Biggest Roosevelt Bull YOU have killed...

Slim9300, yes I posted a story and recap on huntwa when I killed it. It was also just featured in the First issue of Elkhunter Magazine a couple months ago!

OP
slim9300

slim9300

WKR
are 300" Rosies a rare feat?

I would say that a 300" "true" Roosevelt is more unlikely or difficult than killing a 380"+ Rocky Mountain Bull. I have seen three Rocky Mountain bulls over or close to 380" in the last 7 years in NM and MT. I have never seen a 300" Roosevelt on legally huntable ground and I have seen a few hundred of them in my lifetime. There is a game preserve in SW WA where you an go and see a few 300"+ Roosevelts and they are like nothing most elk hunters have ever seen. Here is an example of what they can look like when they are mature. The only place where you can pay to hunt them where they look like this is Vancouver Island but even then I think there is 20+ years of waiting for a resident tag.

url

Last edited:

littlebuf

Banned
Pretty much, They are out there but far and few between where I live. They make P&Y at 225.

it really depends on where your at.i hunt a area where there's quite a few bulls over 300.its draw only to hunt elk but if i ever draw that tag i will be holding out for a 350 plus Rosie.ive seen them up in the 370 range and know of one that came out of there at 396.it really comes down to management

Xtorminator

Lil-Rokslider
it really depends on where your at.i hunt a area where there's quite a few bulls over 300.its draw only to hunt elk but if i ever draw that tag i will be holding out for a 350 plus Rosie.ive seen them up in the 370 range and know of one that came out of there at 396.it really comes down to management

It does depend on were you hunt. I hunt SW WA and NW OR OTC. Any draw area worth its salt should have the cream of the crop, just like the refuge bulls that used to be down here. Give the animals time and they will all grow.

littlebuf

Banned
not mine,a buddy's dad got this one mid 90's.biggest rosie ive ever seen,went 396 if i remember correctly

Attachments

• bull.jpg
    bull.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 41

MJ from Oregon

Lil-Rokslider
This bull was taken in the 90's, 4 miles on the wrong side of the line to be a B&C Roosevelt. My best Western Oregon bull.
57.jpg

317'' gross and 311'' net

R

rebecca francis

Great pics! I've never had the opportunity to hunt them, but wow! They look fun!