BHA Supporting Legislation Outlawing the Sale of Information on Big Game Locations

BuzzH

WKR
Pure crap...just because someone belongs to a group, doesn't mean they cant have their own opinions, and voice them. Matter of fact, I wouldn't ever belong to a group that tried to take away someone's first amendment rights, nor would I want to be a part of a group that silenced different opinions on issues. It would be no different to try to shut down a personal opinion on an issue because of who you work for, or what church you go to, etc. etc. etc.

As for the bear closure, please point out all you did orionthehunter1, to stop it. Seems to me that someone was asleep at the switch and didn't lift a finger to fight it.

Just for the record, where is the editorial you wrote to counter the article you're whining about?

Oh, that's right, easier to complain on a hunting board than to take action and do something constructive on either of the issues.

SMH...

Billinsd

WKR
I haven't read this whole thread so this may have been said, but this isn't the first time BHA has seemed a little questionable on their MO. Google their Quiet Water Initiative (Or Act?). I think alot of people get behind organizations because they have good marketing without really knowing too much about them.
I think it makes people "feel good". Back country hunters and anglers. Supporting public land access and recreation? How on earth could a hunter not embrace them with open arms? Well, by reading about them. Looking at posts on this forum and thread and reasoning with logic. However, you can also come to the conclusion of embracing them with open arms. It's simple and complicated. How, when, and where were you raised? Were you rich or poor or in the middle. Are you highly educated or a high school drop out or in between. What are your priorities? God, country, family, then hunting. Or is hunting first and formost. Do you love individual liberty and freedom, or not trust pepole and put your trust in government and laws or in the middle?

Pure crap...just because someone belongs to a group, doesn't mean they cant have their own opinions, and voice them. Matter of fact, I wouldn't ever belong to a group that tried to take away someone's first amendment rights, nor would I want to be a part of a group that silenced different opinions on issues. It would be no different to try to shut down a personal opinion on an issue because of who you work for, or what church you go to, etc. etc. etc.

As for the bear closure, please point out all you did orionthehunter1, to stop it. Seems to me that someone was asleep at the switch and didn't lift a finger to fight it.

Just for the record, where is the editorial you wrote to counter the article you're whining about?

Oh, that's right, easier to complain on a hunting board than to take action and do something constructive on either of the issues.

SMH...
Fought as much as I could on the bear issue, was only allowed one vote, that issue was all downhill when it went to the poles. Didn't help when Mr. Colorado BHA was there with the antis saying spring bear hunting and baiting wasn't "real" hunting. Your first paragraph is a joke right, you think people working for Weatherby can go to anti-gun rallies on the weekends and still have jobs? Do you think you can work in a law firm and post questionable or racist things on your facebook or instagram?

KurtR

WKR

SMH...

When you are in a leadership role you are always representing 24/7 365 so no one takes away your right to form or express your opinion but consequences are also part of it. Ask Colin Kapernik about that......

vanish

WKR
As a BHA member and a CBA member, I found David Peterson's article and previous work with the spring bear season reprehensive for the exact reasons presented above. Neither was done on behalf of BHA, but I can see how the actions of a high ranking member ( DP is Vice Chair of Conservation ) reflect on the organization.

I'm very active in our local CO Chapter and I directly see all the good work we're doing. This has me conflicted. I'll be glad to express my disappointment to the leadership.

Score one for the outfitters.
Wish I could get a bill passed to protect my “Honey Hole”!

It prohibits more then just GPS coordinates, also maps, drawings,etc. Honestly, Is there somebody tying trophy animals to trees out west?

Last edited:

lak2004

WKR
Score one for the outfitters.
Wish I could get a bill past to protect my “Honey Hole”!

It prohibits more then just GPS coordinates, also maps, drawings,etc. Honestly, Is there somebody tying trophy animals to trees out west?
Well there was a guy in CO maiming lions and bobcats for easier hunts, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
Will BHA fight the purchasers ( multi millionaires) of the Gov sheep auction tags too?

They’re paying guides to scout and locate a sheep for them ( gps location) after they win the auction.

JWP58

WKR
Will BHA fight the purchasers ( multi millionaires) of the Gov sheep auction tags too?

They’re paying guides to scout and locate a sheep for them ( gps location) after they win the auction.

I hope so. I also hope they go after all devices that empower unfair chase (optics, smokeless powder, vehicles). But unfortunately I doubt they're that stupid, although it would make sense for them.

It's unfortunate that there is a market for such information. For those who think this is the same as having a guide, I completely disagree; besides who's to say the same information isn't sold to multiple hunters unknowingly (boy that would really ruin a hunt).

I support the bill and the fact BHA supports the bill. I don't want my favorite public land hunting locations to be sold to those who haven't put in their time scouting.

MtGomer

WKR

Trial153

WKR
This has been a good couple weeks. Hopefully the Montana bill moves foward.

We been lobbying for s47 Extensively and that had been successful. We need to keep momentum in the house as well. I know one staffer for my Senator remarked to me that our show off support for S 47 was "huge", and that we where the most referenced group in both emails and calls to the office.
Great work.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Also BHA is working to oppose MT HB 265, which would politicize the conservation easement approval process in MT. And, had it been in effect at the time, prevented the horse creek easement.

So, as is the case with most organizations, nothing is perfect, but good things are happening.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veron16