Biden announces proposed gun control measures

CoHiCntry

WKR
My gun safe is fully expanded by 800%...you do the math.
Your owning more guns doesn't really mean we have extended gun rights does it? I mean it's not against the law to buy guns so you can buy as many as you want? Here in Colorado our gun laws have tightened up over the years little by little. I'm assuming that's happened just about everywhere in the country?

They will follow the lead California has implemented. High capacity that will be 10 rounds, California is already there... definition of an assault weapon? They will look at California and see what they’ve implemented here as a start.. if your not familiar with California’s laws look them up because that’s what will try to be pushed in my opinion... shit most of the items originally posted are already in place in California

Really? Sounds like you are not familiar with California Laws. California Penal Code 32310 was struck down at the district court and this was upheld in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in Duncan vs. Bercerra. In effect, the law is now unenforceable. A MAJOR fail for the people looking to reduce magazine capacities. If California pushes that (and they haven't since October 2020) then it will go the to US Supreme Court and then they will be screwed because the Supremes with a 6-3 majority conservative will uphold the lower court's. This then will find that all laws in all of the states that look to ban "Large Capacity Magazines" would be held invalid.

Try not to spread misinformation to scare people, there has been enough of that already in this thread in particular and then gun community in general.

BuzzH

WKR
Your owning more guns doesn't really mean we have extended gun rights does it? I mean it's not against the law to buy guns so you can buy as many as you want? Here in Colorado our gun laws have tightened up over the years little by little. I'm assuming that's happened just about everywhere in the country?

What specific laws have tightened up little by little?

Whisky

WKR
My gun safe is fully expanded by 800%...you do the math.
What was you age and income then vs now?
40 yrs ago I wasn't alive. But, I do have a shit ton more guns since then. Does that still count?

Just being a smartass, I know.

Trial153

WKR
Who would you recommend as an alternative?
I would say GOA for now nationally, at least you know exactly where there they stand. And maybe hopefully something else emerges as a sane, solvent, transparent and honest national organization.

I think just as important is going state organization surrport the. and lobbying on the state level..

What isnt an option for me is the freaking thieves at the NRA, with their fear mongering fundraising and blatant malfeasance. Biggest group of scumbags imaginable.

I would see a higher tax applied to firearm and ammunition sales first, followed by a restriction on buying ammunition online as their pinnacle achievement this year.

Magpul could go out of business, but what do I know.

There are a few clueless dems in Congress who think they should push everything through, but the rest know what will happen in 2022. Many will be forced to retire if they move too quickly and aggressively on these measures...

The red flag laws are the single largest threat to 2A rights than anything in a long time. A tattle-tale making up stories can put heartache and grief on anyone person more than anything else.

The misallocated tax dollars to states willing to begin a registration program is a large threat as well. All blue states will implement that.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
The data is there...couldn't have a firearm on a train or in a National Park until Obama signed it into law.

Seems like an expansion of firearm rights to me...

Thanks to Justice Scalia.

The Obama admin certainly tried but were stymied by the gun lobby (us) and several gun lobby organizations.

Now is not the time to rest on those laurels...we have to stay active and united to maintain what we have (and try to regain what we've lost in the 80's nationally)

Last edited:
I'm late to the discussion here, but I really don't see Bidens gun control being pushed through until at least 2022.

I see Corona Virus, Trumps impeachment and investigations, immigration and push to stop the wall, foreign relations, figuring out how to fix the broken department of agriculture and interior (pay raises for natural resource and other fields) and fixing the economy the biggest issues. Once we get to 2022, they'll be campaigning for Congress and for Kamala's Presidency bid. Cannot rule out Congress wasting time on seeing if biden is Unfit for duty.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Who would you recommend as an alternative?

Gunowners of America (GOA) and Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) are two really good orgs.

GOA focuses on lobbying; SAF is mostly involved with lawsuits.

While I'm a Life Member of NRA, I'm not giving them money until they sort out their LaPierre issues.

There are other good organizations as well.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
The first thing they will have to do is figure out what an "assault weapon" is. They couldn't figure that out in the 90's either. The best they could come up with was "those look scary".

And "high capacity" is not an objective term either. If they polled every Congress"person" they'd probably get 50 different answers for what "high capacity" means. 30rd is low capacity in relation to 120 round drums. I guess depending on how they word it, drums might be left off the bill???

Given the propensity of the ATF to make terrible "rules", I wouldn't count on this being safe.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
When I was in college in early 80's, there really wasn't a restriction on buying fully automatic weapons (other than Tax Stamp).

Now I can't get one at all (since I can't afford the ridiculous price on one since you can only buy one that was registered via Tax Stamp prior to 1986).

I'd say that was a loss of rights after Carter.

Last edited:
OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
I'm late to the discussion here, but I really don't see Bidens gun control being pushed through until at least 2022.

I see Corona Virus, Trumps impeachment and investigations, immigration and push to stop the wall, foreign relations, figuring out how to fix the broken department of agriculture and interior (pay raises for natural resource and other fields) and fixing the economy the biggest issues. Once we get to 2022, they'll be campaigning for Congress and for Kamala's Presidency bid. Cannot rule out Congress wasting time on seeing if biden is Unfit for duty.
I think the lesson learned from the Obama administration time is that Dems should have pushed through more when they had majorities in Congress.

I expect them to push hard these next two years realizing that they may have overplayed their hand with impeachment and may not have majorities after the 2022 election.

Please don't be complacent...

...and please, let us be unified.

I think the lesson learned from the Obama administration time is that Dems should have pushed through more when they had majorities in Congress.

I expect them to push hard these next two years realizing that they may have overplayed their hand with impeachment and may not have majorities after the 2022 election.

Please don't be complacent...

...and please, let us be unified.
We will definitely see. I've definetely been involved in writing my elected officials about gun control. I do think though that there are bigger fish to fry right now for them then gun control. Part of me hopes they didn't learn their lesson during the Obama era!