Big shout out

Beastmode

WKR
I would like to give a big thanks to all the info on this forum and to a few people specifically. Jeff (Broz) has talked with me personally on the phone helping me with me semi custom build earlier this year. Dan (westdan) has answered many phone calls throughout the offseason about precision reloading and other long range techniques. Last but not least Travis at Rbros rifles for such great attention to detail and customer service. This guy really is an awesome builder that I highly recommend to anyone looking for an excellent rifle.

At the end of last year I went whitetail hunting in northern Idaho. I had an incredible buck in the 160 class at about 900 yards feeding broadside. With my setup at the time it was too far to shoot. By the time I got within 400 yards he was gone. I told myself I needed something to shoot that far so I wouldn't miss an opportunity like this again. I called Jeff and Travis and both of them recommended a 300 WM. I couldn't afford a full custom rifle so I went a little different route. I bought a Remington 700 long range and immediately shipped it to Travis. He bedded the action, put a jewell trigger on it, a defensive edge brake, rail and nightforce Atacr scope on it.
3ed7458f94ccefc7dfc5de2ce003351c.jpg

With some help from Broz and Dan I soon had a load worked up for it with h1000, Norma brass and the 215 hybrid.
b2d05752bc0faf6856b578adbdf2e084.jpg

I had an elk trip planned for an OTC unit in Idaho this year and decided on bringing my new toy. Opening day I had this guy step out of the timber at 756 yards and with a few motions in my much practiced shooting sequence I sent it. Couldn't be happier and appreciate all the help from the people mentioned above and all the others. Longest kill to date.
ecc08cc47552ac0038fe102c39dd82b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
Nice job. Yeah Jeff helped me a ton with my 300 wm setup and 215 Hybrids. How far did the elk travel or was he DRT?

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
Glad all your hard work paid off and you got it done. Congrats again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk