BHA Supports an Eco-Terrorist to Head BLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moserkr

WKR
I look at numbers for a living, and BHA obviously has one goal - enrich themselves. Thats what those numbers mean. They are all talk and thats no surprise for an “advocacy group”.

What Im curious about now is organizations like WSF, and others on the list supporting this candidate. Her affiliations and history are huge red flags. When reputable organizations (not BHA) stick their neck out for her, its either a red flag of them as well or they best have a logical reason for their support. Ill wait for some official statements from these other organizations to surface, but with her history, it takes seriously poor rationalizations to justify her as being a good candidate.

Scoot

WKR
After listening to people whine about the Trump administration for 4 years I thought I might get a break when Biden was elected. I was wrong.
You didn't really think you'd get a break, did you Jim?

I know nothing about the reliability of this website, so take this with a grain of salt. Comparing BHA to RMEF, BHA spends a larger percentage on their mission, and less on administrative and fundraising.

Looks like once again other conservation orgs get a pass while everyone dogpiles on BHA.

BD323548-0AFA-42F9-80A0-7CA6E0813E3E.pngF8952C5D-64CA-49BB-914A-0A23E549E342.png

Vandy321

WKR
"Program expenses" is pretty misleading...all that website means is that RMEF spends less on employee salaries than BHA...

Almost 40% if BHA's expenditures (read as your money/donations/memberships) go to their salaries....and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Billinsd

WKR
I couldn't care less if every board member of BHA voted for Biden. I care a lot more if they are preserving American Public Lands.
BANG this is the core issue, the elephant in the room and where you and I disagree!! Moderates who want to preserve versus Conservatives who care much less on this forum. I don't believe there are any true liberals on this forum. Everything else is pretty much blather on both sides. I respectfully agree to disagree with others regarding preservation in any form. Cheers Bill

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
BANG this is the core issue, the elephant in the room and where you and I disagree!! Moderates who want to preserve versus Conservatives who care much less on this forum. I don't believe there are any true liberals on this forum. Everything else is pretty much blather on both sides. I respectfully agree to disagree with others regarding preservation in any form. Cheers Bill
What exactly is the "core issue"?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It is pretty common for coorporations to spend 20-80% of their budget on payroll and benefits, BHA is about 50% in a sector that is heavy on human involvement.

Most of the BHA directors are unpaid (per their 2020 tax return). Their president gets payed $135,000. Compare that to the the NRA presidents compensation of over 5 million or RMEF which in 2018 (the year I found data for) compensated its CEOs north of $385,000 ($202,737 to out going CEO David Allen, $2,725 to the interim CEO, and $183,344 to the incoming and current CEO Kyle Weaver) or WSF at $326,367 to its CEO.

Sadly, there are several on this form who will sacrifice truth on the alter of politics.

Vandy321

WKR
Yet another BHA supporter trying to justify his support by gaslighting, comparing BHA to the NRA. If "most" are unpaid, and the director only makes $135,000...care to explain who's salaries the other $1,442,725 list under "salaries" paid?

If you hadn't noticed, the NRA has fallen out of favor by many in recent years...they're almost as worthless as BHA.

And people can dislike the BHA, doesn't mean it's based off of political party affiliation. If I thought they actually did any good, I'd support them. When I asked for ways to get involved and help in the opposition of the 2020 wolf reintroduction ballot here in CO, they kindly explained to me how they would NOT be opposing the wolf reintroduction, for reasons the chapter president would not disclose.That is where my support of BHA ended, it has nothing to do with how their CEO votes.

Screenshot_20210619-164804_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

def90

WKR
Hmmm, I would have more respect for the lady if she had taken the fall for an organization and actions that she was clearly involved with rather than become a turncoat. Just shows that regardless of what she claims her positions are that she will flip at the drop of a hat if it serves her to do so. Makes sense that she is being promoted for a politaical position.

As for BHA.. yeah I was a fan for a year until I started seeing what and who they were behind and dug deeper. Never drank an IPA, bought a meateater tshirt or flat brimmed hat though. Leason learned.

Trying to compare BHA to RMEF in defense of BHA, is just stupid. When BHA opens up 1/5 of the Land RMEF has helped open we can begin to acknowledge their presence outside of pint nights.

Back to the thread title, I can't see how anyone could justify her appointment solely on the defense of conservation. Unbelievable

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Yet another BHA supporter trying to justify his support by gaslighting, comparing BHA to the NRA. If "most" are unpaid, and the director only makes $135,000...care to explain who's salaries the other $1,442,725 list under "salaries" paid?

If you hadn't noticed, the NRA has fallen out of favor by many in recent years...they're almost as worthless as BHA.

And people can dislike the BHA, doesn't mean it's based off of political party affiliation. If I thought they actually did any good, I'd support them. When I asked for ways to get involved and help in the opposition of the 2020 wolf reintroduction ballot here in CO, they kindly explained to me how they were in support of the wolf for reasons they would not put on paper. That is where my support of BHA ended, it has nothing to do with how their CEO votes.

View attachment 300317

Their other 30 employees. But, any reasonable person can figure than out.

The NRA is just an example of what an organization that enriches its officers and directors looks like. The other two I mentioned (RMEF and WSF) are peer organizations that BHA should be evaluated against. In the "making themselves rich" category BHA comes out ahead. They may be pathetically behind in other categories, I've not tried to compare because my interest was in the validity or lack there of for the grift accusation.

I said politics, not political party. It is very obviouse that BHA is not wasting money making its officers and directors rich. Trying to imply that they are because you dislike wolf reintroduction is sacrificing truth on the alter of politics.

As for me being a BHA supporter, I don't think I have even visited their website before yesterday, much less given them any of my time or money. But, that goes against your narrative, so you will probably ignor it.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
When BHA opens up 1/5 of the Land RMEF has helped open we can begin to acknowledge their presence outside of pint nights.
RMEF has done a good job opening lands; but as important as opening of lands, is insuring that’s what’s open, stays open and they have done very well with that charge.

I can’t speak to what they do in other states, but in Montana the BHA was easily the biggest watch dog on our last (and previous) legislative session. There were at least two dozen bills that threatened hunting as we know it (in Montana) and they were on the front lines opposing these bills and letting folks know when and where to send their thoughts on these bills. All were defeated (or seriously amended).

I’ll reserve judgment on this nominee for now; if she is as sinister as some think, then hopefully the process of vetting by the Senate works.

Is there room for improvement for this organization, almost certainly. But to dismiss the good work they’ve done (at least in Montana) is uninformed.

With Trump, we had the best access to the ear of the president in more than 50 years since Jr is such an avid hunter.

Who knows, maybe Stone-Manning will lace up her boots and get Hunter out of the crack house and into the backcountry...wonder what the odds would be on that wager?

They should just tell Hunter the woods are full of hookers and blow. He will be out there next season

TheTone

WKR
BHA has done more locally for me in a couple years than RMEF has in decades. I’ve went to a couple RMEF banquets and never will again. They were a great place to watch rich people in town prove to other they have lots of money, fundraise for who knows what in Missoula, and see people I knew with well documented wildlife violations act cool

Schaaf

WKR

And people can dislike the BHA, doesn't mean it's based off of political party affiliation. If I thought they actually did any good, I'd support them. When I asked for ways to get involved and help in the opposition of the 2020 wolf reintroduction ballot here in CO, they kindly explained to me how they would NOT be opposing the wolf reintroduction, for reasons the chapter president would not disclose.That is where my support of BHA ended, it has nothing to do with how their CEO votes.

View attachment 300317
I don’t think their other 30 employees averaging a 45k/year job is quite the gotcha moment you think it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.