Biden announces proposed gun control measures

Rob5589

WKR
The US has used nukes, once, in 1945. It's a bit silly to think the next time would be on US soil against US citizens.

You need to think smaller. A dude wearing fur and horns breached the United States capital, carrying a spear. Imagine a few hundred armed citizens doing the same thing but when the building was full of elected politicians. That is what they fear, not an all out battle with military forces.

Opah

WKR
The question is how many of our standing military forces, police forces and national guard would take up arms against American people. the split between slow Joe, Kamala and Trump was 40 Slow Joe and 60 Trump, I would think that could represent the same in the Military, police and NG.
just as they did at the capital how many would just step aside and allow things to happen ?

Opah

WKR
Dear Mz Boxer and Fienstien,

Thank you for your continued efforts in protecting my Constitutional rights. One such right, endowed by my Creator, is to keep and bear arms. The Biden administration has promised to institute policy that is a direct offense against this right. It is my solemn hope and expectation that you, as my government representative, will fight every last measure to ensure that this important right is preserved. I have confidence that you will do so, and I'll be following you closely to monitor whether my continued support of your candidacy is merited.

Thanks for your consideration.

Respectfully,
John

Do you hear the laughter and the paper shredders running

Hoodie

WKR
The question is how many of our standing military forces, police forces and national guard would take up arms against American people. the split between slow Joe, Kamala and Trump was 40 Slow Joe and 60 Trump, I would think that could represent the same in the Military, police and NG.
just as they did at the capital how many would just step aside and allow things to happen ?

Just so Iḿ clear on this, you think anyone in the military who voted democrat would be willing to take up arms against American citizens?

As a veteran it is extremely disturbing to me that there are people out here who are thinking this way.

Iḿ gonna take a wild guess here and assume you haven´t been in the military. Trust me, 40% of them aren´t willing to participate in a platoon scale raid on your house. They literally joined under the presumption they´d be defending you.

I got out of the Marine Corps in 2017. I´ve been using the GI Bill at a school in a hyper liberal city for the past three years. I know plenty of left-leaning vets.

It is extremely disrespectful for you to assume that those people, who have demonstrated their willingness to sacrifice on your behalf, would commit treason simply because they disagree with you on how tax revenue should be allocated.

I don´t give a shit who you voted for. You´re an American citizen. The US military is not a threat to you. Apparently your news source is, if you´ve been led to believe that any service member with different political leanings than you is a legitimate threat.

Opah

WKR
You stated the point I was trying to make, I believe that if an all out assault on our 1st and 2nd amendments were to happen by our government our Military, most of the police and National Guard would stand with the people to protect us from our Government that as gone astray and secure our rights

Hoodie

WKR
You stated the point I was trying to make, I believe that if an all out assault on our 1st and 2nd amendments were to happen by our government our Military, most of the police and National Guard would stand with the people to protect us from our Government that as gone astray and secure our rights

No. I most certainly did NOT validate your ¨point.¨

You stated that 40%, which is the percentage you believe voted for Biden, would harm American citizens.

You implied that all of the servicemembers who happen to be on the same side of the political divide as you could be trusted, while those who are left-leaning could not.

Based on your percentages that would mean that out of 1.3 million US service members 520,000 could be considered a credible threat. That is almost 3x the total number of US Marines.

You basically suggested that most democrat servicemembers could be expected to commit treason.

That is extremely disrespectful. It is sad that we have been so thoroughly divided that otherwise normal people could seriously think this way.

I´m a vet, and I don´t like Donald Trump. I don´t hate him. I don´t think he´s a nazi. I can point to a few of his policies that I support wholeheartedly and feel were absolutely in the best interests of our nation. But on the whole, I don´t like him. I don´t like Joe Biden either.

I bet the things you and I have in common outnumber our differences. Peddling outrage and sewing division is big business for the media these days.

Don´t let that warp your perception of reality.

Okhotnik

WKR
No. I most certainly did NOT validate your ¨point.¨

You stated that 40%, which is the percentage you believe voted for Biden, would harm American citizens.

You implied that all of the servicemembers who happen to be on the same side of the political divide as you could be trusted, while those who are left-leaning could not.

Based on your percentages that would mean that out of 1.3 million US service members 520,000 could be considered a credible threat. That is almost 3x the total number of US Marines.

You basically suggested that most democrat servicemembers could be expected to commit treason.

That is extremely disrespectful. It is sad that we have been so thoroughly divided that otherwise normal people could seriously think this way.

I´m a vet, and I don´t like Donald Trump. I don´t hate him. I don´t think he´s a nazi. I can point to a few of his policies that I support wholeheartedly and feel were absolutely in the best interests of our nation. But on the whole, I don´t like him. I don´t like Joe Biden either.

I bet the things you and I have in common outnumber our differences. Peddling outrage and sewing division is big business for the media these days.

Don´t let that warp your perception of reality.

All Dem candidates including the hosebag backed this up very enthusiastically

Okhotnik

WKR
you're wasting your time with the anti gun progressives on here

Opah

WKR
Dude there are Military , police and national guard that will blindly follow orders, you say no i say watch this

All this because a child did not have its nose covered !
you count how many police it took to address a child and mother over a mask issue !

Hoodie

WKR
Dude there are Military , police and national guard that will blindly follow orders, you say no i say watch this

Look. I just want you to know that if you are legitimately worrying that there are 520,000 US service members willing to do you harm, don´t.

The service members who voted differently than you are not willing to do you harm because you have different opinions than them. And a service member´s political affiliations have nothing to do with their ability to think for themselves and do the right thing.

You certainly could not say ¨Well all these people voted like I did, so they must be trustworthy independent thinkers. The others are probably traitors waiting for an opportunity to cause me harm.¨

I´m disappointed that things have gotten to the point where that sort of fear is commonplace. I´m guessing that it´s commonplace because I´m assuming you´re a reasonable person. I´d appreciate it if you´d assume the same for me.

I´ve been in the military. I trust the guys I was on teams with more than anyone. They are not your enemy.

All of the discussion here about voting, calling representatives, and donating money to trustworthy organizations lobbying on behalf of gun owners is good. That´s how a democracy is supposed to work.

But there are some extremely flawed ideas about the military being thrown around. And I´ve noticed that they are coming pretty much exclusively from people with no personal military experience. So if I can clear some of these misconceptions up, I feel obligated to try.

Iḿ not your enemy either.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Looks like some good common sense regs to me. I support this. Nothing here prevents me from buying guns for any sort of hunting or personal defense.

Remember, 2A has always been restricted. We cant buy rocket/grenade launchers and other types of high end war type weapons. Fully automatics are pretty hard to get your hands on legally. Assault style semi autos are a grey area between war and hunting/hobby/sport use. Classic bolt action rifles will always be easy to get.

I've heard the "dems are gonna take away my guns" for 20 years and literally nothing ever changes. Here come posts saying oh but it's a slippery slope you just watch here it comes they restrict mag capacity and next thing you know the government is coming for my 30-06 lol
You absolutely can buy grenade launchers, tanks, mortars, etc. Go away with accepting anymore infringements. Minnesota has already proven how ignorant it is as a voting populace, and you just reinforced it with this nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk