BHA Supports an Eco-Terrorist to Head BLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

grfox92

WKR
I am always blown away by peoples hatred of BHA. Lets put the support for the nomination of this woman aside for a second.

Everyone on Rosklide who appears to hate BHA, does so because they have liberal members and or they support democratic candidates and policy makers, ya know, the "Enemy". But the big elephant in the room for me is.........the republican party (sure not every member of it) is the political party who is typically in support of selling off our public lands.

BHA is an organization whos mission is the preservation of public land and access to public land, and you BHA haters are of the opinion that they should do so by aligning themselves with the party who wants to sell off and privatize that land? I dont know of any other organization fighting for public lands like BHA is, but if BHA can stop 1 acre of federal public land from being transferred to the state, sold of or privatized then I could care less if Land Tawny attends Nancy Polosi's Christmas Party every year, that sucks for him.

I am a die hard conservative in every way, and no I don't have a BHA Membership.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I dont know what I am talking about. Maybe someone could educate me as to why my current opinion is wrong, but this opinion has been formed based on my limited knowledge of politics and what I see on this forum.

I could care less if every board member of BHA voted for Biden. I care a lot more if they are preserving American Public Lands.

TheTone

WKR
Just another in the long list of reasons to never support BHA...

I dont see you denying the fact that they threw their weight (and your money) behind the wolf reintrodcution, instead you're just gaslighting and calling it irrelevant.

How is that irrelevant to a conversation about a "conservation" organization?
How was a group that started in 2004 throwing weight and money at wolf reintroduction that happened in 1995?

If she really is a hunter then that is good enough for me. I would imagine there are plenty of other crazy liberals that he could've nominated who don't hunt or who flat out hate hunters. She might be the only person in his cabinet who has ever shot a gun for all we know. Probably the least crazy out of all of them unfortunately lol.

I am always blown away by peoples hatred of BHA. Lets put the support for the nomination of this woman aside for a second.

Everyone on Rosklide who appears to hate BHA, does so because they have liberal members and or they support democratic candidates and policy makers, ya know, the "Enemy". But the big elephant in the room for me is.........the republican party (sure not every member of it) is the political party who is typically in support of selling off our public lands.

BHA is an organization whos mission is the preservation of public land and access to public land, and you BHA haters are of the opinion that they should do so by aligning themselves with the party who wants to sell off and privatize that land? I dont know of any other organization fighting for public lands like BHA is, but if BHA can stop 1 acre of federal public land from being transferred to the state, sold of or privatized then I could care less if Land Tawny attends Nancy Polosi's Christmas Party every year, that sucks for him.

I am a die hard conservative in every way, and no I don't have a BHA Membership.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I dont know what I am talking about. Maybe someone could educate me as to why my current opinion is wrong, but this opinion has been formed based on my limited knowledge of politics and what I see on this forum.

I could care less if every board member of BHA voted for Biden. I care a lot more if they are preserving American Public Lands.
My problem with BHA is how much they actually spend on their "mission" vs the pint nights, the rendezvous', and their own salarys. Compare the BHA financials to the RMEFs and what percentage of their money is spent on what things. That's what did it for me.

Here is a list of the eco-terrorist organizations that signed a letter to Manchin requesting her confirmation by expedited:

American Woodcock Society
Archery Trade Association
Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Bear Trust International
Boone and Crockett Club
Camp Fire Club of America
Catch-A-Dream Foundation
Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation
Conservation Force
Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports
Dallas Safari Club
Delta Waterfowl
Ducks Unlimited
Houston Safari Club
Izaak Walton League of America
Masters of Foxhounds Association
Mule Deer Foundation
National Bobwhite Conservation Initiative
National Deer Association
National Shooting Sports Foundation
National Wild Turkey Federation
National Wildlife Federation
North American Falconers Association
North American Grouse Partnership
Orion: The Hunter’s Institute
Pheasants Forever
Pope & Young Club
Quail Forever
Ruffed Grouse Society
Texas Wildlife Association
The Conservation Fund
Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
Wildlife Forever
Wildlife Management Institute
Wild Sheep Foundation

Sorry to some of you who have a hard on over this, but I place far more trust in these organizations than I do your ability to appropriately analyze this situation.

Hell, some of you don't even know what meme is.

