Big Horns

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok all of you summer backpackers. I live about 3 hours away from the beginning of southern edge of the Big Horns. I'm getting into backpacking and would like there to be my next stop. I was wondering where some of you like to go over in that area for a nice weekend trip. I enjoy fishing also. Any info is appreciated. Thank you all in advance!!

jags

FNG
The Cloud Peak Wilderness Area has a number of nice backpacking trails and lakes for fishing. Spend most of my time in the Northern half though.

I have spent a fair amount of time in the Cloud peaks elk hunting, beautiful country and some cool fishing spots. Unit 45 is were I was at. Virgina creek has some excellent flyfishing, with awesome pools and runs threw vast meadows!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://dorfworld.net/backcountry/backpack_2008/big_bear.html

That's a trip report from a friend of mine. I've never been, but he generally picks the best areas for his trips, so it's likely worth a look. You should check out the beartooths in MT as well if you're only 3 hours from the bighorns.

This link is awesome. I believe this is where I will be trying to plan my trip, looks like awesome country! Thanks so much for the replys guys.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04