Biden announces proposed gun control measures

Sled

WKR
This is all nothing new. It's been out there for months. The only difference now is that the face of the Republican party torpedoed our chances at having a senate majority.

Pray if you want. It's just too bad all my guns were lost in that boating accident.

bsnedeker

WKR
This is all nothing new. It's been out there for months. The only difference now is that the face of the Republican party torpedoed our chances at having a senate majority.

Pray if you want. It's just too bad all my guns were lost in that boating accident.
I wish I hadn't put all my mags in that same boat...dammit!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When you take a second to estimate the number of 30-round mags and AR pattern rifles sold in the last 10-15 years you wonder how this works in practice. Prices have not followed the typical panic cycle this time, leading me to believe that everyone who wants an AR has 1.75 of them on average. Talk about market saturation. Talk about a substantial chunk of your voter base.

The 1994 ban had support on both sides of the aisle, and still resulted in a lot of turnover in congress. This is one of those cases where term limits cut both ways. They will do what it takes to stay in power and this is the one issue that will get red voters out in droves at the midterms. That 's not something the other side of the aisle wants at all, but I could have this totally wrong.

I've been thinking on this and parallels to the marijuana issue- federally it's illegal to possess. Period, no questions asked. Yet multiple states have differing laws that allow brick-and-mortar businesses to exist on the sole basis of selling weed...How is this different from state-level implementation of firearms laws*?

*I am not a lawyer

Also, I've thought for a while that the NFA and it's associated registry would end up being used as a model for expansion to things like featured weapons and mags... I see that as a possible outcome in the spirit of "compromise". Do with that what you will.

wyosam

WKR
I don't feel I need to lobby my state representatives. They are all Republican and proven 2A supporters. The problem is both the House and Senate are now Dem controlled. Do you think in this political climate a few hunters can lobby their Dem reps to vote against the party?

I know, my attitude sounds negative. And it is, unfortunately.

I don’t think the Democrats will be as United against these rules as many fear. They have had opportunities in the past that didn’t materialize. There are quite a few democrat senators from states where this will be very unpopular. They didn’t get elected for their stance on guns, they got elected for social and fiscal reasons. There are also the millions of new gun owners, at least some of which will object. Still a concern, but getting any sweeping changes through a 50/50 senate is going to be an uphill battle.

On a personal bright side, if they kill online component sales I think my supply of powder and primers will improve dramatically, not to mention I could buy supplies without hazmat charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Everyone always talked sh!t about CA and said at least it isn't happening here in ________. Well guess where that list came from? And what state already has all that as law right now?? You guessed it. Commiefornia. The election fraud and gun control measures have been tested here for years. Welcome to our misery. Death (“gun” control) by a thousand cuts.

Don't count on corrupt politicians or corrupt courts to fix the issues. Asking the government to fix the problems government creates is just lunacy. Dig in, you may be living “behind enemy lines” all across the US soon.

100% correct. That list looks like it came straight from Kalifornia. Other than the tax on guns and ammo, just about everything else we have already.

Ban online sales of ammo, firearms, kits, gun parts.
This would be a giant kick in the balls, I can’t even remember the last time I bought ammo in a local store. It’s not that I don’t like them, they never have what I want/need.
Well at least Biden doesn’t have total control......oh wait he does.

The real question is; is Biden a typical politician who promises (or should I say threatens these days) to do more than they actually do, or will he take as much or more action than Trump to get things done (whether good or bad)?

I see Biden as a typical politician and he was already given a chance to do something with guns when he was under Obama and it didn’t play out as well before.

What scares me more is that there are more democratic representatives in Congress. Some who (like the Fairfax County Virginia representatives) claim they know what’s best for people despite the people that even voted for them telling them that’s not what they want.

Our gun club asked our congress representative how many phone calls it takes to get him to really consider items on a bill. His Answer: 10. 10 phone calls.

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES!

WKR
Biden will continue to be a milquetoast centrist. He's a very watered down version of Obama and as far as I recall, the 2a was largely safe under Obama.

The far right and the far left will continue to rattle sabers and the fundamentals will remain largely unchanged. There will be small "things" done, and both sides will howl in protest/glee.

Whomever stated that AR's haven't inflated in "panic mode" this time around seems to be largely correct. That part surprises me somewhat, but perhaps, as stated, the market is already saturated.

CorbLand

WKR
Biden will continue to be a milquetoast centrist. He's a very watered down version of Obama and as far as I recall, the 2a was largely safe under Obama.

The far right and the far left will continue to rattle sabers and the fundamentals will remain largely unchanged. There will be small "things" done, and both sides will howl in protest/glee.

Whomever stated that AR's haven't inflated in "panic mode" this time around seems to be largely correct. That part surprises me somewhat, but perhaps, as stated, the market is already saturated.
I agree with this but still, keep advocating, keep on your elected officials and donate to advocacy groups.

WCB

WKR
Biden is not really the issue anymore in getting this done he just has to sign the final document. The Congress is where the fight is. And the side that is in control has no shame or reason to hold back or not do this. Even as dumb as they are they probably realize it could change in short order and the way the world has ramped up I don't think it is the same as before. I don't think they will let this chance slide by. Now if just a few Dems are pressured by their voters and some of the Republicans pull their heads out of their AZZEZ it could be a non-issue.

Same with the Supreme Court if it gets that far. Nothing like literally going after your peoples Constitutional Rights from day one.

FLAK

WKR
Stick together, raise hell with your Reps.
* Disclaimer so the Brown Shirts dont come for me: NOT in a physically violent manner.
I suspect and hope the Commies(Dems) will be bombarded with lawsuits, slowing down their efforts.
Thank God for our Founding Fathers visualizing this long ago and instituting Presidential Term Limits.
Do not give in or give up!!! Do not be afraid to speak up or Offend!!! Get off the fence. Because thats why we're in this position today.

Ex: Look up Margorie Taylor Greene , Rep. in Ga.
This Lady has a Beach Ball size pair of Lady Nuts!!!
This is the way it's done.
Giving it right back to them, because thats all they understand.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
When/where was this announced? I can only find information from his stimulus announcement last night...