BHA seems “all-in” with Biden

Rinella’s most recent podcast was tackling the topic of green energy with the nature conservancy and they touched on these very issues, as it stands now the projections of how much land would have to be taken up for wind and solar to power our grid as it stands now are anywhere between the size of the states of Maine and Texas with the consensus being that Arizona is probably about the size of landmass that would be covered up. There is no way in hell they can do all that without taking up useful wildlife habitat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yikes! That is a big cost to public land. I'll give the podcast a listen - Thanks.

With that, are we "all-in" on nuclear energy, to massively supplement a smaller contribution from wind/solar? Things can go terribly wrong with nuclear power (Fukashima comes to mind). But, could we design the plants and locate them such that the risk is near zero?

Yikes! That is a big cost to public land. I'll give the podcast a listen - Thanks.

With that, are we "all-in" on nuclear energy, to massively supplement a smaller contribution from wind/solar? Things can go terribly wrong with nuclear power (Fukashima comes to mind). But, could we design the plants and locate them such that the risk is near zero?

They did get into nuclear a little as well. The title of the podcast kinda says it all “there’s no free lunch with renewable energy” I don’t know the answer other than just less demand for energy somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
Nuclear away from fault lines is probably the best answer, but I'm pretty sure I know what today's politicians think of that (at least for 4 more years...)
We saw what happened in TX two weeks ago when the state that's gone the biggest for wind/solar (well, it is usually pretty warm there....) bit the big one with a single cold front that by Colorado/Wyoming/Utah standards wasn't really that bad.
Battery technology, relying on cobalt/lithium dug up either by boys with shovels in Africa, or Uighur slaves in China, is NO WHERE NEAR ready to service the USA national grid.
Oh, and I like driving my full size 4WD truck ;)

Firstly, I'm not a BHA member and have never donated money to their organization and I'll try to answer your question in as neutral way as possible.

Could it be that BHA is more supportive of Biden because under the Obama/Biden Administration there were protections placed on over 500 million acres of Public Land while Trump Administration has removed (or tried to remove) protections for something like 30+ million acres of Public Land?

Again, I'm not picking political sides or even quoting sources or exact numbers on the above, I just seem to remember reading an article in Outside Magazine (not a subscriber, just picked one up while waiting at Discount Tire) (Not biased on tire companies either, I got GoodYears but only because they offered a rebate).

This is just my personal (Non Partisan) guess as to why you may get that vibe from a Public Land Conservation Group.

*Edited to reflect a more accurate number of acreage designated as National Monuments by Obama Admin.
Sorry you lost me at Goodyear’s 🤷🏻‍♂️

Che

FNG
BHA is clearly an outdoors organization designed for democrats who like to hunt. I'm ok with that, but I won't be giving them my money since they don't represent my views very well.

For me the bottom line is if you look at the actual on-the-ground money and projects that BHA is involved in compared to a group like RMEF it just makes no sense to give my support to BHA. I realize that RMEF is WAY bigger than BHA but if you look at the percentage of their income that they put on the ground it's pretty telling.
Hey Bsnedeker, I'm curious about your point as I donate to both organizations. Where did you source these %'s? Can you provide a link?

Che

Che

FNG
I’ve been a member for about 5+ years or so, seemed like a decent organization and values. I’ve been to a bunch of pint nights and made a couple friends from the group. I’ve volunteered and currently serve on a “habitat watch” committee.

During the Trump admin, BHA delved in to politics like i’ve never seen. They targeted Trump’s picks incessantly with negative articles and what I considered personal attacks. Biden has picked the new USDA chief and he is the old USDA chief that served under the Obama/Biden administration. This guy and his policies are largely responsible for the mismanagement of our western forests and loss of access and habitat for hunting.

BHA is “all-in” for this guy and it bugs the heck out of me. Never once do I remember them offering anything positive on Trump’s people. I think I am now truly done with the org and will never give another penny or let them use my membership for political clout.

View attachment 240849
I am not familiar with how the O/B administration negatively affected western public lands.

I live in Western, CO and have not seen much of a difference in my access, gun rights, or hunting opportunities in the last 15 years. I work 50-60 hrs. wk. and have a family so I may have missed something.

I have heard there were negative aspects under O/B but I have had a difficult time finding even keeled sources on the matter. Can you provide any?

