Bino Harness for Archery

BColt

FNG
Talked to a number of guys who have used the Rick Young style in the past and was told they got tired of the their binos sliding up into their chin every time they bend over. Haven’t tried them myself.

Felix40

WKR
Talked to a number of guys who have used the Rick Young style in the past and was told they got tired of the their binos sliding up into their chin every time they bend over. Haven’t tried them myself.

You can wrap the shock cord around the body of the binos when crawling, running, etc and they wont move a bit

Gumbo

WKR
FHF design works great for me, never had an issue with the noise. Those old elastic harnesses made me realize what Dolly Parton must feel like...bounce, bounce, bounce!

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
I have a marsupial and really like it. Bought a kuiu pro because the magnets in the marsupial mess with my gps. I was hesitant about the kuiu but overall im very happy with it. Very comfortable, simple and just the right amount of storage for what I carry. Also the forward opening is a must for me.

SigM1

FNG
The solo hntr bino harness is sweet. Super quiet, durable, and one handed magnetic operation. Also has a built in rangefinder pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozyclint

WKR
I DIY'ed my own. simple, lightweight, functional, comfortable. the cover for the binos stays with the binos when in use as opposed to withdrawing them from a cover that stays with the harness. elastic strap attached to the chest strap holds the binos in place. has a survival fire steel and whistle buckle and a small sleeve in the webbing for fire straws.IMG_7972.JPGIMG_7973.JPGIMG_7974.JPGIMG_7975.JPG

some of the chest rigs are simply too big and bulky for my liking. they look like an urban ruck on the front.

trumpkin- i find this minimalist design really good with a trad bow and the string angles involved.

2RiversCO

Lil-Rokslider
The pros and cons I’ve seen from using the RYO Harness the last year.

Pros:
Light.
Basically no noise.
Easy to use.
One hand operation if no eye covers.
Stays up against my chest like it says.
Multiple carrying configurations.
It just flat out works.
I don’t carry things I don’t need.
$20
Faster to use.

Cons:
I may scratch my glass. (Also why I buy binoculars with a lifetime warranty)
I can’t carry everything with me. (Rangefinder, license and 2 diaphragm calls fit in my pocket just fine.

Everyone’s different but it suits my needs better than the chest pack did.

Sobrbiker

WKR
I like AGC max. I’m not hardcore, but if I drop pack and stalk the max affords me carrying everything I need (I keep lightweight knife and paracord in bottom pocket).
Hunting AZ early OTC season my concern is I don’t even want to have to go back to pack if stalk/kill takes me away any distance. Priority for me is getting animal opened up and cooling when it’s 90*+ out.
The bulk isn’t a hindrance in my mind, and the movement of fishing stuff out of pockets when out in sparse cover concerns me more.

I’ll echo a previous post and put in my vote for the solo hunter harness. Works well for me with archery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I used crooked horn suspenders and bino shield for a long time and it worked just fine was really quiet and easy to use single handed. As of recent I’ve been using the agc kiss max which has worked just fine too and for the most part good enough. Liked the marsupial but didn’t like that it wasn’t fully contained. Gonna give the updated version a shot, I like the idea of a forward opening bino pouch.

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
Just thought I'd come back and update this thread. I used the Rick Young Harness a few times spot and stalk hog hunting here in Texas. I went back to the FHF harness. I liked having tags, binos, compass, rangefinder, lens cloth, etc all in one grab and go package. At this point, I think it's just flat out worth the little extra weight. Now I ditch everything but my range finder once I'm sub 75 yards on a stalk, and it works out much better for me.

Lato1987

FNG
I like the FHF full harness for a couple reasons:
- My lens stay cleaner and clearer during snow and rain
- I'm always switching layers, and forgetting things in my pockets. It's really convenient to layer up, grab my harness and bow knowing I have my range finder, binos, havalon, and wind checker exactly where they are supposed to be.
Very Insightful