Bighorn origin or kelby atlas tactical for first custom build ?

I’m sure this topic has been beat to death but I’m stuck deciding between these 2 actions .I’m a new member so I thought what better place to find info than here . This will be my first custom action . In my mind I want the rifle to be somewhat of a hybrid. Be able to take out coyote, deer or pronghorn hunting but also something I can get into matches with . Prs style matches maybe some NRL hunter ? Not quite sure yet . Was thinking 6 creed maybe 6.5? I currently do not reload so these calibers seem to make the most sense to me . I’ve read about all the specs of these actions but was hoping to get some real world experience from people who have time behind them . Thanks in advance

gbflyer

WKR
I have owned a Kelbly’s action, a Stolle Panda for SR benchrest. They make good stuff. No doubt their Atlas is also quality.

I own a Bighorn Origin. It has some nice features, like an interchangeable bolt head ($120), somewhat of a controlled round feeds though it’s more of a controlled round ejection, there is no plunger. I like it.

If I were going to buy another $1000+ dedicated bolt head receiver it would be coming from Jim Borden. I’d highly recommend you check out his offerings. He’s the most helpful person you’ll find in the custom action business.

OP
C
I have owned a Kelbly’s action, a Stolle Panda for SR benchrest. They make good stuff. No doubt their Atlas is also quality.

I own a Bighorn Origin. It has some nice features, like an interchangeable bolt head ($120), somewhat of a controlled round feeds though it’s more of a controlled round ejection, there is no plunger. I like it.

If I were going to buy another $1000+ dedicated bolt head receiver it would be coming from Jim Borden. I’d highly recommend you check out his offerings. He’s the most helpful person you’ll find in the custom action business.
I appreciate the knowledge. Thank you . I’ll look into him .