Biden announces proposed gun control measures

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Makes those inline black powder guns a bit more valuable.

I have one of these and a .457 Texan. No registry and if you have a mold you can pour your own lead. No powder to deal with. And no noise.

def90

WKR
This is a pretty bold claim. I can't argue whether or not that's secretly what they want, but quotes? "Pretty much everyone"?

Let's see some of these total ban quotes. Seems like saying stuff like that might be bad for someone's re-election campaign.

Even if they wanted a total ban, why on Earth would any of these politicians be up front about it? It seems like that would be directly counter to their efforts to lull people into a false sense of security so they could push them down that slippery slope you mentioned.
Here are just a few, if I was in front of my computer I could fill up multiple pages of quotes for you..

"If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
- Diane Feinstein

"I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say 'Sorry.' it's 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison."
- Rosie O'Donnell

"I don’t believe people should to be able to own guns.”
- Barack Obama

William Clay, U.S. Representative from Missouri

” …we need much stricter gun control, and eventually should bar the ownership of handguns”

Joseph Biden, Vice President of the United States

"Banning guns is an idea whose time has come.”

Bobby Rush, U.S. Representative from Illinois

“My staff and I right now are working on a comprehensive gun-control bill. We don’t have all the details, but for instance, regulating the sale and purchase of bullets. Ultimately, I would like to see the manufacture and possession of handguns banned except for military and police use. But that’s the endgame. And in the meantime, there are some specific things that we can do with legislation.”

Michael Gardner, President of NBC News

“There is no reason for anyone in this country … to buy, to own, to have, to use a handgun …The only way to control handgun use in this country is to prohibit the guns.” 37

“In fact, only police, soldiers — and, maybe, licensed target ranges — should have handguns. No one else needs one.”

Jack E. White, Time Magazine national correspondent

“Why not just ban the ownership of handguns when nobody needs one? Why not just ban semi-automatic rifles? Nobody needs one.”

Gary Wills, syndicated columnist

“Every civilized society must disarm its citizens against each other.”

Janet Reno, former U.S. attorney general

“The most effective means of fighting crime in the United States is to outlaw the possession of any type of firearm by the civilian populace.”

George Napper, Atlanta public-safety commissioner

“If I had my druthers, the only people who would have guns would be those who enforce the law.”

Just FYI, the Obama quote is something he supposedly told John Lott Jr. during a conversation in the 1990's and then he printed in his book. Not exactly the kind of vetting you need to substantiate that kind of bold quote.

Edit: details matter, and going off the word of one guy with an agenda is the detail that matters here. Does Obama want guns banned? Maybe, but when that quote is used to prove it, it cheapens the stance.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
Welcome to California! Everyone of you that left California i told you that you can run but not hide. I also told Everyone here and elsewhere that that these evil people idea. Make the whole country into a S hole like California.
As more and more time goes by the rest of the Country becomes more like California. And I think harder about leaving. California gets worse and worse than the country becomes more like California, though. So, it seems.

Rob5589

WKR
Here are just a few, if I was in front of my computer I could fill up multiple pages of quotes for you..

"If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
- Diane Feinstein

"I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say 'Sorry.' it's 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison."
- Rosie O'Donnell

- Barack Obama

” …we need much stricter gun control, and eventually should bar the ownership of handguns”

“My staff and I right now are working on a comprehensive gun-control bill. We don’t have all the details, but for instance, regulating the sale and purchase of bullets. Ultimately, I would like to see the manufacture and possession of handguns banned except for military and police use. But that’s the endgame. And in the meantime, there are some specific things that we can do with legislation.”

“There is no reason for anyone in this country … to buy, to own, to have, to use a handgun …The only way to control handgun use in this country is to prohibit the guns.” 37

“In fact, only police, soldiers — and, maybe, licensed target ranges — should have handguns. No one else needs one.”

“Why not just ban the ownership of handguns when nobody needs one? Why not just ban semi-automatic rifles? Nobody needs one.”

“The most effective means of fighting crime in the United States is to outlaw the possession of any type of firearm by the civilian populace.”

“If I had my druthers, the only people who would have guns would be those who enforce the law.”
It would be interesting to see how many of those folks now think police should be defunded, disarmed, demilitarized, and replaced with social workers. It's not just the general populace they want to disarm.

def90

WKR
Is my phone just not updating correctly or have a couple posts just disappeared in the last 10 minutes?

