BHA Supports an Eco-Terrorist to Head BLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzH

WKR
Blah blah blah. Why don’t you find it and satisfy your own needs.
Have better things to do and I'm not the person accusing anyone of anything.

Just looking for facts if they're readily available.

mmw194287

WKR
I guess not many people read the last email update from WSF…

IMG_2108.jpg

“We urge your committee to act swiftly to confirm Tracy Stone-Manning as the next Director of the Bureau of Land Management”

Other notable “terrorist-supporting organizations” include the Boone and Crockett Club, Dallas Safari Club, and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (think SHOT Show)….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Have better things to do and I'm not the person accusing anyone of anything.

Just looking for facts if they're readily available.
Shouldn't an organization as large and well known as BHA fully vet an individual before publicly backing them?

MattB

WKR

View attachment 300046

“We urge your committee to act swiftly to confirm Tracy Stone-Manning as the next Director of the Bureau of Land Management”

Other notable “terrorist-supporting organizations” include the Boone and Crockett Club, Dallas Safari Club, and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (think SHOT Show)….

Stop it with the facts and intellectual honesty, this is the internet.

Wrench

WKR
After my personal discussions with tawney, I'd be lying if I said i I was surprised.

TSAMP

WKR

You left out the part where she collaborated with the terrorists and received immunity for her testimony. The people you keep company with says alot about you.

As for BHA is it possible they didn't know? Thought I read somewhere she was supposed to disclose this info when nominated and she didn't. I'm going to start holding my breath waiting for bha to walk it back.
I didnt leave it out. Its just circumstantial as we do not know her degree of culpability so any further discussion on it is simply based on emotion and assumptions. I'm not saying she's the second coming but an eco terrorist also seems like a stretch.

OP
Travis Hobbs
It appears some of you are not familiar with the terrorist organization “earth first”, I would suggest doing some reading. In the late 80’s early 90’s Earth First destroyed Ski Resort properties around the country, implemented any taught “tree spiking”, (driving metal into trees to harm/kill loggers) sabatoging equipment, etc. Anyone who associated/associates with them is crazy at best and for damn sure should not have a position leading a land management agency of any kind.

It’s like putting a child molester as the school principal 30 years later. Only something democrats could come up with.

Not only was Tracy Stone-Manning a card carrying member of “Earth First” she was EDITOR of the “Earth First” rag, a propaganda paper basically training ecoterrorists. Her association was YEARS long.

She traded immunity for testimony.

9B468C6B-B0BC-42B5-939C-9AD40E2CA37A.jpeg

7C24F348-C8AA-493E-B0E9-9BE46BF8380E.jpeg

The fact that some of you could care less about these type of actions is unbelievable to me.

Marble

WKR
Good case study on these preservationist types shutting down the logging industry here in Ca.

What we got are many unintended consequences;
Horrible fires,
worst air quality and pollution in history,
Billions of dollars in property damage
Massive amount of taxpayer $$$ spent fighting these fires

Whats not to like?

And don't forget to mention the direct impact of no logging, thinning or forest fires has on the deer population.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member

View attachment 300046

damn liberal Wild Sheep Federation anyways, doesn't surprise me- ditto for those liberal Boone and Crockett dudes; wouldn't be surprised if those damn liberal RMEF's folks will be next

taybou

FNG
She's a hunter and values public lands. I'm not sure I personally want a whole lot more than that from the Director of the BLM.

I know a lot of folks who said and did things they weren't proud of 30 years ago. Doesn't mean they should be disqualified for a job they're well qualified for now.

MattB

WKR
She's a hunter and values public lands. I'm not sure I personally want a whole lot more than that from the Director of the BLM.

I know a lot of folks who said and did things they weren't proud of 30 years ago. Doesn't mean they should be disqualified for a job they're well qualified for now.
Exactly. As I sit hear today, I laugh a bit about some opinions I held 30 years ago while in college. Frankly, I would be embarrassed if some of my perspectives hadn't changed since then. Although I am not sure the "every act or opinion of liberal = bad and everything act or opinion of a conservative = good" camp would understand that.

Elk97

WKR
I was a logger and worked in a mill (briefly) back then. You can't pass off the actions of anyone that was a member of Earth First as just some "opinions, perspectives". Those people, all of them, wanted to kill or at least badly hurt loggers and mill workers, destroy trucks and equipment so people lost their jobs, all in a sick effort to "save the trees". I saw a bumper sticker on a van that said " Trees, once they're gone, they are gone forever". Give me a break! As far as I'm concerned, anyone that held those beliefs is unfit for ANY public office, ever.

gelton

WKR
Exactly. As I sit hear today, I laugh a bit about some opinions I held 30 years ago while in college. Frankly, I would be embarrassed if some of my perspectives hadn't changed since then. Although I am not sure the "every act or opinion of liberal = bad and everything act or opinion of a conservative = good" camp would understand that.
Today's left aren't liberal and neo-conservatives aren't conservative, realize that and you can break through the left-right paradigm that you describe in this comment.

I do think it's telling though that BHA opposed Trump's pick to head the BLM but unabashedly promote Biden's pick with such a telling past.

Let's see if she denounces the Earth First movement in the hearings, I'd be willing to bet that will never happen...we should start a pot, then people can put their $$ where their mouths are.

tam9492

WKR
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a national conservation organization that’s worth a damn that didn’t back this nomination….

Status
Not open for further replies.