Big agnes insulated Q-core

I was at REI looking at sleeping pads and tried a bunch I really liked the Big Agnes Insulated Q-core it was a little heavier at 27 oz but so comfortable, I figured a good nights sleep would be worth the 6oz over the thermarests I tried. I liked it as much as the exped but can get a killer deal on the BA. Are there any opinions on this sleeping pad?

OP
pyroducksx3
Is there nobody with any expierence with these? Are they just too heavy that people aren't using these or is it something else?

Last edited:
I tried one out at REI and also thought it was comfortable. However, I also thought my REI lite is comfortable and it is lighter so I haven't switched.

JG358

WKR
Looks like a good pad(I know lots of guys that use BA pads and love them).....If you can get a good deal and dont mind the extra weigh.
The BA is 7oz heavier than a Exped Downmat UL7 and has a lower R-value. I'm not really an ounce counter but I'd rather pay a bit more and get a warmer pad that weighs less.

OP
pyroducksx3
yeah I can get it for half of what the exped UL7 synmat cost but looking at the UL7 specs the BA Q-core is almost 10 oz heavier, oh decisions

Last edited:
OP
pyroducksx3
Yeah thats the direction Im headed I think, it is very very comfortable. I actually liked it better than the exped because it doesnt have the "ribs" or bars on the mat but both are pretty close in comfort, weight not a factor the BA Q-core was the most comfortable to me.

jags

FNG
I picked one up this winter but have yet to use it. After last year with just the little closed cell blue pad I'll carry the wt. for a good nites sleep!