Biden announces proposed gun control measures

wyosam

WKR
Ban online sales of ammo, firearms, kits, gun parts.
This would be a giant kick in the balls, I can’t even remember the last time I bought ammo in a local store. It’s not that I don’t like them, they never have what I want/need.
Well at least Biden doesn’t have total control......oh wait he does.

Not that I’m advocating a ban on online sales, but online sales are part of why the local shop doesn’t carry much. If half or more of their customers are going to buy online anyway, why would they carry a widespread inventory that they might sit on forever? In normal times when I need a particular powder and my local shop doesn’t have it on the shelf, I say “hey, can you get me an 8 pound jug of H4350?”, to which they reply “yeah, it’ll be here next Thursday”. No hazmat fee, no scavenging the internet for a couple pounds of powder and a few primers that are going to cost a fortune to ship, and require me to be home the day they deliver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Opah

WKR
"Lobby your elected officials (and support some 2A lobby groups financially)."
Is there any elected officials that are not corrupt, they all stood by and watched this happen, did nothing and are doing nothing.
I say prepaid your self's, it is going to be a rough ride

WKR
Not that I’m advocating a ban on online sales, but online sales are part of why the local shop doesn’t carry much. If half or more of their customers are going to buy online anyway, why would they carry a widespread inventory that they might sit on forever? In normal times when I need a particular powder and my local shop doesn’t have it on the shelf, I say “hey, can you get me an 8 pound jug of H4350?”, to which they reply “yeah, it’ll be here next Thursday”. No hazmat fee, no scavenging the internet for a couple pounds of powder and a few primers that are going to cost a fortune to ship, and require me to be home the day they deliver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
IF something like this happens, it may be a boon to local outdoor and gun shops.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
go to his campaign site.
That's the same statement that's been there the entire campaign? I thought they meant there was an actual announcement that he is putting a law forward to be discussed today...

The house has already brought 8 bills up for discussion on the floor since they have control compared to 1 stimulus bill...so we know where their heads are at. Worst one so far is HR 127. But showing it as top priority for him as well before even taking oath wouldn't be great.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
The Biden webpage I linked to has been up for a while (methinks).

Biden has recently sent out a "Twit" indicating he was going to crush the NRA...thus the AmmoLand article today.

Reactions: WCB

MattB

WKR
Here is what Biden announced today that directly impact gun owners (2A) and hunting:

On his website, "Pres. Elect" Biden announced plan to:
1. Ban "assault weapons"
2. Ban "high capacity" magazines
3. Ban private transfers between friends and acquantances
4. Tax gun and ammunition sales
5. Ease restrictions on "red flag" laws, making it easier to confiscate guns based solely on accusations
<Edit:>
6. Limit gun purchases to 1 per month
7. Prohibit anyone who has misdemeanor conviction of "hate" or "bias" from purchasing firearm
8. End the so called "Charleston loophole" which limits background check wait period to 3 days
9. Ban anyone with arrest warrant from purchasing ammo or guns
10. Ban online sales of ammo, firearms, kits, gun parts
11. Grants to states to setup gun registration and licensing requirements

In case anyone doubts the veracity of the list above, here is the direct link to his website: https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

<end edit>

See: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/01/bi...-cannot-beat-citizen-gun-lobby/#ixzz6jdVhWhjL

Please, stand together as gun owners and lobby your elected officials (and support some 2A lobby groups financially).
Announced today? It looks like you are just linking the section of his website that has been there for months.

WCB

WKR
That's the same statement that's been there the entire campaign? I thought they meant there was an actual announcement that he is putting a law forward to be discussed today...

The house has already brought 8 bills up for discussion on the floor since they have control compared to 1 stimulus bill...so we know where their heads are at. Worst one so far is HR 127. But showing it as top priority for him as well before even taking oath wouldn't be great.
I agree...not sur it was an announcement per say...but not a bad thing to bring up every other week or so.

CoHiCntry

WKR
Announced today? It looks like you are just linking the section of his website that has been there for months.
He's gonna be the president in about 5 day's so wether he said it today or months ago doesn't really matter. We should all be doing our part to try and make our voices heard to hopefully curtail any more unneeded gun laws.

MattB

WKR
He's gonna be the president in about 5 day's so wether he said it today or months ago doesn't really matter. We should all be doing our part to try and make our voices heard to hopefully curtail any more unneeded gun laws.
It does matter, as saying it was announced today is fake news, and I hold fake news and those who perpetrate it in very low regard.

I don't disagree the message is important as I have posted that same link in the past to get the word out, but we can still be honest about.

CoHiCntry

WKR
It does matter, as saying it was announced today is fake news, and I hold fake news and those who perpetrate it in very low regard.

I don't disagree the message is important as I have posted that same link in the past to get the word out, but we can still be honest about.
Oh, ok... I don't think the guy was trying to be malicious or report "fake" news? Maybe he saw it and just assumed it was just said today? I don't know... either way we should all be on the same side here trying to stop this kinda stuff from happening.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR

Must have been typing at the same time, but I clarified in the post just above yours.

Mea Culpa. The AmmoLand article hit today. When I first scanned through it, I saw a reference to "announced Friday". I made an assumption.

However, Biden has been twitting out about defeating the NRA (which really means gun owners) as recently as last Friday.

I've corrected my OP to remove the "today" reference.

I was unaware of the Biden website listing being there (as I don't frequent commie webpages). I did start researching the Twits and looking for the actual reference material listed in the AmmoLand article today.

I certainly wasn't trying to use "fake news" to stir the pot. I was reacting to TODAYS AmmoLand article.

My apologies for the inaccuracy of the timing...

Last edited:
OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
BTW, definition of "fake news":

noun

false news stories, often of a sensational nature, created to be widely shared or distributed for the purpose of generating revenue, or promoting or discrediting a public figure, political movement, company, etc.:

See https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fake-news

Which is why I always try to post references. The only thing inaccurate on my OP was the timing. Doesn't really qualify as "fake news".

Fake news would be attributing false gun control measures to Biden's proposals in order to arouse folks.

Opah

WKR
Bidden and Harris are going to waste no time forcing there agendas down our throats.
They know a majority of US patriots are not going to stand by Idly and let them get away with and do what they plan on doing.
They must reduce us to sheep and can not do that if we can defend ourselves.

ttubudd

FNG
What pro 2a groups should we be supporting? Are any more effective than the NRA?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

SMOKYMTN

WKR
I don't feel I need to lobby my state representatives. They are all Republican and proven 2A supporters. The problem is both the House and Senate are now Dem controlled. Do you think in this political climate a few hunters can lobby their Dem reps to vote against the party?

I know, my attitude sounds negative. And it is, unfortunately.

Then you better call Joe Manchin's office.

Uh, holy hell. Just did some looking and FYI-Midway is currently gouging customers on reloading components.

Last edited:

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider