Bill/Issue: U.S. HR 127 - Gun licensing, Registration & Partial Ammo Ban

The reason this bill is illegal and unconstitutional is because it would be no different than making you register your religious convictions, whether you were Christian, Atheist/Agnostic, or any and all other religions. Both firearm ownership and freedom of religion are both protected Constitutional Rights.

This bill targets a specific population with penalty applied. Imagine what would happen if you were targeted because you were of a Christian faith and had to undergo psychiatric evalution to ensure you were "stable" enough to be a free member of society because your ideals may not match the popular narrative of abortion?

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
The reason this bill is illegal and unconstitutional is because it would be no different than making you register your religious convictions, whether you were Christian, Atheist/Agnostic, or any and all other religions. Both firearm ownership and freedom of religion are both protected Constitutional Rights.

This bill targets a specific population with penalty applied. Imagine what would happen if you were targeted because you were of a Christian faith and had to undergo psychiatric evalution to ensure you were "stable" enough to be a free member of society because your ideals may not match the popular narrative of abortion?
We all need to be very aware; what you speak of is in the works with biden, placeholder for harris

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We all need to be very aware; what you speak of is in the works with biden, placeholder for harris

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's why I said it. Religious freedom is contrary to what their platform is. Religious freedom does not mean you have to support a particular faith or go to church. It means you freely operate on the dictates of your conscience, so long as you don't take away from others ability to do so as well. It promotes free and rational thought and governs the morals of a society giving rise to the need of organized leadership and law.

It is by no accident the 1st Right is the ability to exercise freely the dictates of your conscience and that government cannot sanction a way to do it followed by the very ability to defend it as well as the other following rights...

fwafwow

WKR
The Democrats are currently threatening to force Covid relief through as part of the budget process - thereby not being subject to a filibuster. How much of a leap would it be to declare "gun violence" a state of emergency so that it too could be considered a budget item?

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
I don't see this proposed bill going anywhere. Talking points for sure for the left wing. Any gun bill is not going to make it through the Senate due to the Filibuster still being intact, for the next 2 years at least. However, with Budget Reconciliation, that which only requires a majority vote, could be used to tax the hell out of all firearms, ammo, and all other sporting and self-defense firearms related products. And tax language could simply be attached to any bill being advanced through legislation. For certain, hot-button items such as high capacity magazines, aftermarket products which increase firing ability, and semi-auto products are in the crosshairs of the left wing agenda. Our second amendment rights are going to be fiercely under attack for the next 4 years like they never have been. Biden has always been a staunch anti-gun advocate since the 70's. Cool heads will prevail.

FLAK

WKR
I've got enough to out last a 1 or 2 term
Commie/Clown Administration.
But it looks like they want to declare all dissenters
as Terrorists/Criminals. This worries me more.
I refuse to change how I live because Chad and
Karen are now in office.

tttoadman

WKR
I informed them how far off base they are, and they would be turning law abiding people like me into criminals. In addition to the crap and compromise idea, I am afraid they use these tactics to data mine responsible gun owners like me so we are easier to find later. As if I don't have an FBI file already?? Who knows.

FLH

Lil-Rokslider
Guys;

Sheila Jackson Lee's proposal is nothing less than the German Weapons Acts of 1920-1940 come to America. The GWA was a registration scheme for the coming gun confiscation. Jackson Lee's bill sets the groundwork for confiscation.

The requirements for psych eval are most concerning of all. Lee's language here tries to establish a legal precedent that gun owners are mental time bombs that need special government monitoring.

IF the gun groups that sue over this, as I expect at least GOA will, and maybe the Second Amendment Foundation, use a sharp gun lawyer (gun groups sometimes pick the lamest lawyers for gun cases) then two US Supreme Court cases give hope this bill is certainly unconstitutional.

Murdock v. Pennsylvania https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/319/105/
Background: Small town required Jehovah's Witnesses to buy a license from the town in order to proselytize door to door.
Decision: Constitutional right to practice religion can't be licensed".
Relevance: Should also extend to gun rights as "RKBA can't be licensed". This is where a sharp as razor gun lawyer will need to wield his wit and be forceful but not alienate the court.

Harper v. Virginia State Board of Elections
Background: Small town required voters pay $1.50 "poll tax" to vote in state elections.
Decision: "A state violates the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution whenever it makes the affluence of the voter or payment of any fee an electoral standard. Voter qualifications have no relation to wealth."
Relevance: Taxing gun owners for exercising their constitutional right violates Equal Protection Clause of 14th Amendment.

