Bike Trailer

treillw

WKR
Any suggestions for a good bike trailer that can hold 100ish or maybe more pounds. I have a couple of roads in mind for it. Also, I guess there is a limit to how rugged of a trail you can go on with them, but I'm sure I'll be trying to push those limits....

Thanks!

sneaky

"DADDY"
BOB trailers make a bunch of different models. Pretty much the same ones that all the bike companies sell just rebranding them with their name on them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bob trailers, you need to worry about your brakes, more than wether the trailer can hold it, especially on downhills. 2 elk quarters are always scary in the bob on the descents.

MHWASH

WKR
Bob trailers are good, but they are tire size specific. If you run a 29” tire make sure there is enough clearance.

You're going to push the limits and the trailer will be pushing you, at an exponential number times the weight.

My advice, is to slow way way way way way down and don't push a single thing if anything is in the trailer.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
How are they for hill climbs with various weights? (Empty, 20 pounds, 50 pounds, 75 pounds, 100 pounds, + )

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I started with a standard style kid cart that I picked up at a garage sale. It worked fine for packing in, but it fell apart once loaded with camp and elk quarters on the way back. I now have the trailer in the link below. It is heavy duty and has handled abuse much better. The down side is that it is noticeably heavier.

That looks like a nice one at a decent price.

I'd need to figure out how to rig it up for kids though, as that's my primary objective.

BowForElk

FNG
I say to go with a decent condition used kid cart. The plastic mag wheels ones can break a little easier than the spoked metal ones in my experience. We have loaded an entire cow elk in one and it still lived to see many more elk. Replace them periodically. Lighter, cheaper, throw aways.