Big Agness insulated air core

bobhunts

WKR
Has anyone had a problem with there pad? I had one that I bought and used for one season and the following year I took it with me and could not get the valve to shut after inflating it? REI took it back and gave me a new one but I'm left wondering what happened?Bob.

7mag.

WKR
I've only had mine for one season, but so far, so good. It's much better than the closed cell foam pad I was using before.

Jon Boy

WKR
I had the same problem and happened after only a few uses. Dam near froze on a back country hunt during rifle season last year because it went flat on me. I sent it in to big agnes and they replaced the valve with a more heavy duty brass one for free. Excellent customer service and very easy to work with. She works fine now.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have heard this is kind of a common problem with them, Mine is still holding up great after a season though.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had the same problem and happened after only a few uses. Dam near froze on a back country hunt during rifle season last year because it went flat on me. I sent it in to big agnes and they replaced the valve with a more heavy duty brass one for free. Excellent customer service and very easy to work with. She works fine now.

We have had a similar experience with the BA valves leaking over time. I have to wonder if it has something to do with moisture freezing, as we only use the big Agnes pads in freezing temps (we use NeoAir the rest of the time). Have nothing but good things to say about their return policy and customer service, they have been great about replacement...just doesn't help much when you are in the middle of nowhere stuck with a flatiator :)