Big Island hog hunt

krolelov

FNG
I'm heading to Big Island this Sunday and plan to hunt quite a bit. I've been there many times and bagged some sheep and goats. But never a pig.

I will be staying in Waikoloa village and planning to hunt pigs in Unit B on the NW or SW of the island. From scouring onx and google maps I came to conclusion that they are land locked with no legal access without trespassing the private grounds. Am I correct or am I overlooking l a legal way in? Should I be looking at the east side of the island for better access?

I found some pig sign in Unit A. But never saw a pig there. A local I met there told me he would never hunt pigs in Unit A because they taste worse than the ones that live in the jungle. Would you agree?

I'm looking for help mostly with the access. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I am not after any specific locations. Please PM me unless you provide very general information.

I’d also consider a local guide for a dogs and knife hunt if reasonably priced. A day hunt for $1000+ is way out of my budget. If you anyone I can connect with, please share their contacts.

I appreciate your feedback.