Bino Advice

Zeeman

FNG
I might have asked this before but.....I want to purchase a Swaro 8x32 or 10x 32 for Eastern whitetails and occasional Iowa deer hunting. Also an occasional elk ,muley , antelope on a more regular basis after I retire (Wyoming, Montana , New Mexico). I have been using a Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 which I am pleased with but do like the size of the Swaros. Not interested in the newest version "Pure?" I like the models from the last several years. Thoughts??

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a western hunter and favor big eyes. I can't imagine doing any serious western hunting with a pair of 8x outside of archery in thick timber. Even still, I'd want something bigger for glassing before making my stalk.

10x would be the lowest I'd go but I'd prefer a 12x that I can easily hand hold and use a tripod with.

If it were me, I'd probably stick with the 10x you've got and save up for the EL 12x50 or even a 15x to pair with your 10x's.

NoWiser

WKR
I went from 10x42 Conquest HDs to 8x42 SLCs and like the 8X much more for everything, including out west. Those 8x32s would be sweet.

kcm2

WKR
The 8x32 Swarovski is an excellent all around binocular for close in and western hunting. That is never a bad choice. I have those and a set of 10x40 Kahles binos. You will never be disappointed by them Good luck.

Micawber

FNG
I use EL 10x42’s which is similar in size to what you have and I think they’re perfect for western hunting. Do you have a good bino harness for them? I use the FHF bino harness and it supports the weight real well.

Sundby

FNG
I just bought 10x42 els, with the discounted price I don’t think you can go wrong,

tdhanses

WKR
Just make sure you buy the SV’s or don’t pay SV prices for the older non SV’s.

tdhanses

WKR
What are SV’s?
Swarovision, the WB is the prior generation. If you get the serial numbers if you go used call swaro and they can tell you the year and which generation bino they are. Swaro has been making EL’s a long time but a model from 20 years ago isn’t the same as current but they look alike to those that don’t know what to look for.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
i had the 10x42 side by side with the 8x32 el. the 8x didnt give up a thing to the 10x, and was much lighter and smaller. i still have the 8x32EL. for eastern hunting, i doubt you are going to do better. 8x42el would tempt me if i didnt have the 8x32 already.

as some have said, there are some in the classifieds now for great prices. the release of the newest swaros have guys selling their current binos for the latest/greatest and there are some SCREAMING good deals to be had. now is a great time to buy.

Sent a PM regarding a pair of immaculate 8x32 EL WB's with full warranty and unregistered. Factory Samples that I bought this year.

If those are still available, please send me a pm with what year and model they are, and what you are asking for them. I assume they are not the newer Swarovision version, correct? Might be interested if the price is right.

thanks,
Craig

If those are still available, please send me a pm with what year and model they are, and what you are asking for them. I assume they are not the newer Swarovision version, correct? Might be interested if the price is right.

thanks,
Craig

Hi Craig, the 8x32 EL’s are still available. I sent you a Pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glassman

FNG
Zeeman,

If you could try both and determine if 8X is suitable. I have a hard time keeping a light 10X32 steady (especially with the 3.2mm exit pupil, ones eyes have to be specifically aligned to get the full FOV). I much prefer 10X42 with the added weight for stabilization. The FOV of the 8X32 is 8 degrees compared to 6.5 (or is it 6.8) for the 10X32. The 8X32 would be my choice over the 10X32.

Andy W,