Another weapon (no pun intended) to fight Sheila Jackson Lee's racist anti-American bill (read between bill lines to see the racism, keep in mind the majority percentage of gun owners are white, however this Nazi style gun registration law will affect gun owners of all colors) is the 24th Amendment.

What The 24th Amendment Did: made it illegal for (a) states and (b) the federal government, to charge citizens a tax to vote in federal elections.
Relevance: Voting is a constitutional right. The 24th Amd made it illegal for the federal govt to tax that right. That prohibition (on taxing a constitutional right) should extend to all constitutional rights, including 2A.

What we all must do. We must continually advise our US reps and senators of the above US Supreme Court cases. We must tell them Lee's bill is unconstitutional. We must tell them if they vote yes we'll vote against them when they run for office again.

FLH

Lil-Rokslider
I informed them how far off base they are, and they would be turning law abiding people like me into criminals. In addition to the crap and compromise idea, I am afraid they use these tactics to data mine responsible gun owners like me so we are easier to find later. As if I don't have an FBI file already?? Who knows.
Everything you assert is correct. However, considering what we saw from 10:30 pm 11/3/2020 to 1/6/2021, IMO it's very safe to say those you informed don't care what you (or I) think or believe.

At the time of Kavanaugh's nomination to SCOTUS (Supreme Court of U.S.), a certain judge Thomas Hardiman was on Trump's nominee list. Hardiman once said, and I quote, "The only gun law needed is the Second Amendment". Trump erred nominating Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh isn't a true originalist. Nor does he have, IMO after watching him these past years, the backbone to stand up against Roberts. When Kavanaugh saw the election theft would stand, he turned coat and joined the side who would win. Remember, the radical Dems threatened to impeach Kavanaugh if they ever came into power. Thus the defection of Kavanaugh. Hardiman has everything over Kavanaugh with regards to originalism and conservativism.

Amy Coney Barret turned her coat when she refused to hear attorney Sidney Powell's excellent and substantive case on Michigan vote fraud. While she once authored a dissent that said a white collar felony conviction shouldn't ban the offender from owning guns, she's no other gun rulings in her past.

That's a huge unknown for any gun case. However, two former SCOTUS rulings are on our side. See my post below.

Best.....

TheGDog

WKR
I’m waiting for our milquetoast BHA friends to rationalize this one to us “sky is falling” simpletons.
I'm actually (sadly) looking sadistically looking forward to rubbing it in their faces with all the glorious (though annoyingly painful for everyone) "I told you so!!" moments we're going to be able to have with our BHA associates going forward (cause let's be honest, does anybody really want to be friends with such folks?) At the very least... hopefully the dewmosses will at least learn a thing or two from this painful mistake they made.

TheGDog

WKR
The requirements for psych eval are most concerning of all. Lee's language here tries to establish a legal precedent that gun owners are mental time bombs that need special government monitoring.
Agreed!!! And WHO gets to chose whom is the persons which develop this Psych eval? And WHAT uis contained in that Psych eval? THAT... is the Oh Hell No moment which should make everyone be like "I don't think so."

FLH

Lil-Rokslider
My entire posting career here is maybe 20 posts. Maybe.

That said, I'm always surprised when anyone suggests or postulates that not all Dems are on board for this bill. That indeed may be true. What's truer is that not enough Dems will oppose this bill to kill in in the House. Saying not all Dems will oppose this is, IMO, a form of self trickery that obfuscates and dilutes a tremendous threat down to a lesser inconvenience.

Also always surprised when gun owners, hunters, conservatives, suggest the Democrat party is 'trending farther toward the left'. Considering the absolute lack by Dems condemning the murder of 3 Trump supporters by Antifa last year, and the complete lack of condemnation by Dems of last years' 200 days of Antifa riots, assaults, arsons, muggings, rapes, and other murders; and their Soviet style overthrow of our country, it's more than evident the Dems are way past 'trending further toward the left'.

The Democrat party is the party of Communism. Their blatant in your face, "Yeah we stole the election, wutchu gonna do 'bout it, chump?" is all one needs to see to understand the Democrat party intends to eliminate every other political party by any means necessary. See "Seth Rich".