WKR
I deleted mine after previous poster deleted the one I responded to. So your phone is fine lol.

Hoodie

WKR

- Diane Feinstein

- Rosie O'Donnell

- Barack Obama

Here's the Politifact check on the Feinstein comment. Turns out the quote was taken out of context by Chris Cox of none other than the NRA. She addressed it 2012 saying "Let me be clear: If an individual wants to purchase a weapon for hunting or self-defense, I support that right."

Here's Obama saying he believes in the 2nd amendment. I couldn't find the quote you mentioned anywhere. Apparently its source is John Lott Jr., a gun activist, who said he heard Obama say it. That is, uh, less than credible.

Rosie O'Donnell? The actress? I guess I'll buy that she said that. But I'm not too worried about her ability to influence policy. It took 3 minutes of fact-checking to address two of those. I'm not gonna assume all of them are wrong, but those two being way off doesn't bode well for the list taken as a whole.

Like I said, "pretty much everyone" hasn't been RELIABLY quoted saying they'd support a total ban.

Rosie O'Donnell apparently has. How much of a threat she poses is for you fine folks to decide for yourselves.

Last edited:

def90

WKR

Here's the Politifact check on the Feinstein comment. Turns out the quote was taken out of context by Chris Cox of none other than the NRA. She addressed it 2012 saying "Let me be clear: If an individual wants to purchase a weapon for hunting or self-defense, I support that right."

Here's Obama saying he believes in the 2nd amendment. I couldn't find the quote you mentioned anywhere. Apparently its source is John Lott Jr., a gun activist, who said he heard Obama say it. That is, uh, less than credible.

Rosie O'Donnell? The actress? I guess I'll buy that she said that. But I'm not too worried about her ability to influence policy. It took 3 minutes of fact-checking to address two of those. I'm not gonna assume all of them are wrong, but those two being way off doesn't bode well for the list taken as a whole.

Like I said, "pretty much everyone" hasn't been RELIABLY quoted saying they'd support a total ban.

Rosie O'Donnell apparently has. How much of a threat she poses is you for fine folks to decide for yourselves.
Lol, what about the rest? And like I said when I am at my computer vs phone I can post more. I guess we know where you stand on the issue.

Hoodie

WKR
Lol, what about the rest? And like I said when I am at my computer vs phone I can post more. I guess we know where you stand on the issue.

I mean the first two I checked were crap. Do I have to go through all of them? Half of them weren't even from politicians.

I'm not trying to be a dick. But you made the claim that "pretty much everyone" had been quoted saying they'd support a total ban. That is false.

The source of those dubious quotes (Chris Cox and John Lott Jr) is telling. Those are the sort of people who stand to profit from fear mongering.

Last edited:
Heck, at this point........I'd take a permit if that's what it would take. At least then we'd still have a hope in having that ability to speak our free minds. At this point "free" speech for conservatives is dwindling as fast as our debt is rising.

Free speech is not dwindling, certain medias are censoring and it is incumbent upon everyone to exercise this right to the fullest. Those who cower to leftists peer pressure are gutless pussies. As for those attempting to undermine the Second Amendment, well that's just part of the Communist plan to dominate the planet under a new One World Order whereby the masses become batteries used to power the elite. Make no mistake, there is a globalist effort to destroy the American way of life and it is clearly visible in today's politics for anyone who knows history and is paying attention.

How to create a social state by Saul Alinsky:

There are eight levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state. The first is the most important.

Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people

Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty

Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income)

Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school.

Religion – Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools

Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Does any of this sound like what is happening to the United States?

Alinsky merely simplified Vladimir Lenin's original scheme for world conquest by communism, under Russian rule. Stalin described his converts as "Useful Idiots." The Useful Idiots have destroyed every nation in which they have seized power and control. It is presently happening at an alarming rate in the U.S If people can read this and still say everything is just fine…they are “useful idiots.

MattB

WKR
The NRA doing good work doesn't excuse the malfeasance that WLP and his cronies has been accused of. This conversation is no different.

Last edited:

Hoodie

WKR

Also, I don't think a person's willingness to fact check stuff is indicative of their position on anything.

Are you implying that I should knowingly go along with BS as long as I like where it leads? I call BS on my liberal friend's horseshit all the time.

I just don't like BS. Both sides are plenty full of it.

If you said that Newt Gingrich publicly called Nancy Reagan a cow I'd probably call that out too.

Last edited: