Big Game Forever & Sportsman For Wildlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

dotman

WKR
Well I don't have as much money as you Lee so i'm only a member of RMEF, CBA and KBA. Please do not say you are an avg sportsman, you have been very blessed to go on many hunts that 99% of us that live in the lower 48 can only dream about. Now you show support of groups that reduce my chances at ops in the lower 48.

It would be great to see auction type tags be handled completely by the state F&G and put all proceeds back into the state ops and not into consultants hands.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
I see neither of you mentioned being a member of NRA! I have no idea where bearguide has hunted, but if he's hunted a lot of places where most of us can only dream about it's no wonder he belongs to and has a problem with us making negative comments about SFW/BGF.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
I am a member of the NRA but I can't take credit for it, thank you tarus. I have a limited budget and try to give the local groups support and then rmef is my national group. Wish I could do more.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
I see neither of you mentioned being a member of NRA! I have no idea where bearguide has hunted, but if he's hunted a lot of places where most of us can only dream about it's no wonder he belongs to and has a problem with us making negative comments about SFW/BGF.

His wife is Rebecca Francis, just watch some of their videos, they have been on some amazing hunts and I think it is great that they have been fortunate enough to experience what they have.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Never heard of her, but looked her up on the net and I'm quite impressed. Very pretty, intelligent, and quite the outdoorsperson! How she can do all that she does along with 8 kids and still wants to finish dental school is absolutely amazing. bearguide appears to be a lucky guy running into and "catching" her!!! I'll have to look at some videos or her show on Versus when I have time.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Check out her brown bear hunt on the rokslide videos page, really cool.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Just watched it and I'm speechless. 25 yards out in the wide open from that bear with only a bow! I would have been up there shooting with the gun from where she left her husband, LOL! What a gal!!!

Last edited:

Zim

FNG
Sfw

I hope this site isn't polluted by SFW employees or outfitters standing to bank a lot of cash with the SFW "model". I am just chiming in for the first time.

B

bearguide

sorry i am also a life member of nra, forgot to mention that one

B

bearguide

ya i spend my money on hunting, but i drive an old 75,and 96 chevy pu. i do not have all the top gear. i put my money in to hunting. that is my first love. i guide for nothing so i can trade for hunts. i grew up on hunting with no money, hunting with my family, and on my own. i make my own muzzleloaders,and long bow. i do not have all the toys i need yet, that is why i am on the form looking for ideas from the experts ( you guys )--- i just do not like to run others down. i do not see anything productive in that line so i guess i will go play in another line of the form

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Lee, do not take any disrespect, I know you and Rebecca worked hard and that work has paid off with many opportunities. I don't think this thread has been directed towards any individuals but more a model that we do not all agree with. I tend to stand up for what I believe and speak out on those I do not agree with but that is just my opinion. I do respect you and I hopt to have many many more years to experience what you have. We are all here to learn, even if in that learning process we do not always agree.

B

bearguide

i respect your opinion,and i think that discussion is good to keep everyone in line, in every organization /i wish every one had good motivation for good causes. no offense taken here

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Lee, I like your philosophy on saving money for the hunts by sparing in other areas. I am in much the same boat.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
I'm with you guys on what you're saying and pretty much would say "ditto" to what dotman stated. I retired 10 years ago and will be 65 in August. I still cut a couple yards besides my own and also blow snow in the winter, all to save up the extra money I need to hunt as much as possible so I don't hurt the wife's budget process, LOL! I was on the road for 11 straight weeks last Fall helping a friend on elk and deer hunts in AZ and NM, spent 5 weeks in Wyoming hunting deer, antelope, and elk, and then took a week hunting pheasants with my DD pointer in ND before getting home to MI for the last week of our deer season here. I guess I would have to say that hunting is my obsession like the Mossy Oak commercial and anything I think that's going to harm it gets my undivided attention! Peace guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.