No one should underestimate the depth of malfeasance, evil, and criminality the Democrat party will wield in their final assaults on our country. Biden's 42 executive orders in 10 days should be enough to communicate the Dems absolute hatred and loathing of the Constitution, of personal freedom, and of yours and mine love of hunting, shooting, and our personal liberties beyond that.

Anyone who's followed Sundance's exceptional in-depth study of the FBI's abuse of the "about" and "from" queries of NSA database by government paid "contractors" to surveil Trump; and Sundance's other outstanding deep dives into court records, redacted documents, witness statements, etc; will see the America we grew up in (1950-1960 my childhoor) is gone, never to return. Read it all here:

www.theconservativetreehouse.com

If the Democrats are the Communist overthrowers, the Republicans are the Vidkun Quislings who ran interference for that overthrow. Two sides of the same coin. Lindsay Graham's strong throated defense of RINO Liz Cheney, Mitch McConnell's strong throated accusation that Trump incited insurrection on Jan 6, and more from the RINO establishment is proof after proof the Republicans aren't on your and my side.

Every single anti-American and unconstitutional bill proposed by the thugs and criminals in D.C. must be challenged. Texas is leading the way. Today Florida governor Ron DeSantis announced the state would sue any social media out fit that deplatformed political candidates or silenced Florida citizen's Facebook, Twitter, etc accounts.

We're in a fight to the death. Let no one misunderstand that. The Democrat party is the defacto Nazi party and January 6 was their Reichstag. The Republican party is Democrat owned and put forth as controlled opposition to make you think you've a choice in who "represents you". Both parties are determined to destroy the last vestiges of American sovereignty and turn us into a satellite state of a global government; the "One World Govt" that us old timers used to call it.

Carefully consider the words your favorite Republican rep uses in their ostensible defense of 2A, religious rights, and your other constitutional rights. If you pay close attention you'll see the double talk; "Yes there was election fraud but it wasn't proved enough to change the outcome"....."I support the right to hunt"...etc.

Now is the time we must all hang together....the assault on your rifle, pistol, shotgun, and NFA item hasn't even begun.

"And at all times we ought to pray and not lose heart."
"You are the branches, I am the vine. Apart from Me, you can do nothing."

Last edited:

Shraggs

WKR
Well this bill as written may not pass, but I for one think there so much less fear of election backlash by dems, they fear leadership more, the Marxist machine is full swing to guilt society into obeying, and I’m not comfortable that courts at all will support constitutional basis. The forces to not are overwhelming. The “people” for the most part don’t know unless the media tells them.

Dems are 5 no 10 steps ahead, this bill will pass after revisions, because it’s not the end game. They must. Subverting the constitution, media manipulation, most citizens roll over. This is rare, long planned and amazingly executed infiltration of every institution of government with like minded leadership - to include the military administration, fbi, nsa. Non elected leadership.

Control thru guilt, disinformation, and fear. the peaceful opposition may even be a risk for many.

Hug your guns tight tonight, men...there's only 400 million or so firearms in this country....the end is nigh! Lol

FLH

Lil-Rokslider
Hug your guns tight tonight, men...there's only 400 million or so firearms in this country....the end is nigh! Lol
30 years ago the NRA estimated 80 million gun owners. Let's say there's 100 million today, with the average gun owner having 5 guns. That's half a billion firearms in the hands of the citizenry. That doesn't include Class III. Again, about 30 years ago the NFA registry was about 350,000 Title II firearms. Figure about 25% more than that are unregistered in attics and cellars.

So we have 100 million citizens armed with 500 million firearms, and probably 2 to 5 billion rounds (some folks used to buy ammo five or ten thousands rds at a time). With all that firepower in the citizens hands you might think a second war for independence would be almost a cinch. You'd be very wrong. Here's why...

...we have everything but an army. No generals, brigade commanders, regiment leaders, colonels, and on down. No national communication among gun owners. No supply depots of materiel or medical supplies. No hospitals, surgeons, or field hospitals. Most of all....we have no plan.

Letting the citizens' militias of the states lapse and disappear was a huge mistake. I saw that 30 years ago (my favorite time of life was 30 years ago as a young fire breather). Without 50, 40, 30, even 10 state militias in communication and with a set of viable plans (plural) and contingency plans to throw out the Communist overthrowers, we're 100 million targets of the new Amerikan Gestapo, SS, KGB, and Stasi.

