Bino Bandit Eye Piece Shield-Is this a legit product?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the concept here but does it truly work in field conditions? One of the things I like about my old beat up Leupold binos is the eye cups provide side protection from the sun. It helps me quite a bit and I have gotten use to the eye cup design but needed to upgrade to better binos. I just bought a new pair of Tract Torics in 10x42 and I like the optical quality but I wish there was a way to replicate the eye cup design from my old Leupold Pinnacles.

Would this GoHunt Bino Bandit be a good solution? It looks a bit odd to me but if it works I am OK with an odd looking product. If not this then what would you suggest I try?

I found a you tube video about the product but when I click on the video it takes me straight to the GoHunt site and there is no video to view.

6.5x284

WKR
I’ve tried it a few times. I’m not a fan. More annoying than it’s worth in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
They work but when it got cold it would cause my binos to fog up.

I will see if I can find mine. If I can, it’s yours if you will cover shipping. PM me if interested.

eoperator

WKR
They definitely help with Sun at those annoying angles and cold heavy wind that makes your eyes water. As stated above they can cause some fogging at times. Last year I put the bino bandit in the bottom of my bino harness allowing me to take it on/off as needed.

Pretty nice to use when your glassing for long periods, but if not I leave it behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the replies. I can see where there might be a fogging problem now that you all mention it.

@CorbLand-very kind of you to offer. Thanks!

fatrascal

WKR
I like them. When not using them I just flip them backwards toward the objective lens. I like the ones with the buckle so you can protect the glass under the eye cups in the harness. Fatrascal.

tdot

WKR
I like them when higher up in the mountains, in the alpine, when more exposed to the sun. When hunting in the forest I find them to be more hassle then they are worth. I also have the Scope Bandit for my spotting scope and have the same opinion of it. I definitely wouldn't use them if I wasn't sitting down for long glassing sessions.

I used one the other day on binos/tripod to spot at a PRS match, I was impressed, especially for $20. Would not work for all situations but I plan on buying one to use for extended glassing, especially where glare or sun angle is an issue.