Big Bino help needed, 15x? 18x?

I have a ridge a long ways off I glass during moose season. I am wanting a pair of big zoom binos. These don't ever need to leave basecamp, so can be huge and heavy. I just want alpha quality viewing in a 15-20x zoom format.

The ridge is far enough away it is hard to scan with 8x or 10x binos. We end up scanning with a spotting scope, but that gets tiring. I think high zoom binos are the ticket.

Do you have big zoom binos? What do you like and why? Lots of reviews out there for 8x or 10x, but not much for the bigger glass.

I wouldn't mind a large porro either.

Swarovski 15x the best of the big glass? 16x70 Fujinon FMTs? Vortex 18x? APMs?

Markwondi

FNG
I have the Swaro 15’s and are optically the best I have ever used. I have also tried the Zeiss Conquest HD 15’s and while they are good for the price point, the Swaro’s blow them away.

I think the Swaro’s are the optimal fit for glass quality and FOV.

OP
AKBullshooter
I have the Swaro 15’s and are optically the best I have ever used. I have also tried the Zeiss Conquest HD 15’s and while they are good for the price point, the Swaro’s blow them away.

I think the Swaro’s are the optimal fit for glass quality and FOV.
Thank you. I appreciate it

Blue72

WKR
Not hunting related

but you can just make out the ring around the planet Saturn with 18x binoculars on a good night with no humidity

ahansel

FNG
Not hunting related

but you can just make out the ring around the planet Saturn with 18x binoculars on a good night with no humidity
Which 18xs were able to do this? Razor UHD 18xs or the Maven 18xs?

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
I have no experience with 18X, but for my eyes Swarovski and Meopta are the alpha 15's. I have owned both. If weight and cost is not a consideration you might consider a Swaro BTX or Kowa Highlander.

Last edited: