Big Agnes sleeping bag

MNGaryB

FNG
Does anyone have experience with this brand bag? They advertise Down Tek insulation technology.... maybe a type of semi synthetic? I appreciate any input

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
Big Agnes is a well known company and Down Tek is a type of down that's been treated to be more water resistant. I've never owned a BA bag, but I've heard their temp ratings are optimistic.

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
I own a version of the Down Tek bag. I opted for a 30 degree bag, and would agree that rating may be optimistic. My Kuiu puffy pants saved the day on a night probably in the 30's. Just Sayin'...

shanny28757

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 5 degree BA downtek bag (mcalpin I think). Never had any issues with the bag. Took it to Prince of Wales a few years ago and it rained for 8 straight days and the bag didn’t lose loft. I never used it near the temperature rating so I’m not sure if it’s over exaggerated or not. Overall quality seems good.

rlmmarine

WKR
I have two of the park series bags and love them both. I love the fact they have a pocket for my pad underneath. And a pocket for my pillow. They have zippers on both sides and don't have unnecessary padding on the bottom. I sleep as good in them as I due at home. I give them a two thumbs up

Catahoula

WKR
I have the BA Summit Park 15 bag. Love the bag, second season now. It’s a slightly larger bag than say a true mummy bag. Gives me a little extra room. It has the Down-Tek in it.

FLAK

WKR
I have a Hog Park 20'. Keeps me warm/hot below 20'.
Def. NOT a backpack bag @ 5lbs. Good bag, just 2 much for me.
This year I'm carrying two blankys at half that weight and should
be much more versatile in temp regulating.

I have a Deerpark 30 with a 2 track pad and have no trouble with temps in the high teens. It dries fast and is plenty comfortable. There is a small size/weight penalty for the 2 track pad but definitely worth it.

I haven’t used it for 2 years and would be willing to part with it if anyone's interested