Bikini Thread Number 869

Does anyone have a 26" Highlander Flatback Bikini that they don't like? I have a Highlander 26" Composite Duplex for trade with some cash. I love the Duplex frame but I don't want to wait plus it will cut my weight down a bit. I thought I needed the Duplex for treestands and stuff and wanted my back shielded but I use a Camelbak and my cargo would also be on the outside. So it shouldn't matter. This is assuming all the needed lash points are available on the Bikini.

Keep the duplex it carries stands better! You don't want to be poking holes in your camelback with the sharp parts of the climbing sticks/treestands do yah?

OP
Brandon Pattison
I don't see myself using a frame without the bag on. In fact, if there was no barreling I would run the straight Timberline 1 to save weight.

Any stick or treestand that I would carry would have the pointy stuff sticking outboard.

Am I the first one to think of this?

Aron, if you are listening, have you looked at a Timberline 1 that doesn't barrel? A Bikini-inspired unit?

sk1

WKR
why not come up with your own cross brace system to attach to the bikini frame when you plan on taking stands? i think that's what i will do eventually

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't see myself using a frame without the bag on. In fact, if there was no barreling I would run the straight Timberline 1 to save weight.

Any stick or treestand that I would carry would have the pointy stuff sticking outboard.

Aron, if you are listening, have you looked at a Timberline 1 that doesn't barrel? A Bikini-inspired unit?

Yes, it's called a BT1.

slim9300

WKR

First off, you save almost nothing with the T1. Maybe 8 ounces but if you go with a black frame, it's only about 5 ounces.

You are honestly describing the Bikini platform. I own both the T1 and BT1 and I love both, but unless you are the worst packer in the world, the BT1 can't barrel. The only way would be if you took a pointy object and tried to angle in into your back on purpose. Lol. The Bikini is the superior system in my mind in many regards as long as one of the composite stays work for your back.

I have bikini and a duplex. Longhunter and a high camp bag. Both are great! Both can be used for different things. For carrying awkward heavy loads I would lean toward the duplex.

I have bikini and a duplex. Longhunter and a high camp bag. Both are great! Both can be used for different things. For carrying awkward heavy loads I would lean toward the duplex.

I completely agree with Justin. I like my duplex so much I really figured a Bikini was not gonna be worth the added cost. I was VERY wrong. I will continue to use my Duplex for bringing out my Treestands and my ground blinds. However, for actual backpacking trips the Bikini is simply incredible.

-Jim