Bigfoot Bushcraft Fire Starters

treillw

WKR
Just came across these and they look pretty good and reasonably priced. Anybody have experience with them?

Thanks!

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I found a 15% off coupon code as well. Ordered 200. If they suck, they are 100% guaranteed and free return shipping. I figured what the heck. Was like $34 for 200.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Just got mine in the mail. Came very quick. I ordered them Friday. Watching my first one burn now. Tried lighting it with the ferro rod without tearing it in half like your supposed to. It wouldn't light, but I'm not surprised. I was trying to do that to see if they burn longer if you don't tear them in half. I really want them for the hot tent stove and probably will light them with a lighter most of the time.

Then I tore it in half and tried again. It lit right up on the first try. I just bought my first ferro rod and this was my first time using one. Kinda amazed. It burned for right near their advertised 5 minutes, out on its own blowing in the wind.

Definitely going to throw 2 or 3 in my backpack for a rainy day.

They smell like candy. Griz bait inside the tent is the only downside I see.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
The ferro rod I got is a pyro putty mini one. It has a little storage compartment in it for pyro putty. Figured I'd give that a try, since that is what I'll fill it with. I probably had to try 12 times to get the pyro putty to light up. It got at least 4 direct spark hits and didn't ignite. One time it partially lit and then went out. To be fair, the piece of pyro putty piece I had wasn't as big as the bigfoot. Nevertheless, I know which one I'm going to be leaning towards in the future.

Or.hunter

WKR
Just bought some and they showed up yesterday/Figured it would be easy for my kiddo to use in our wood stove instead of paper all the time. They worked like a champ! Gonna try them on a hunt late November and I’ll report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32Johnson

FNG
New member here, just wanted to drop thanks for the coupon code and review. Just got the kit myself. You guys have an awesome community here. I can't stop digging through all the gear talk! Thanks again.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Made two fires in the Titanium stove with them this past week. Worked like a champ. The wood was dry the one time and it rained/snowed before making the second fire. Both times it lit up no problem. Just packed the stove with small sticks and threw one under it.