Big Agnes Lost Dog 15

Wapiti23

FNG
Hi all, I am looking for a sleeping bag for my upcoming deer hunt and am considering the BA Lost Dog 15. I am curious if any of you have used this product and what you think of it. I am a hot sleeper and was wondering if this bag would work okay if the temps dropped into the 20's? I will have any insulated sleeping pad with this item as well. Any information would be great!

Apollo117

WKR
I've never used a BA bag but other forum members regularly post about BA bags not being true to their rating.

That said, if you want to be comfortable at 20 degrees, pick a bag rated around 15 degrees lower.

Based on what I read, the consensus is only Feathered Friends and Western Mountaineering are true to their temp ratings.

Mudd Foot

WKR
If you search, you’ll find I wrote a quick review of the BA Lost Dog 15 upon my return from Colorado. It’s a great bag, particularly when paired with the QLX pad. That said, I would second looking at the zero degree due to the variables you will likely encounter. The 15 worked well down to 25, but if I were likely to experience colder temps, I would go with the zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Wapiti23

Wapiti23

FNG
Ok thank you very much. For this particular trip it would be for the odd night I might have to spend from the truck in case I need to sleep on a buck. If the temps are too low then I’ll just have to leave the truck and hr early is all.