Biden announces proposed gun control measures

*zap*

WKR
when the vote comes up the congresspeople will be thinking about being hunkered down in the capitol building as people roamed around freely and the capitol police failed in their duties.....

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Yea, anyone who's been a member less than 18 months is questionable at best. ;)
I've always been questionable...or at least a questioner...;)

Seriously though, if you don't believe there isn't an army of trolls (aka "influencers") that are bought and paid for by Bloomberg, et al, then you are a bit naive to the war that is raging.

In the military, we called it PsyOps.

It's actually one of the reasons I got off FB years ago...I couldn't believe how many people were susceptible to/influenced by obvious disinformation. It was maddening.

brocksw

WKR
Notice how it is "Newbies" that are suddenly posting "It's ok with me...they're not going to take my guns"?

How much are Soros and Bloomberg paying y'all?

:ROFLMAO:
Sounds to me like a perfect time to educate. I understand their complacency, how they could think that way. I stated something similar in a previous post, some are soft gun owners or have soft anti gun stances. It's the perfect example when they say "it doesn't affect me at all....so it can't be that bad." That's not limited to guns, people are like that with many things...local city commission decisions, other unrelated state and federal decisions. Sometimes it's good to think that way...helps you mind your own business. Sometimes the property tax decision made the year before you were a homeowner is a scenario where you regretfully wish you would've been paying more attention.

Complacency isn't a crime, just a condition of a busy life or being detached from something. But Bjorn, To me that's where your knowledge of history and 2a legal cases/precedents that have already been set, are invaluable. All passionate 2a supporters have that responsibility if they are qualified to engage in that conversation.

Last edited:

JonnyB

WKR
I've always been questionable...or at least a questioner...;)

Seriously though, if you don't believe there isn't an army of trolls (aka "influencers") that are bought and paid for by Bloomberg, et al, then you are a bit naive to the war that is raging.

In the military, we called it PsyOps.

It's actually one of the reasons I got off FB years ago...I couldn't believe how many people were susceptible to/influenced by obvious disinformation. It was maddening.

When I did the whole PSYOP route after getting tired of picking up the body parts of kids and playing operation (medic), I realized we, as an organization, were fantastic at what we did because the powers that be have been using it against our own citizens for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonnyB

WKR
"I don't see anything that will affect me"....

These few words sum up perfectly why this country is so screwed up... This is why societal abominations continue & we incrementally lose our freedoms.

Here's a typical conversation with someone having that mindset:

Restrict & take away gun rights? .. "I'm cool with that cause it looks scary"
slaughter 70 million unborn children? .. "doesn't affect me, I'm a dude"
round up the Jews in the '30's? "glad I'm not one"
Violate Constitutional election laws? ... "I don't care, my guy won"
Blatant political censorship by big tech?... "Good, he hurt my feelings"

but you mention banning Tik Tok? OMG the world's gonna end!!

Unfortunately, the ones that need to internalize this will brush it off as some exaggerated rambling. I mean, they’re only doing what social media tells them to anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
Adam Carolla has a good comparison about the NRA’s no-tolerance about legislation and I think it’s spot on. I’m not sure he’s a gun guy or pro NRA at all but he nailed the parallel and the reasoning behind it

Adam Carolla:

Comedian Adam Carolla is a bit of a Libertarian.

He recently appeared on the FOX News show “The Next Revolution” and explained why you shouldn’t listen to progressives.

He used the subject of smoking in restaurants as an analogy.
He has used this same example before on the Tucker Carlson show.

Here’s how it works:

CAROLLA: And I use an example, Dennis has heard it before. It’s sort of the NRA versus the no-smoking lobby. And I’ll quickly do the metaphor here. Which is, 40 years ago they said we don’t want smoking in restaurants and they said could you guys who are smoking in the main dining area, just move to a smoking section?

And everyone picked up their stake in their ashtrays and they moved over there. And then they came to those people again and they said, we don’t want you with the diners, could you move to the bar? And they all picked up their food and their ashtrays and they move to the bar and they smoked.

And then at a certain point they said could you stand out front and just smoke outside, and they said, well it’s cold, but we’ll do it. They stood out front and they went outside and smoked. And then they said, you’re too close to the front door could you move it down the street? And they went to a park. And they said no smoking at the park. The point is they won’t stop moving forward. There’s an agenda – the agenda is not get rid of the smoke in the restaurant, it’s stomp you out

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
@Huntinaz Great post ^^^^, with a great analogy

More stories on Doomberg efforts:

"nothing to see here...move along"

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Where do you find this "plan?" Is it available for all of us to see, or only "certain people?"
Actually, you have to look for it hard.