Less than 100, in fact, probably less than 10 gun owners in all of what used to be America will resist to the bitter end the SWAT who comes to confiscate their guns. The other 499,999,990 gun owners will turn them in. Why is this?

Because when they get the letter from the State Police to turn their guns in, those 499,999,990 gun owners will suddenly think, "Heck, I'm gonna retire in 4 years. I'm not gonna spend half my 401k on lawyers only to end up in jail. F-it. I'll turn the darn things in."

Or, "I got two kids in college. I can't go to jail. What will happen to my family? F-it. I'll turn 'em in."

Or, "I just got promoted to Northwest Regional Sales Manager. I'm making $15,000 a month! I'm not gonna lose that for a couple dozen guns. F-it. I'll turn them in."

You can't blame them for thinking that way. They're law abiding people who were taught and grew up believing the law would be used to help not hurt them. That good guys always had and always will have guns. That the constitution meant what it said. That citizenship gun ownership was what set America apart from all other nations on earth.

All that's been slowly eradicated over the past 60 years or so. Bit by bit, while the majority (not all) of gun owners slept and slopped in their apathy; letting 10% of their brotherhood do the fighting against unconstitutional gun laws, while they were drinking another beer at the bar or wasting time otherwise.

I've never seen a group of so called like minded people, 100 million of us, who were so foolishly ignorant and destructive to their own purpose and cause for being. Gun owners are their own worst enemy when it comes to standing up for their rights.

True, many don't know how to write a cognizant letter, send an effective email, or otherwise make a significant argument against gun laws. Not their fault for that. But there are people in every gun club, every hunting and fishing club, and in every national gun group that will teach them how to be an effective voice against gun control. Sadly, most aren't interested. They've become conditioned to believe that "someone else will fight for gun rights".

Then there's what I call the "bird and deer guys". They're the ones I idolized growing up. Hunters. Every season for all game. They had the best of double barrel shotguns, bolt action rifles, over and unders. They wore the old wool and original Bean boots. They tracked. Trapped. Skinned, fleshed, preserved, smoked, and ate their harvests. The original American woodsmen.

Many of these pictures of the independent outdoorsmen believe the ownership of AR's, AK's, FAL's, etc are the reason for more and more gun laws. Their honest belief is if no one had those firearm types, there'd be no push for more gun laws. These men are living in the past, in denial of the present truths about the Communist Democrats.

No matter how hard you tell them, these fine old men o' the woods simply won't believe that once the Communists take the AR's, AK's, etc, they'll come for the BAR pump shotguns. The 1873 Winchester's. The lever Marlins. And the scoped 35 Whelans. Scoped '06's. Scoped anything. These men resent the AR and AK guys, marginalize them, ignore them, and generally believe they're the reason the gubmint wants more gun laws.

Then there's the AR and AK guys who say, "I got my LWRC AR15, Armalite AR10, a nice Polytech AK47 folder, a great Model A IMI Uzi, and a prize Title II Vollmer MP5 registered in three calibers. I'm all set. I don't care what happens to anyone else." These are the guys who undermine and sabotage gun ownership for everyone by their "me first and only me" view of gun ownership.

In decades past I fell into the same category. But year after year of renewed attacks on my rights drove me to become active in speaking for gun rights and against illogical and unconstitutional gun laws. It was clear then and clear today that gun "laws" aren't about reducing crime. At their very heart gun laws are about restricting and then eliminating all gun ownership. And eventually, confiscation.

Do your best to learn how to make effective arguments against gun ownership. Effective arguments aren't "emotional arguments." The sooner you can separate emotion from fact (sometimes nearly impossible I admit) the more effective you can be for your own freedoms.

Educate your family, friends, co-workers to the truism "when guns outlawed only outlaws have guns". Call your state reps. Talk to them with respect and politeness, even if they are liberal enemies of 2A. Be rational and have your facts on paper in front of you. Don't expect to win them over with one call. But present yourself as a rational, thoughtful, productive and valuable member of the community. Doing so is the first step to making a difference in your state.

I suppose, from what I've read on this excellent site, going back to when Patrick Smith still ran Kifaru, everyone here is an effective fighter for their gun rights. Even so, apologies herein given for any offenses taken by this post. Not my intent to offend. Only present where we were as a collective group (gun owners), where we are now, where we're headed, and what we each can do to slow it down, maybe reverse here and there.

Best to all.