Biden announces proposed gun control measures

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
1. Actively and persistently lobby your Representatives and Senators in Congress (phone calls, letters, emails).

Keep it civil and to the point. Many gun lobby groups will have "form letters" you can send. I'll use those sometimes but I will edit them to make them unique (and not so chain letter sounding).

2. If not already a member of a 2A lobby group, join.

3. Contribute $$$ to various 2A lobby groups

4. Pray (if you're so inclined)
Doing this won't help at all. All those letters emails phone call are just swept under the rug will never be shown or heard of. This isnt just about our 2A so much more then that is at stake now. Only way anything will change is if the American people gather by the millions WITH NO GUNS NO VIOLENCE NO RIOTS and stand at the nation's Capitol to call for resignation of the Senate Congress. These people are pulling pieces of our rights away slowly been doing it for years creating laws that take just a little bit of our constitution away at a time. What biden wants to do by raising minimum wage across country will kill the American small businesses so that the american people all of them will only be able to make so much money the same as every other american because it mostly takes money for our voices to be heard. I'm glad when I started working I started at just above minimum wage 6.00 an hr I worked hard all these years to get from there to where I am now. I'm not part of any militia groups or anything like that im not even a subscriber of NRA I'm just an American citizen that wants the america we had. Remember the freedom movement ( Martin Luther king)that's how this needs to be done millions of people of all color come together for our constitutional rights remove the radical people in office the one that are not for the people. I don't really think the us millitary wouldn't massacre millions of unarmed american citizens at the capitol but this is probably the only way Americans could change a thing. Probly shouldn't post this I'll probably get red flaged now lol they won't get much I don't have many guns I don't even own a pistol.

Deadfall

WKR
With the majority here and excellent post from OP

early some made mention that dems don’t often get this radical stuff done, or some dems need the sportsman hunter and 2a proponents to be relected, etc.

My real fear, honestly they have a formula for winning any election. IMO it’s perfected and targeted. I just don’t see a path where in two years a majority sweeps congress - I see radicals winning most any election. There are no current state legislature addressing election laws. What fear do they have about implementing this list... none in my mind.

they radicals/dems/libs/new progressive whatever are truly 5 moves ahead. This list represents some amazing opportunities to de-arm and fits there style. No infantry going door to door, but now we have precedent for unfounded allegations. Truly shrewd. I know my neighbors, and who’s politically different than I, and they know I have guns. So, what they can place a call and complain that I wasn’t wearing a mask but am carrying a gun...

I respect those here not fully on board, but I see the next few years as uncharted and I don’t believe rhetoric and pandering is at hand. There’s a bigger agenda. Heck we have elected officials seriously talking about filing charges against their peers without evidence of planning the January 6 break in. Many examples of Legal hypocrisy with regard to constitutional law and these gun issues are no exception…
Perhaps. Montana just showed its possible though. This year we went red cross the board, We will see. Our state congress is getting it on right out of the gate.

Everyone worried about the federal side. Really its the state level where the stage is set. Be tough to have blue feds and red states.

First 2 years under trump were red and not much got done. Trump spent that time cleaning house and exposing the nonsense.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail and over time more ban together/stand up on both sides.

I dont worry to much about judas joe. Especially considering he don't even know where he is. Probably thinks he's at Disney land....can just imagine good ol Nancy telling Joe, here's a sucker and your woobie just read this, you can go back to cartoon network...

FLAK

WKR
Lol yup cuz if we all have ARs then the citizens can defeat the military. Wait, wouldn't they just mobilize tanks, drone strikes, tomahawk missiles, etc and wipe us all out? I never got the argument that it's to keep govt in check. Maybe in 1800 it kept em in check but not today.
Maybe, but it sure makes other countries think twice about a land invasion.

Deadfall

WKR
As for other countries attacking, it seems more likely they would wreck us from behind a computer in the comfort of their office

Lol yup cuz if we all have ARs then the citizens can defeat the military. Wait, wouldn't they just mobilize tanks, drone strikes, tomahawk missiles, etc and wipe us all out? I never got the argument that it's to keep govt in check. Maybe in 1800 it kept em in check but not today.

Which makes sense, until you look at places like Afghanistan, which has been overwhelmed with superior forces and they eventually win out in the end with AK's and RPG's. No amount of tanks and drones can control such a large area in the United States. Eventually the people would win out, easily. Something to think about.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Doing this won't help at all. All those letters emails phone call are just swept under the rug will never be shown or heard of.
Can't disagree with you more.

My experience, knowing some staffers, is they do matter if enough of them come through.

Apparently my experience is the same as others. Of course, if you have a die hard marxist as your Sen/Rep, it may not sway them from the influence of the Marxist leadership...but it will give them pause for thought.

Our gun club asked our congress representative how many phone calls it takes to get him to really consider items on a bill. His Answer: 10. 10 phone calls.