Snippets here and there...gun control/grabber activists speaking to "friendly" groups that occasionally gets leaked.

If they publicized their "action plan", it would tip their hand and we would be able to counter it (or mobilize against it).

It is rooted in gradualism, just as @Huntinaz posted earlier regarding the smoking ban.

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
Gradualism is the thing whether you want to admit it, whether politicians want to admit it, whether that’s the goal from the beginning or whether it’s just the natural progression of the method. The natural consequences of taking progressive action against a problem that can’t be solved (human violence) you are going to keep chipping away until the rights are gone. You can use almost every other democratic nation as an example. Crime is there, methods change. Preserving this right is important as it is all the rights we enjoy in this country

The people let the infringements build and their rights diminish and then before long you’re at the mercy of your government. Long as they stay good, everything is gravy, you can enjoy your Victory Gin allotment and live in your utopia. Then what if something happens? A new ideology forms and takes hold? Can’t happen in modern times?

How’s North Korea these days? Afghanistan? Iraq? Russia? Plenty of examples. Anybody wanna move there? There are people Alive today that experienced Nazi Germany. Kim Jong Un is starving his (HIS!) people and he isn’t doing it with nukes. It’s damn sure by force

This (recognition of how good we have it in America and care about keeping it that way) is not extremist rationalism, this is not radical nationalist thought, thinking about worse case scenarios that may happen way down the line by small first step events is not folly. It’s not different than stopping for gas before your gas light comes on

We are a long way from North Korea, no question. The risk of moving that direction increases with every restriction on your rights. Trying to inhibit the right of the individual to protect himself from violence, with violence returned, is an enormous safeguard to preventing these things

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Gun grabber "strategy" from 2013:

Strategy and Tactics

Their core strategy can be summed up as:

• Scare people with stories and images
  • Avoid facts and statistics except as follow-through to fear
  • Keep it simple
  • Divide by changing the message for key audiences

They don't like real facts and statistics, other than twisting them. They typically refuse to debate John Lott on TV, radio, streaming because he calls out their distortions.

Divide and conquer has been their approach for some time. The "hunting" community has historically not been very supportive of AR-15s.

"What do I care if ARs are banned...I don't use them". "ARs are not for hunting". "Sounds like common sense to me". Blah blah blah...

Even my local gun club was divided a few years ago as the "older" members were biased against AR-15s. Thankfully, that has since been rectified.

Most of the whitetail my kids and I have harvested were with AR-15 6.5 Grendel. I hunt with ARs and bolt guns.

Actually, you have to look for it hard.

Snippets here and there...gun control/grabber activists speaking to "friendly" groups that occasionally gets leaked.

If they publicized their "action plan", it would tip their hand and we would be able to counter it (or mobilize against it).

It is rooted in gradualism, just as @Huntinaz posted earlier regarding the smoking ban.
Oh, so it's not an actual plan then. It's implied by the conspiracy theorists. I thought that when he used the word plan, he meant plan. Got it.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Oh, so it's not an actual plan then. It's implied by the conspiracy theorists. I thought that when he used the word plan, he meant plan. Got it.
Are all plans published/advertised?

Are they all consistent between orgs?

I have a plan for a lot of things...you'll never find them published.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Riiiiiggght. But that's true for most conspiracy theories isn't it? That only "certain people" know the truth? ;)

Goodbye zap.
Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't coming for our guns...:unsure:

Reference the "playbook" a few posts above. If you believe the gun control groups aren't coordinating and spinning, I have some ocean front property in AZ to sell you.

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't coming for our guns...:unsure:

Reference the "playbook" a few posts above. If you believe the gun control groups aren't coordinating and spinning, I have some ocean front property in AZ to sell you.
Oh, I'm sure there are some on the fringes that want to come for your guns, just like there are some on the fringes that want a civil war, the extermination of jews and people of color, etc. But thinking there is a nut-job extremist behind every tree is the mark of a conspiracy theorist.

The "gun control groups" are plotting just like the pro-gun lobby is plotting. They both use the same scare tactics to raise money. Little else ever comes of it. But they are real good at milking money out of people who buy what they are selling.

Biden was the most moderate Dem in the entire primary, which is why he got the nomination and why he won the election. Because lots of folks were looking for some moderation after the last 4 years of chaos.

ORfish

Lil-Rokslider
Most "gun rights" are safe with the current conservative-packed Supreme Court upholding the Heller decision. The government does have the right to make some changes at the periphery, (and probably should) but the fundamental right to own arms for home defense will likely not be infringed. Much ado about nothing until there is a new majority in the Supreme Court.