Big Agnes Zirkel UL or Marmot Hydrogen

OR Archer

WKR
I've been looking at these two bags. I'm limiting my choices between Marmot and BA just for the simple fact I can get them at a smoking price. So any feedback on these two models would be greatly appreciated. If there are other 15* down bags in either the Marmot or BA line up that you might suggest I'm all ears. Thanks.

Never used a BA bag but my Marmot down bag has been solid for 5 years running. Has lost a little bit of loft but thats because its spent more time than needed under construction.

I know, not much help but Marmot does have a solid rep with down bags.

Mike

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
Im really liking the Marmot Helium I got two seaons ago. Very light and compresses down pretty small.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Zirkel SL, and it is my favorite bag. It has been true to temp for me.

Still, haven't heard many complaints on Marmot bags either.

dbaker

Lil-Rokslider
I use the zirkel sl long and love it. it sleeps true to temp for as well. i'm a side sleeper and i have never had any issue with the integrated pad sleeve. i've never used the marmot bags but i'm sure there good too. The zirkel is priced well as i got mine for under 300.

bandit1

FNG
I have a Marmot helium eq. It weighs a little over 2 lbs, compresses small, and is very roomy. I'm a side sleeper and like the extra width of the bag for flopping around from side to side.

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
I figured I couldn't go wrong with either but it never hurts to ask. Hows the compression on the BA Zirkel?