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES!

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Everyone worried about the federal side. Really its the state level where the stage is set. Be tough to have blue feds and red states.
There is a lot of truth to this ^^^. Especially with Biden's plan pushing registration/licensing grants to the states.

It was mentioned earlier (I forget who), but it is just as important to join at least one of your states' gun lobbies.

Here in Texas, I am a Life Member in Texas State Rifle Association (TSRA). They cover more than just rifles (conceal carry, open carry, hunting, etc).

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Which makes sense, until you look at places like Afghanistan, which has been overwhelmed with superior forces and they eventually win out in the end with AK's and RPG's. No amount of tanks and drones can control such a large area in the United States. Eventually the people would win out, easily. Something to think about.

Wolverines!!!!

:ROFLMAO:

CorbLand

WKR
Part of the reason we “lose” in places like Afghanistan is the political pressure from back home. The fear of politicians losing elections for supporting it and the losing the support of people back home. If the people fully supported it and you didn’t have to worry about that. The US could have carpet bombed Afghanistan into submission in less than a month.

If the military backs one side over the other. It will be a very long, very hard battle. It would be very hard for the side that doesn’t have that much support to win. Not impossible, but hard.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Part of the reason we “lose” in places like Afghanistan is the political pressure from back home. The fear of politicians losing elections for supporting it and the losing the support of people back home. If the people fully supported it and you didn’t have to worry about that. The US could have carpet bombed Afghanistan into submission in less than a month.

If the military backs one side over the other. It will be a very long, very hard battle. It would be very hard for the side that doesn’t have that much support to win. Not impossible, but hard.
Lots of Truth here^^...however, I will say you can't control the ground from the air. Some ground troops are necessary, especially if they are dug in like ants in the mountain caves. (But we do have some really cool weapons for those cave complexes, e.g. fuel-air bombs)

...but also because of obtuse Rules of Engagement. Look at what Obama instituted as very restrictive RoE that handcuffed our troops and resulted in several being charged with UCMJ violations for doing the right thing.

My opinion: If we go to war, it needs to be swift and violent. In and out, quickly. Leave nation building to others in the region or the UN.

We keep forgetting the lessons of history.

One of those lessons is how marxists come in and confiscate guns...stay vigilant!

3forks

WKR
I didn’t read every post, but it’s not Joe calling the shots. He may sign whatever his puppeteers tell him to, but it’s people like AOC and other progressives pandering to far left groups that are setting agenda for what gets done.

Also, I think we’re one mass or school shooting away from seeing immediate and sweeping gun control legislation.

The left is not going to miss the chance to capitalize on the next shooting that occurs. The script is already written, and the media will do it’s part to sensationalize the event. I don’t see how it can happen any other way.

gbflyer

WKR
I didn’t read every post, but it’s not Joe calling the shots. He may sign whatever his puppeteers tell him to, but it’s people like AOC and other progressives pandering to far left groups that are setting agenda for what gets done.

Also, I think we’re one mass or school shooting away from seeing immediate and sweeping gun control legislation.

The left is not going to miss the chance to capitalize on the next shooting that occurs. The script is already written, and the media will do it’s part to sensationalize the event. I don’t see how it can happen any other way.

I’m not sure we give Joe enough credit. He spent 47 years in government and tried to become president 3 times. I don’t expect with that kind of tenacity he’s just going to lay down. If he doesn’t die of old age he will be our 4 year President. If he does they can prop him up next to Don Young and Nancy Pelosi.

If you live in Florida, better start reaching out to your Reps. State bill going through right now 370. Senator Farmer has introduced it. Lots of stuff in there that would start the ball rolling.

I watched a video on in from Guns &Gadgets via YouTube.

You don't have to limit the letter writing to just your state elected officials either. Money talks when it comes to politics. Like it or not, non-residents a bring a lot of money to the table in the form of license sales, motel rooms, supplies, fuel in the western states. Would be a shame if you had to abandon your favorite out of state hunt due to that state having an anti 2a senator or representative, but you can always go to other states that have "better" politicians and spend your money there. We can always let the politicians from these states we like to go to, or would like to go to, know that.

If forced into that, then explain to the motel owner, the meat processors, the game and fish dept why you're no longer spending money there. They can do the voting from there. Big trickle down effect.

Lou Sid

FNG
Have you not been paying attention the last 19 years in Afghanistan? Or Iraq? Or How about Afghans vs the Russians? Maybe you can atleast remember the rice farmers in Vietnam.
Huh? You think we the people can beat the US military in battle lol. Other countries sure the people can take over. Not here. Military is too powerful.

Lou Sid

FNG
Nope. Theres a little difference between the Afgan and US military. Couple nukes and people with ARs would back off a tad I think. Who in their right mind thinks US citizens can defeat the US military in battle?