Big woods bucks

Gheft

FNG
To all my big woods hunting brothers, I got this buck on camera last year and a mid 150s 10 point, now I'm getting pics of him again, I'm gonna head down there this next week and try to kill him before our rut here in Arkansas is in full swing, any tips or tactics that y'all would use to bring him in, would you rattle, grunt, use scents, none of the above or a mixture? He's in 12000 acres of big woods, very steep and around 800' elevation change from ridge top to creek bottom, no clear cuts, hasn't been logged in 75 years, just mature timer that stretches for miles, I have a good idea of where he's spending quite a bit of time though, there's a pretty good saddle right there close I'm thinking of sitting in hoping he comes through, anything else I should be doing?DSCF0641.jpgDSCF0642.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
A deer of that maturity level will no walk through that saddle he will be on the sides of it. Possibly below the whole thing. Like where the red line is. He will not use heavily worn trails. There will be a faint one possibly parallel to it. The best advice I can give is this. If someone wanted to find you. Where would be the best place. We don’t always eat the same place or run the same errands every day. We do sleep or spend allot of time at home. Find his bedroom and you will up your odds. Look up any podcast with Nathan KIllen. He is a big mountain buck killer out of SW Virginia. Hunts national forest and kills big deer.

edit. Also make it a point to sit that multiple consecutive times. His loop may be three days or five days or 7 days.

Attachments

• 953667BB-FA27-40D8-B0B5-B793B8BE5722.jpeg
    953667BB-FA27-40D8-B0B5-B793B8BE5722.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 30
Last edited: