biggest bucks in colorado

djs

FNG
I have 21 pts. for antelope in colorado and cannot decide what unit to use them for. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks.

21 points.....wow. You can go anywhere you want, of course. Have always heard unit 1/201/2 were the better units but I believe the biggest 2 years ago was shot down by Trinidad. I went in unit 3 two years ago and saw 100 bucks in 2 days scouting. Go to the Traditional archery picture thread and you can see the one I got. luck

MattEastman

Lil-Rokslider
To add to Ricks comment, I did see a pig of a goat last year in unit 2. I will try to post a pic tomorrow for you. If you do decide to go with that unit, I will help out as much as i can. If he made it another year, I can only image what he will look like this year!

Wow 21 pts in alot!! Historically Northwest part of the state has usually produced nice pronghorns. Southern Colordao produces some big uns too thou. heck just about everywhere has the potential to produce one. I have seen some absolute pigs in otc units. I have seem some big ones in the san luis valley near alamosa

Justin...I have heard the best out of 2 myself as well as far as consistency. One of the girls that works with my wife grew up in Unit 2 and she is always seeing good animals up around her folks' place. I just need to find A PLACE myself in an OTC area close.

Dad had a tag in unit 2/201 last year. I spent alot of time up in that country and can help you out.. Majority of the animals are in unit 201 along the wyoming bored.

whitingja

WKR
Area 3,301 are great. North of Baggs. A lot of goats. I had tons of good stalks, but never closed the deal. I got too picky.

bobhunts

WKR
I too am wondering where to spend them when I have enough to do it. I'm no where close to 21 pp's. I know some guys that have hunted the Villa Grove area and saw some nice ones. I have seen some nice ones north of La Veta on the north side of the highway but all private and maybe a guided tag would work I don't know. I basically am saving for the north west corner of the state and have heard that they where beaten up by the winter last year. Who knows? They are pretty weird animals when the state drops feed in the Gunnison valley and they don't come in to eat when the snow is very deep. Good luck!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildmeadows