Biden announces proposed gun control measures

Jaakobola

FNG
Here is what Biden has announced that directly impact gun owners (2A) and hunting:

On his website, "Pres. Elect" Biden announced plan to:
1. Ban "assault weapons"
2. Ban "high capacity" magazines
3. Ban private transfers between friends and acquantances
4. Tax gun and ammunition sales
5. Ease restrictions on "red flag" laws, making it easier to confiscate guns based solely on accusations
<Edit:>
6. Limit gun purchases to 1 per month
7. Prohibit anyone who has misdemeanor conviction of "hate" or "bias" from purchasing firearm
8. End the so called "Charleston loophole" which limits background check wait period to 3 days
9. Ban anyone with arrest warrant from purchasing ammo or guns
10. Ban online sales of ammo, firearms, kits, gun parts
11. Grants to states to setup gun registration and licensing requirements

In case anyone doubts the veracity of the list above, here is the direct link to his website: https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

<end edit>

See: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/01/bi...-cannot-beat-citizen-gun-lobby/#ixzz6jdVhWhjL

Please, stand together as gun owners and lobby your elected officials (and support some 2A lobby groups financially).

Edit 2: Removed today as date announced.
Those all seem to be reasonable changes.

I am a lifelong gun owner and hunter and don't see anything that will affect me. I will still be able to purchase more firearms. A large portion of taxes on ammunition goes to conservation. If people need a high capacity magazine for hunting - they need to do some target practice. Nobody is taking our guns.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR

I am a lifelong gun owner and hunter and don't see anything that will affect me. I will still be able to purchase more firearms. A large portion of taxes on ammunition goes to conservation. If people need a high capacity magazine for hunting - they need to do some target practice. Nobody is taking our guns.
Try reading the entire thread.

2A isn’t about hunting.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Pre-Civil War, the understanding was the Bill of Rights only applied to protections against the Federal government. States were free to regulate as they saw fit. Most didn't regulate "arms" because of their experience with British (and they mostly had their own version of 2A in their State Constitutions).

Post Civil War, along came the 14A and it's "equal protection of the laws" and "due process" clauses (among other things).

This amendment essentially began the application/holding of Bill of Rights to State and local governments.

In 2010, the 2A was finally and formally declared to be incorporated by the 14A against the States in McDonald v Chicago (follow up to Heller v DC).

Primary Holding
The Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment extends the Second Amendment’s right to keep and bear arms to the states, at least for traditional, lawful purposes such as self-defense.

Rourke__

FNG

I don’t see anything that affects me either. I do not fully agree with all of the propositions but I can understand why they want to put some of these measures in place. I don’t think they’re taking our guns either.

I completely understand, but the fact is if we can't convince enough suburban moms, it doesn't matter.

I always think of my grandmother when topics like this come up. She was the most logical, reasonable person I ever knew. Grew up poor on a farm in the TX panhandle in the 20's and 30's and raised 9 kids, again, on a farm. She didn't say much, but when she spoke you either listened or you were an idiot. LOL

I can just imagine what she'd have to say about this topic, and frankly, she wouldn't be wrong.

Good conversation fellas. I appreciate those who have stayed focus on the topic. Lots to think about.
If you wanna convince the suburban moms take them shooting...most folks are afraid due lack of knowledge...I have taken quite of few non gun owners/1st time shooters...I think all but one went and bought a gun afterwards.

cmahoney

WKR
Notice how it is "Newbies" that are suddenly posting "It's ok with me...they're not going to take my guns"?

How much are Soros and Bloomberg paying y'all?

:ROFLMAO:

I just looked at a few of those, joined this month. That makes me feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coryl

FNG
The scary part is that this is probably the first step in a series that will attack the intent of the 2nd amendment. Extremely concerning........ :(

If you wanna convince the suburban moms take them shooting...most folks are afraid due lack of knowledge...I have taken quite of few non gun owners/1st time shooters...I think all but one went and bought a gun afterwards.
I completely agree. One of the reasons I maintain a membership at our small gun club is because they have great facilities and clean bathrooms and it's never crowded. A perfect place to take new shooters. Especially women. I'm not sure how many new shooters that I've taken went and bought a gun, but I do know they left that range with a better appreciation for why people own and use firearms, and that they were a lot less "scared" of them at the end of the day. Just two weekends ago, my 20 yo daughter and I taught her best friend to shoot. She had never touched a gun in her life. She really enjoyed herself.

*zap*

WKR
It is not OK at all. The plan is for no civilian ownership of any firearms. Next mass shooter incident they out the already written ban legislations to a vote. If it passes, just say no.

"I don't see anything that will affect me"....

These few words sum up perfectly why this country is so screwed up... This is why societal abominations continue & we incrementally lose our freedoms.

Here's a typical conversation with someone having that mindset:

Restrict & take away gun rights? .. "I'm cool with that cause it looks scary"
slaughter 70 million unborn children? .. "doesn't affect me, I'm a dude"
round up the Jews in the '30's? "glad I'm not one"
Violate Constitutional election laws? ... "I don't care, my guy won"
Blatant political censorship by big tech?... "Good, he hurt my feelings"

but you mention banning Tik Tok? OMG the world's gonna end!!

Moserkr

WKR
Funny how the newbies pipe up to share their thoughts so conveniently. Controlled opposition, useful idiots. We are well aware of who these people are and they arent us.

The next false flag mass shooting will absolutely be used to force the NWO agenda down America’s throat. They cant keep us as subjects if we have the power to rise up against them. Considering their blatant corruption and level of treason, its a valid fear which you can smell on them.

People are extremely pissed off, yours truly from CA, being one of them. Did the dems think we would just roll over and take this?? That we would just forget and go back to work on their tax plantation? The great awakening is just beginning, and we dont need social media to make it happen. The darkest hours always come before the brightest light.

Our politicians, judges, and federal ABC agencies have trampled the fundamentals of the Constitution with complete disregard. They have set up a two tier justice system and used mass media as a brainwashing propaganda tool straight out of CCP and nazi playbooks. They also rigged our elections and have attacked our ways of communications - first act in a war is to sever enemy comms, second is to destabilize current system of gov in order to enact change (here now). It is beyond disgusting and completely intolerable. Our largest corporations are complicit too. To skirt due process they are setting up their opposition to be labeled as terrorists to top it off.

We are in a civil war and if you dont agree then you are still asleep. Better use what remaining free speech we have left before its too late, although I dont think there is much hope of “unity” considering their actions and words.

Fatcamp

WKR
The scary part is that this is probably the first step in a series that will attack the intent of the 2nd amendment. Extremely concerning........ :(

I listened to an interview on NPR a few years ago of one of the national gun control lobbyists. Head of a major organization who let the cracks show just a bit. Like most things from the left the whole story is left out but if you pay attention long enough you get a good idea of intentions.

This individual was very clear that "assault weapons" were where they felt they could make progress NOW, but that certainly wasn't their final goal. He went into detail about how handguns are the real culprit but they didn't feel that was in reach at that time. The intention is to take them all. To believe otherwise is nonsense.