ALL GREEN DECOYS!!!! BET THEY ALL LIKE CRAFT BREWS TOO, EVIL BASTARDS!

(Yes that's my sarcasm font)

TheTone

WKR
Can you read dude? I clearly referenced the Colorado ballot push...a-la 2020.
Didn’t see that post until just now.

the whole thread is funny, single out one group among a ton of others that support the nominee. I’m not saying she’s a good nominee as the issue is serious IMO.

Really not trying to start an argument but I try to be a pretty logical person.

Woman gets degree in environmental studies.
Woman is concerned about logging operations in national forest.
Woman was likely remotely involved in the spiking incident and testified AGAINST her roomates/friends with no charges filed against her.

I mean if you wanna call her a snitch I'll jump on board with that.

But it seems to me she's made a career out of caring for the environment and is likely qualified for the job. The problem lies that she leans toward preservation rather than industrialization. I can't say I have a huge problem with that. We all know there is a balance to be had and sides must be chosen so the GOP is going to back the funding. Big shocker.

I base the above on reading both articles you supplied and no other research was done.
Boom.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Here is a list of the eco-terrorist organizations that signed a letter to Manchin requesting her confirmation by expedited:

American Woodcock Society
Archery Trade Association
Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Bear Trust International
Boone and Crockett Club
Camp Fire Club of America
Catch-A-Dream Foundation
Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation
Conservation Force
Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports
Dallas Safari Club
Delta Waterfowl
Ducks Unlimited
Houston Safari Club
Izaak Walton League of America
Masters of Foxhounds Association
Mule Deer Foundation
National Bobwhite Conservation Initiative
National Deer Association
National Shooting Sports Foundation
National Wild Turkey Federation
National Wildlife Federation
North American Falconers Association
North American Grouse Partnership
Orion: The Hunter’s Institute
Pheasants Forever
Pope & Young Club
Quail Forever
Ruffed Grouse Society
Texas Wildlife Association
The Conservation Fund
Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
Wildlife Forever
Wildlife Management Institute
Wild Sheep Foundation

Sorry to some of you who have a hard on over this, but I place far more trust in these organizations than I do your ability to appropriately analyze this situation.

Hell, some of you don't even know what meme is.

Thanks.

The strawman is reveled. Then, in desperation to score a point, the revaluation is ignored and the attack is pressed under a barrage of red herrings.

Just remember, cancel culture is bad, so you should stop supporting BHA and viciously attack positions they take. (Sarcasm)

ODB

WKR
My problem with BHA is how much they actually spend on their "mission" vs the pint nights, the rendezvous', and their own salarys. Compare the BHA financials to the RMEFs and what percentage of their money is spent on what things. That's what did it for me.

BHA is largely a grift. As are the vast majority of “advocacy” organizations.

Have any numbers or sources? I’d be interested in know which orgs spend my money the best.

It’s a bit concerning with the increasing number of people and groups that are willing to play the “long game”. By this I mean groups and more specifically intelligent, manipulative people, who recognize their “on the ground” tactics to further their agenda are relatively ineffective because they do not have the political power or backing necessary to create the lasting change they are seeking.

Maybe, hopefully, this lady shifted from her more radical ideologies in her youth and has a more balanced view on what is and isn’t healthy for the environment. But those groups she voluntarily associated with and those acts perpetrated by members of those groups are very concerning and were meant to hurt people and destroy property.

Bottom line is, I cannot believe this is the best candidate anyone could come up with... there has to be some great conservationists out there, who took a different, less radical path to support the health of public lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSAMP

WKR
I am posting this because I'd like feedback from those more experienced than I on what it all means. Available on their website for those who care.
Screenshot_20210619-094843_Drive.jpg

gelton

WKR
I am posting this because I'd like feedback from those more experienced than I on what it all means. Available on their website for those who care.
View attachment 300207
I've never seen a P&L statement that has 3 different columns but if I am reading it right, last I checked they had 14 full-time employees, which, if $1.8M is spent there, means the average employee makes $125K...not too shabby.

I would also say that those that are saying - but, but, she testified against them, or she "reported" them...she didn't report squat, the FBI asked her for hair samples and she flipped on her roommates to avoid prosecution.

There is a big difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.