Big tough country, big hogs, big smiles!!!

trkyslr

WKR
IMG_3252.jpg

This last weekend I hunted Tejon in So-Cal with some buddies. The mountains are steep, rough, and bigger then I imagined. This is not normal pig conditions. I felt like I was chasing elk and when you see pigs you get to them fast because it seams like theyre always moving. Sprints up these mountains can test your condition for sure. Day 2, I hiked hard after a boar that topped out the mountain and long story short after tracking him in the snow 1.5 miles to his bed I didnt get an arrow off. It was pretty wild how the west facing slope had a foot of snow and the east facing slopes had little to no snow.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've did some work over there and it is beautiful country. I'd be interested in the contact info if you will pm me thanks. Would make a another trip over there more enjoyable

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
IMG_3254.jpg
I then worked down an eastern facing slope and found a heard of hogs turning the hillside into a construction zone. I stalked into 30 yards of the biggest hog and....

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
IMG_3258.jpg

after blood trailing my hog for about twenty yards his route led him to step over this elk shed..... pretty bitcheon imo

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
IMG_3264.jpg
a few more yards and my pig was down. i then elected to drag him hole down to the bottom, which i wont do again butit made for some great pics.

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
IMG_3292.jpg
once at the bottom i met up with Joe (Joehunter) who earlier killed a great boar and we took out hero shots...

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
IMG_3267.jpgIMG_3289.jpg
heres joe with his great boar and a double pic. aer pics i still had another tag to fill. walking a canyon bottom, nate (sdhntr) spotted a boar up on a hill and I was closing the distance. The boar turned towards me and was walking straight at me. He got to 15 yards away and he turned broadside.....

Jager

WKR
Great looking porkers, Joe, yours is very European in appearance, and I thought Cal was all surf and beaches.

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
IMG_3312.jpg
tag 2 filled with a great boar! this one was deboned ;-) thanks nate!

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
It was a great trip and now ive got plenty of bacon to wrap around my backstraps! There were several other kills including Nates on the trip d everyone had opportunits. Tejon is truely magical place to spot and stalk wild hogs in rugged country all fair chase. i will be back!