Biden announces proposed gun control measures

BjornF16

WKR
Here is what Biden has announced that directly impact gun owners (2A) and hunting:

On his website, "Pres. Elect" Biden announced plan to:
1. Ban "assault weapons"
2. Ban "high capacity" magazines
3. Ban private transfers between friends and acquantances
4. Tax gun and ammunition sales
5. Ease restrictions on "red flag" laws, making it easier to confiscate guns based solely on accusations
<Edit:>
6. Limit gun purchases to 1 per month
7. Prohibit anyone who has misdemeanor conviction of "hate" or "bias" from purchasing firearm
8. End the so called "Charleston loophole" which limits background check wait period to 3 days
9. Ban anyone with arrest warrant from purchasing ammo or guns
10. Ban online sales of ammo, firearms, kits, gun parts
11. Grants to states to setup gun registration and licensing requirements

In case anyone doubts the veracity of the list above, here is the direct link to his website: https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

<end edit>

See: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/01/bi...-cannot-beat-citizen-gun-lobby/#ixzz6jdVhWhjL

Please, stand together as gun owners and lobby your elected officials (and support some 2A lobby groups financially).

Edit 2: Removed today as date announced.

Last edited:
OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
How can it be stopped given the current circumstances?
1. Actively and persistently lobby your Representatives and Senators in Congress (phone calls, letters, emails).

Keep it civil and to the point. Many gun lobby groups will have "form letters" you can send. I'll use those sometimes but I will edit them to make them unique (and not so chain letter sounding).

2. If not already a member of a 2A lobby group, join.

3. Contribute $$$ to various 2A lobby groups

4. Pray (if you're so inclined)

Whisky

WKR
1. Actively and persistently lobby your Representatives and Senators in Congress (phone calls, letters, emails).

Keep it civil and to the point. Many gun lobby groups will have "form letters" you can send. I'll use those sometimes but I will edit them to make them unique (and not so chain letter sounding).

2. If not already a member of a 2A lobby group, join.

3. Contribute $$$ to various 2A lobby groups

4. Pray (if you're so inclined)

I don't feel I need to lobby my state representatives. They are all Republican and proven 2A supporters. The problem is both the House and Senate are now Dem controlled. Do you think in this political climate a few hunters can lobby their Dem reps to vote against the party?

I know, my attitude sounds negative. And it is, unfortunately.

sndmn11

WKR
If worst comes to worst hopefully our supreme court strikes these down before it becomes packed.
Analytically, I think there are two scenarios that will prompt an immediate violent revolution/uprising/whatever you want to call it; changing the number of supreme court justices, and arresting Trump. The good news about what happened last week is that nobody was shot other than protesters so that can't be used as gun control ammo, and it showed democrats that there is an opposition to them who isn't afraid to act.

Geewhiz

WKR
We are most certainly not if we stand up for our rights together. Contact your elected officials and let your voice be heard. This isn't about party lines, it's about freedom and our constitution.
Agreed, but its a daunting outlook nonetheless. Will contact elected officials today!

zacattack

WKR
So
Here is what Biden announced today that directly impact gun owners (2A) and hunting:

On his website, "Pres. Elect" Biden announced plan to:
1. Ban "assault weapons"
2. Ban "high capacity" magazines
3. Ban private transfers between friends and acquantances
4. Tax gun and ammunition sales
5. Ease restrictions on "red flag" laws, making it easier to confiscate guns based solely on accusations
<Edit:>
6. Limit gun purchases to 1 per month
7. Prohibit anyone who has misdemeanor conviction of "hate" or "bias" from purchasing firearm
8. End the so called "Charleston loophole" which limits background check wait period to 3 days
9. Ban anyone with arrest warrant from purchasing ammo or guns
10. Ban online sales of ammo, firearms, kits, gun parts
11. Grants to states to setup gun registration and licensing requirements

In case anyone doubts the veracity of the list above, here is the direct link to his website: https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

<end edit>

See: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/01/bi...-cannot-beat-citizen-gun-lobby/#ixzz6jdVhWhjL

Please, stand together as gun owners and lobby your elected officials (and support some 2A lobby groups financially).
So, basically an end to the 2A? Man not even gonna slow boil this loss of rights.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
I don't feel I need to lobby my state representatives. They are all Republican and proven 2A supporters. The problem is both the House and Senate are now Dem controlled. Do you think in this political climate a few hunters can lobby their Dem reps to vote against the party?

We have a saying in the military: "Complacency kills"

In this case, complacency will kill our 2A rights.

Be an ostrich at your own peril...I would encourage you to communicate with them just to offset the expected enormous amount of gun grabbers who will be communicating with them as well.

Last edited:
OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
We need our brothers in Montana to put the pressure on Sen Tester to support the second amendment. He might be one of the few democrats to side against gun legislation.
There will be enormous pressure on Tester within Congress to support the gun grab.

Definitely needs to be swamped with pro 2A emails, etc., to keep local pressure on him.

Laramie

WKR

"a few hunters" isn't quite accurate. This is not about hunting and close to 50% of the households in America have a firearm. Elected officials will care about 100 million people's opinion, regardless of their personal view. Make your voice heard and tell your friends to do the same.

Moserkr

WKR
Everyone always talked sh!t about CA and said at least it isnt happening here in ________. Well guess where that list came from? And what state already has all that as law right now?? You guessed it. Commiefornia. The election fraud and gun control measures have been tested here for years. Welcome to our misery. Death (“gun” control) by a thousand cuts.

Dont count on corrupt politicians or corrupt courts to fix the issues. Asking the government to fix the problems government creates is just lunacy. Dig in, you may be living “behind enemy lines” all across the US soon.

Johnboy

WKR
I just sent the following to senator Ron Johnson:

Dear Mr. Johnson,

Thank you for your continued efforts in protecting my Constitutional rights. One such right, endowed by my Creator, is to keep and bear arms. The Biden administration has promised to institute policy that is a direct offense against this right. It is my solemn hope and expectation that you, as my government representative, will fight every last measure to ensure that this important right is preserved. I have confidence that you will do so, and I'll be following you closely to monitor whether my continued support of your candidacy is merited.

Thanks for your consideration.

Respectfully,
John