Biden announces proposed gun control measures

What we have here is a woke "nuanced" sorta SJW.
Let me guess, hate the NRA but love your bird gun. Mini 14s are ok because they arent black and scary (and cnn hasnt told you to sell yours yet-which you will happily when the time comes).
Regardless, you seem to have a great affinity for trolling the board yet fall back on the "nuanced individual" schtick as a safety blanket. Your belief that no proof of election fraud exists, tells us all we need to know about you.
This is one of those "arguing with a fool" situations, so I'll bow out and leave you to your lifes calling as a troll.
G'day
Wow. You sure know how to pack a lot of insults into a small space. You must be so proud of yourself.

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
For those that are for further regulation... how do we measure what we’ve done is working and how do we build a safeguard to ensure that if it doesn’t work then we get our rights back? I believe we did this once and the data by the FBI said it didn’t solve anything. So how would we do it this time? What numbers would we be expecting to improve? Would those be meaningful?

Seems like we’d want to have a real clear picture of that before monkeying with a document that has provided our country with extreme prosperity and utility and freedom...

All I hear from the other side of the isle is “you don’t need this” and “common sense legislation.” Common sense to what? What’s the exact problem we’re going to improve by what exact measures? We make scary semi-auto rifles illegal we stop what, exactly? Serious question

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
Also for the record IPAs are delicious when done correctly. It’s a taste I recommended everybody acquire. It will improve your life

Since this has devolved enough, serious question for the voter fraud folks - can you provide some links that back up your beliefs? Don't mistake that for a challenge, I ask because I'd like to have a more educated opinion.

What we have here is a woke "nuanced" sorta SJW.
Let me guess, hate the NRA but love your bird gun. Mini 14s are ok because they arent black and scary (and cnn hasnt told you to sell yours yet-which you will happily when the time comes).
Regardless, you seem to have a great affinity for trolling the board yet fall back on the "nuanced individual" schtick as a safety blanket. Your belief that no proof of election fraud exists, tells us all we need to know about you.
This is one of those "arguing with a fool" situations, so I'll bow out and leave you to your lifes calling as a troll.
G'day
Looks like you got it all 'splained to your satisfaction. Good for you. ;)

Your assertion that election fraud occurred, despite all the actual evidence to the contrary, should tell anyone of reason all they need to know about your opinions.

I won't lose any sleep over those opinions, and I doubt you will mine. Good day sir.

For those that are for further regulation... how do we measure what we’ve done is working and how do we build a safeguard to ensure that if it doesn’t work then we get our rights back? I believe we did this once and the data by the FBI said it didn’t solve anything. So how would we do it this time? What numbers would we be expecting to improve? Would those be meaningful?

Seems like we’d want to have a real clear picture of that before monkeying with a document that has provided our country with extreme prosperity and utility and freedom...

All I hear from the other side of the isle is “you don’t need this” and “common sense legislation.” Common sense to what? What’s the exact problem we’re going to improve by what exact measures? We make scary semi-auto rifles illegal we stop what, exactly? Serious question
you ask very valid questions.

Making semi-autos and high capacity mags NFA items is not low-hanging fruit. It would be an enormous undertaking to tax and register literally hundreds of millions of items--possibly into the trillions--with magazines.
You may have missed the full reference in my post:

”semi autos and high capacity magazines becoming NFA items (requiring registration with waived fees)”

Fees waived is a key administrative point that disarms the registration cost objection. this is similar to how the ATF approached AR pistols in the recent comment document that was posted and withdrawn in December. NFA registration with a waiver of fees. while I certainly don’t like this idea, I can see it being easier to implement than an outright ban, which requires a law. The Federal government, could design a de novo registration program, but the NFA framework is established And available making it more tactically accessible to the federal govt. NFA also carries some other pain in the ass features like limitations on travel, storage and sales/transfers.

i also think your numbers may be off a bit. there were 5.2 million NFA items in 2017. Say it doubled since and Call it 10 million current NFA items. The number I hear for AR15 type rifles is 15-20, including LEO. to be conservative, maybe double that for any other type of semi auto they may try to ban. to be safe, call it 50 million For all semi autos that they might focus on Plus NFA items. Then say half the other 350 million guns in the US use a magazine that could be subject to new NFA regs and you are talking about 200 million guns, so get to a trillion magazines, you would need over 1,000 magazines per gun.

once again, I don’t like the idea of NFA registration for semi autos. However, I think it is an easier path for the anti gun crowd than a new AWB which can get filibustered among other things.

You may have missed the full reference in my post:

”semi autos and high capacity magazines becoming NFA items (requiring registration with waived fees)”

Fees waived is a key administrative point that disarms the registration cost objection. this is similar to how the ATF approached AR pistols in the recent comment document that was posted and withdrawn in December. NFA registration with a waiver of fees. while I certainly don’t like this idea, I can see it being easier to implement than an outright ban, which requires a law. The Federal government, could design a de novo registration program, but the NFA framework is established And available making it more tactically accessible to the federal govt. NFA also carries some other pain in the ass features like limitations on travel, storage and sales/transfers.

i also think your numbers may be off a bit. there were 5.2 million NFA items in 2017. Say it doubled since and Call it 10 million current NFA items. The number I hear for AR15 type rifles is 15-20, including LEO. to be conservative, maybe double that for any other type of semi auto they may try to ban. to be safe, call it 50 million For all semi autos that they might focus on Plus NFA items. Then say half the other 350 million guns in the US use a magazine that could be subject to new NFA regs and you are talking about 200 million guns, so get to a trillion magazines, you would need over 1,000 magazines per gun.

once again, I don’t like the idea of NFA registration for semi autos. However, I think it is an easier path for the anti gun crowd than a new AWB which can get filibustered among other things.
Impressive understanding and assessment.

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Well I sure do hate reading his "plan", I don't agree with one thing Biden wants. I hope none of this gets passed into law and the opinions of Biden are just to satiate his followers.

NDGuy

WKR
Well I sure do hate reading his "plan", I don't agree with one thing Biden wants. I hope none of this gets passed into law and the opinions of Biden are just to satiate his followers.
I think it's mostly fluff and the majority of elected officials will not make that it a huge topic to push. Elected Dems from Texas and other southern states as well as midwest states know where most of their voters stand on it. Always remember about politicians they will only do what they think is necessary to get re-elected. Plus I think they realize the biggest things to tackle are the pandemic and keeping businesses afloat.

Obviously stay vigilant but I don't think the sky is falling quite yet. Biden was already in office for 8 years and nothing changed much.

Sigh.. There it is. The appeal to extremes whenever this discussion comes up. No one has made the argument for owning nukes accept you and you’ve done it many times in this thread.

Question for you, since you are so acquainted with the definition of terms in the IIA (like “arms”). What do you think “bear” means in the context of the IIA?

Also, I enjoy this framing of argument as well.. “A truly tyrannical government would have dropped a bomb on the compound in Waco or the wildlife refuge headquarters and been done with it.” Sounds a lot like “no true Scotsman..” another fallacy. Is the only “true” form of tyrannical government one that nukes its own populace, or are there other forms of tyrannical government that exist? Sigh..
*except. And I do it to make a point.

And what makes you think I'm "so acquainted?" I never proclaimed to be. This is a discussion friend. Feel free to make your points without having to criticize or discredit mine.

The term "bear" - it appears - would mean what you can carry.

Surely there are other forms of tyrannical governments. Some would even suggest that the current form of government is tyrannical because they can't own everything our military owns. And yet, here we still are.