Big Agnes AXL insualted

Johnksully

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried this pad? It is crazy light. Thinking about switching from my q core slx. It would save me a half pound.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s on the cold side .. I’d consider it a 30 degree ... it’s super comfy , durability is so so. Mine leaked randomly at valve in Alaska . Although honestly , I’m not an air pad fan so take my stuff with a grain of salt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it and no issues. I have used down to low 20s and with a 20 degree quilt and was warm. I do have the long/wide. I have only had it for one season and two hunts so can’t say how long it will last but so far no leaks.

TravisIN

WKR
Long and wide ones on eBay for 89 right now.

Anybody else with field experience on this pad? There were a number of bad reviews, but you know how people like to bitch on the internet.

I have it and no issues. I have used down to low 20s and with a 20 degree quilt and was warm. I do have the long/wide. I have only had it for one season and two hunts so can’t say how long it will last but so far no leaks.

Have you used it since?

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked one up at the REI sale for 75% off.

it’s crazy small but I haven’t even blown it up yet.

Yeah I got mine at the REI sale too. I Inflated it and put it in a big Agnes bag. Very roomy and supportive. I’ll spend some time on it at home before I take it out in the field. Seems like there’s a lot of stories about leaks.

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I got mine at the REI sale too. I Inflated it and put it in a big Agnes bag. Very roomy and supportive. I’ll spend some time on it at home before I take it out in the field. Seems like there’s a lot of stories about leaks.

do you run one of the Big Agnes bag with the pad sleeve? How do you like it? I was looking at a Blackburn 0° down bag, but heard it slept cold (like the pad)

For years I used the big Agnes 15° bag with the slide in pad, no bottom in the Bag. Very very comfortable to sleep in because you can roll over without taking the bag with you. The 15° bag is a little cool to sleep in if the temperature actually gets to 15°. Mummy bags give me claustrophobia. This year I bought the bigger pad 25 x 78, and a 0° bag to go with it. It’s a little heavy for backpacking, but I’m horse packing so I don’t care. I’ll keep the 15° bag for backpacking. On cold nights I just supplement by wearing a midweight base layer to bed.