I was nervous when Robert Bishop was chosen by the T/P admin. to head the Dept. of Interior. Bishop is outspoken about divesting public lands to the states.

BHA aside, hunters have much more in common than what Dems, Republicans, and social media tells us.

In order to prevent a division that would only weaken hunting, we have to focus on facts and avoid rhetoric or party lining.

Let’s get 1 thing straight. The BHA does not care about hunters at all. They are all in on the global warming hoax and support it full speed ahead. They hate fossil fuels and private land ownership. With the BHA, it’s all about “the ends justify the means”. It’s an ideology that relies on emotion based policies instead of processed based policies. They have their hands out to the federal government in order to receive money for their non profit and will lie, cheat and steal to get what they want. And what they want has nothing to do with you unsuspecting members who buy into the lies. They are not a sportsman’s group. They are an arm of the liberal progressive movement. How people don’t see this is beyond me.......

so are you saying you're not going to join?
You forgot about the child sacrifice, nothing we in the BHA enjoy more than chanting loyalty to the dark lord and slaughtering an innocent.
Advocating for partial birth abortion (killing baby’s) is not a great argument to recruit new members. but that does fall in line with the op’s assertion regarding Biden.......

Last edited:
I look forward to the acres of solar panels and endless supply of blinking wind turbines lights across the western sky, let’s not forget the miles of roads to service them.

its amusing how some one can protest oil and gas on public land but embrace an exponentially larger solar and wind footprint

Last edited:
Did you just bring Q anon ideology to Rokslide?
Let's all get back to thinking about hunting and save talk of the plan for 8chan.
No. Just pointing out the obvious.........go back and re read 1st gen’s comment.......don’t know who q anon is. Sounds like someone from Wuhan......but I know who liberals and progressives are........and what they’re all about.....

Last edited:
No. Just pointing out the obvious.........go back and re read 1st gen’s comment.......don’t know who q anon is......but I know who liberals and progressives are........and what they’re all about.....
Turns out I’m a deacon at my church so maybe you don’t know who “we” are all that well. I’m just having a bit of fun satirizing your view of liberals and the BHA which incidentally has more Republican members than democrats. Regrettably the comedy isn’t wholly original but inspired by a 2012 onion article that turned out to be more prophetic about conspiracy and depths of conservative paranoia than anyone would of guessed. And because there is no understanding of nuance in this day in age.... before absolutely everyone wants to attack me....I’m liberal on some issues and conservatives on others and try to see both sides on everything because I’m an adult and understand not everything in life is black and white. For those of you who don’t get that concept fee free to hate on me and keep the crazy uncle at thanksgiving rants coming. My hunter/angler coworkers and I get a laugh out of them.

Trial153

WKR
"He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
He knows if you are liberal or progressive"

not exactly sure how he knows, but a catchy tune nonetheless

elf on the shelf is a tool to spy on liberals. Fyi

Last edited:
OP
M
I have heard there were negative aspects under O/B but I have had a difficult time finding even keeled sources on the matter. Can you provide any?
The big negative that directly affected me was the creation of the Castle Mountains National Monument in my state of California. The Monument was regular BLM land and had quite a bit of designated ”wilderness” already. In a nod to radical anti hunting groups, President Obama made the monument a no hunting zone. Some of California’s best mule deer and upland bird hunting was there. There is also a growing bighorn sheep population that could eventually be a hunting zone and talks of reintroducing pronghorn there.

If you look at what President Obama’s administration did to California’s other desert areas with the DRECP, vast amounts of our public lands and tax dollars have been handed over to solar companies. Coincidently those solar companies and their investors are huge democrat campaign donors.

These are some screenshots from my OnX app. The Ivanpah solar plant cost the US taxpayer about $2-billion dollars and continues to run at a loss costing rate payers hundreds of millions of dollars a year. The facility is 100% on BLM land. The heated solar flux vaporizes hundreds of thousands of birds every year. Hundreds of desert tortoises that were relocated to an enclosure caught a disease and had to be euthanized. Bighorn sheep and mule deer connectivity corridors are disrupted, etc. Oh, the investors on this served on various boards and even in the Obama admin.
1079FBBB-A689-42F8-864B-0AF6E2F679E4.jpeg37323C91-9EAF-4503-8C75-85AA40E61B37.jpeg
These are just a few items off the top of my head anti environment, anti public land and anti hunting.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw