, etc. and they never paid a penny. Same with the Redrock ranch.

As far as his land and wildlife management practices on his ranches, tough to top. His riparian management practices are second to none, allowing rivers to function as they should, decreased grazing, increases in deep minding root mass, plant species diversity, increased water quality, less hard bank stabilization, decreased water temperature, more macro-invertebrates, healthier fish, bigger fish. Great increase in habitat for ungulates, bank erosion was back to normal, proper point bar development, better spawning habitat...could go on all day.

Interesting as well, he never complained once about the stream access law, and people fished the Ruby, Red Rock, etc. all the time as long as they stayed within the bounds of the law, nobody said a word to legal fishermen.

He also demanded that his Ranch Managers shop locally for everything, meaning paying higher prices to make sure they did. His ranch trucks were bare bone vehicles, nothing fancy. The State of Montana also made out like a bandit on a land exchange that TEI did that expanded the Robb/Ledford wildlife management area, and increased public access to it as well. In exchange for landlocked State lands on the D, that would never have any form of public access.

He also donated a lot of money to the MTFWP, including a grayling rearing pond on his redrock ranch, providing a lot of funding for the Cherry Creek project, and countless other wildlife related projects.

He also personally bought a few MT governors moose permits, his whole family hunts their ranches every year as well.

Guys like you like to bitch about what you don't know. What you don't know, you guess about. You post articles about a fence problem, that WAS in fact a problem that NOW is not a problem. There was a learning curve with bison management, including what it takes to keep them home...and its not just fences, by a long shot.

If you can show me a land owner with better quality habitat on their ranches, more abundant wildlife, point them out, I'd be interested in seeing how they go about it.

Finally, if you don't like how other people conduct business, well, start your own. Start your own business to compete with Rinella, buy some large ranches and show Ted how its done, get off your duff and off the computer and hunt some predators.

No, not your style, easier to whine on the 'net and trash people you know NOTHING about. Must suck to go through life as miserable as you sound...

I would like to know that as well. I need to learn more about this, but on a surface level, I'm conflicted.

One one hand, we can't burn oil and natural gas for our electricity forever. I accept that we need other forms of energy (wind, solar, nuclear), but oil and gas aren't going away anytime soon.
One the other hand, I don't want a giant solar farm to take over my favorite hunting spots.

It is sort of a macro vs. micro issue. If we burn oil and natural gas for eternity, there will likely be less wildlife (macro). But if you put a solar farm on my hunting spot, there will be less wildlife there (micro).

BHA did support (H.R. 3794, S. 2666), which isn't directly endorsing public land for these purposes, but directing how it would be done.

Rinella’s most recent podcast was tackling the topic of green energy with the nature conservancy and they touched on these very issues, as it stands now the projections of how much land would have to be taken up for wind and solar to power our grid as it stands now are anywhere between the size of the states of Maine and Texas with the consensus being that Arizona is probably about the size of landmass that would be covered up. There is no way in hell they can do all that without taking up useful wildlife habitat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk