Bino harness and crawling prone solutions?

bobr1

WKR
Not sure which section to put this in but figured this would be a start. I have been using my marsupial bino harness for the last several years and really enjoy it. But I guess from being in the military and also antelope hunting I normally go prone and low crawl to get into position for a shot. My only issue is that I always have problems with my harness either getting hung up or getting snagged on something when I am crawling. I sometimes have to push up to get enough clearance to crawl a little more with out dragging it which I hate because I end up silhouetting myself. I got my first bear yesterday (65 yards) but was crawling around and my harness kept getting in the way so I ended up taking off but it was not the most stealth move as I am lifting my arms and unstrapping my harness. Luckily the bear was eating tons of grass and didn't see me.
Anyway, just want to see if other people are having this issue and what you have done to fix it or maybe there is some obvious forehead slap thing I should know about.

Thanks for the advice

Man you're really embracing the suck if crawling that low.
Only suggestion I'd have besides removing it further out is to get a bungee around your back to keep the harness sucked tight.

Or maybe remove early and get a set of pocket size binos to throw in cargo pocket.

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
HPG makes a PALS-backed bino pouch/pocket. If you put that on a belt and carried it off the side of your hip, maybe you could find a position it'd work both for walking and crawling? Otherwise, you should be able to release a belt kit a lot more stealthily while crawling, I would think.

wapitibob

WKR
I’ve belly crawled for years with a marsupial harness. Maybe you need it a tad tighter? It’ll sag a small amount but it doesn’t turn into a dirt scoop like a badlands