Big angus Blackburn 0?

Cdpp880

WKR
Looking at getting a new bag that will comfortably get me down to 15-10 degrees without having to where my puffy’s. I like the idea of the BA system, as I regularly roll off my pad. I also like the generous measurements for being able to move around. Anyone that have one of these can give me info in actual temp rating and if they actually are roomy.

cocky84

WKR
I dont have blackburn but do have storm king. Same bag except blackburn has 850 down vs the storm kings 650.
I love the comfort of the bag the way the pad fits into the sleeve. However i would add at least 20 degrees to the zero degree rating.
ive been using this bag about 9 years now.
ive kept an eye out for a used blackburn for cheap.
however ive never found a deal on one and if paying full retail price i think there are better options.

Clarence

WKR
Storm King user as well. Had it down to 10° with no issue, but I tend to sleep warm for what it's worth. Also have the 30° version of the Blackburn. Forget what they call it, but that has been good so far, but only have 5 or six nights in that one. I like the fit of my Agnes bags, and have been able to pick them up at some pretty deep discounts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Blackburn 0 and my hunting partner has the Storm King 0. We both love the roominess of the system for side sleepers and guys that toss and turn. I agree with the above though, BA ratings are over rated by 15 degrees. I have an insulated air core and he has the insulated dual core pad. His pad is warmer but BA doesn't make either anymore. I'm considering a warmer pad of a different brand to get me closer to the zero rating. The newest Blackburns have stretch material for the pad sleeve and will accept other size pads much better.

OP
C

Cdpp880

WKR
I use an exped synmat ul winter as my pad so it’s plenty warm for wherever I’m going to be camping in. I am a warmer sleeper, not super warm but not a cold sleeper. Would you say I could take it down to 10 degrees wearing Marino base layers and a pair of thick wool socks?

I have one and I am very happy with it (I am a cold sleeper). Used it with a thermarest xtherm last year, had a lot single digit temps with wind chills well below 0.. Got it wet a couple times as well and it dried out nice.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Both of those pads just mentioned are in the 6.9 to 7.1 R value range, i believe. That is key. I consider myself average to warm sleeper. I had to put a fleece over my merino base and wrap my puffy around my feet once at 10 degrees. Legs had UA cold gear base on. But my BA insulated air core is rated only to like 3.7 or so. The better your pad is, the better this system will be. There is no down on the bottom side of the bag for about a 12" strip or so.

Bearsears

WKR
I have a blackburn and use it with a synmat 7 and a ridge rest foam pad. I can get to about 15 before I want to put on my puffy layers with it. But with my puffy layers on I sleep well to around 0

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk