Biden announces proposed gun control measures

Laramie

WKR
My point made. Thank you
It's not about who our president is. Like I stated at the start of this thread, this issue isn't about party lines. It's about freedom. We have a constitution for a lot of reasons. One of them is to protect our country from our own government. Presidents will change, congressmen will change, local government will change... Through all of that all citizens need to stand up for their rights. If you don't, they will eventually be taken.

Last edited:

brsnow

WKR
You legalize abortion and the number of abortions go down each year, you propose gun control and more guns are owned each year. Seems the system is working....

Elk97

WKR
As I see it, the Biden administration, Democrat Senate & Democrat House are drunk on power with their new majorities having "defeated" President Trump. I won't be surprised if they all jump on a lot of issues including all of the firearm restrictions listed by the OP. They know not only to never let a crisis go to waste but also to strike while the irons hot. Not reasonable to compare to Obama or anything in the past, this is a new world we are living in. And don't be surprised if all of a sudden you can't post anything on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube about the 2A right before crucial votes. Support GOA, NRA, SAF if you can and call/email all of your legislators, even if it's basically a waste of time like it is for me here in WA.

Rokbar

WKR
A
Looks like some good common sense regs to me. I support this. Nothing here prevents me from buying guns for any sort of hunting or personal defense.

Remember, 2A has always been restricted. We cant buy rocket/grenade launchers and other types of high end war type weapons. Fully automatics are pretty hard to get your hands on legally. Assault style semi autos are a grey area between war and hunting/hobby/sport use. Classic bolt action rifles will always be easy to get.

I've heard the "dems are gonna take away my guns" for 20 years and literally nothing ever changes. Here come posts saying oh but it's a slippery slope you just watch here it comes they restrict mag capacity and next thing you know the government is coming for my 30-06 lol
Ah, Minnesota. Give an inch and they'll take a mile. M1 Garands are 06's as well.

Stalker69

WKR
If one doesnt own an AR yet...is now the time to buy? Sounds like a good excuse anyway 🤣 I mean I'm not expecting a civil war or anything...but crazier things have happened. I wont lay down and let anyone steal my shit.
They are not going to take them away right away, they are going to make it unaffordable to own them first. Then they are going to restructure laws, to make a lot more individuals with Any misdemeanors in the past or future and such to not lawfully own them. They are going to whittle away at our freedom a bit at a time. Until the group that can afford and is “ able” to own them is so small they won’t have to worry about such a small group of armed citizens being able to protect our selves from our own government, at which time our second amendment will be destroyed. It’s pretty obvious our government wants total control of us, without fear of us being able to protect our selves and our rights. We will not be “ free” when they are done. Look at the control China and Russia has over there citizens,( total control, and they know they can’t fight back) that is exactly what they want here. And the only thing standing in their way is our guns, and its going to be a PRIORITY to get them out of their way.

Last edited:

Laramie

WKR
I will post on a political thread. I just don’t see why they are here. I thought it was a backcountry hunting site.
Serious question. Do you believe in our 2nd amendment rights? Not trying to attack you I just don't understand.

Can you buy a 30rnd mag in a gun store
In California right now?? Last time I checked
No! We had freedom Week where it was opened up before it was reinstated. When it was overturned as you stated there was a stay put in place to keep someone from purchasing in California.
Maybe you should understand California laws before you spout off on something you don’t understand

You obviously didn't read the court order nor did you read the proceedings. The California Department of Justice cannot prosecute the law... period. There is no pending stay.

Please.. please... just stop.

brsnow

WKR
Serious question. Do you believe in our 2nd amendment rights? Not trying to attack you I just don't understand.
Of course, serious question for you, do need a website to make a decision or form an opinion?

Laramie

WKR
Of course, serious question for you, do need a website to make a decision or form an opinion?
Not at all. Just trying to understand your stance. I don't agree with all your posts and I know you don't mine but in the end I hope most of us are on the same team when it comes to our rights.

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
Gun control would be a great way to piss off some really pissed off people.

Good luck. Who knows what will happen if they start grabbing guns.