Big Day in Virginia.....

ODB

WKR
5671DDB0-6D8B-4006-ABE8-6A5CABA391D0.jpeg
the white-topped tents are the metal detectors to get on to the capitol grounds. A LOT of people are lined up...

ODB

WKR
Just ran outside to chat with about a dozen people leaving the rally. Said they have not encountered any anti-gun or otherwise protesters. All very happy so far it’s been a quiet day. They might be there somewhere, but doesn’t sound like it’s a big number.

more later...

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
It was a live feed of what was going on there.....someone walking around and talking to folks.

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
Just ran outside to chat with about a dozen people leaving the rally. Said they have not encountered any anti-gun or otherwise protesters. All very happy so far it’s been a quiet day. They might be there somewhere, but doesn’t sound like it’s a big number.

more later...

My understanding is that gun control advocates are intentionally staying away from Lobby Day this year, ostensibly to avoid undesirable confrontations.

ODB

WKR
My understanding is that gun control advocates are intentionally staying away from Lobby Day this year, ostensibly to avoid undesirable confrontations.

That’s probably smart on their part. This thing is 100% pro 2A...

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider
Today is the official Lobby Day, where all citizens and groups are invited to come speak to the lawmakers. Professional paid lobbyists aren't welcome on Lobby Day. I think Lobby Day typically lands on MLK day every year.

Keep in mind that Lobby Day is for all sorts of citizens to lobby for their cause and that it's not just for 2A supporters. There is no doubt that there have never been as many citizens lobbying Virginia's lawmakers as we're seeing today.
Yes. MLK day is one of the few holidays during the Va legislative session, that most people have the day off. Sadly, I did not☹️

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
Several local county sheriffs and deputies from southwest VA are supporting. All saying that any law passed will not be enforced by their departments. Unfortunately, I had a job interview today and could not make it. Regardless, of what laws are passed the democrats have handed the state legislator back to the republicans I feel. From what friends have told me there are tens of thousands of people there.

1579549325571.png

brsnow

WKR
FYi - saw an estimate of 25,000 people. That feels about right. Well done 2A supporters. Now, don’t lose steam during the next elections.

I think a few hundred thousand more and you can get a recall vote

OXN939

WKR
Second BaxterB's assessment of things today. Everyone was extremely polite, well behaved, and focused on conveying the point of peaceful protest. The cops I talked to said it was the easiest event they had ever worked- people were offering regularly to go get them water, snacks etc if they wanted. They even thanked me and a group for attending and supporting the cause. One of my buddies from school is state police, and said most of them would have been there anyway, uniform or not. Will get some pics up later. I definitely think a powerful message was effectively conveyed.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I definitely think a powerful message was effectively conveyed.

The problem though is that the Dems are tone-deaf to hearing any Constitutional or conservative messages. But hopefully it will stir up the voting public and you all can make a difference this Fall.

Reactions: ODB