Bighorn Mountains & People?

Coldtrail

WKR
I'm looking into a familiy camping/hiking vacation and wondering if the crowd around the southern end of the Bighorns ever thins out? Looking to schedule in the gap between Labor day and October hunting openers. Been through there in the summer and was pretty nuts, just wondering if it stays that way after the summer rush, any info appreciated.

manitou1

WKR
As soon as the summer crowds subsides hunters replace them. Something else I noticed the past few years is that tourists never really stop in late summer. They slow down, but they still keep coming!
The only real break we get is now... Jan-Apr

OP
C

Coldtrail

WKR
As soon as the summer crowds subsides hunters replace them. Something else I noticed the past few years is that tourists never really stop in late summer. They slow down, but they still keep coming!
The only real break we get is now... Jan-Apr

Thanks, I wasn't overly optimistic, but one of those places that I have been through and never had time to stop and get off the road a bit. I don't mind hunters being around, but I really have to work to resist the urge to throw handfuls of gravel at every UTV I see kicking up dust with the radio blaring. Kind of the same all over, 12 month tourist season these days.

I'm looking into a familiy camping/hiking vacation and wondering if the crowd around the southern end of the Bighorns ever thins out? Looking to schedule in the gap between Labor day and October hunting openers. Been through there in the summer and was pretty nuts, just wondering if it stays that way after the summer rush, any info appreciated.
What do you consider the "southern end of the Bighorns"?

ClearCreek

OP
C

Coldtrail

WKR
Ok, so an extension of Yellowstone park pretty much. I'll plan to either psychologically prepare, or go elsewhere.

CDK

FNG
f35ab6377e2d5117d4e1e0990a168d07.jpg

caae96716b655d73205aa33248c8a0d0.jpg

79f7ad596accf549bfa9fd091edcabc9.jpg

Spent 3-4 days in the bighorns with my daughters and brother 2 years ago. Kinda like hunting. You have to work a little to get away from the crowds but there’s areas that don’t get much traffic. We seen one other group once we were a mile from the trailhead. Avoid the ATV trails at all cost.
We had an amazing trip.