Bino Harness for Swarovski EL Range 10x42

ThrottleJ

FNG
I searched the forum and found a lot of good info on bino harnesses but I recently picked up a new pair of Swarovski EL Range 10x42 and for those who don't know they are a bit odd shaped. I have the older style Sitka harness and these Swaros are just too thick top to bottom to be easily inserted and removed.

From reading the other threads I see several carriers that look like great options but I was hoping some Swaro Range owners might chime in with specific recommendations for this model.

Attachments

• swaro-range1042.jpg
    swaro-range1042.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 61

Trr15

WKR
I carry my 8x EL ranges in an Alaska Guide Creations Bino harness. Can’t recall the specific model, but it works great. Also keep my GPS in the bottom zip compartment and Garmin inreach mini in the side zip pouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Swarovski El Swaros in 10x42. They appear to be very similar in size to the El Range, maybe a slight less front to back width than the El Ranges but not much. I ran the older Kuiu bino harness for the past 5 years. Recently switched over to the Alaska Guide Creations Kodiak cub with maxx pocket. Absolutely the best harness out there in my opinion.

The new Kuiu harness is heavier than the old one, equally as heavy as the Alaska Guide but doesn’t have all of the pockets that the AGC does. That’s why I switched.

Many like the Marsupial Gear bino harness however it has a magnetic closure and I won’t own anything with a magnet as it will cause electro magnetic interference with many items I hunt with.

Go with the AGC pack and don’t look back. Jus try personal opinion.

OP
T

ThrottleJ

FNG
EL Range is quite a but bulkier than an EL. Range has big humps on the bottom. It looks like the AGC Alaska Classic model might be perfect. They even have a pair of 10x Range in their demo video (
) Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Lonald

FNG
EL Range is quite a but bulkier than an EL. Range has big humps on the bottom. It looks like the AGC Alaska Classic model might be perfect. They even have a pair of 10x Range in their demo video (
) Thanks for the input.
I use the older Kuiu. With

I've used the older Kuiu, AK Guide Creations and the FHF's with my EL range. My favorite has been the FHF. I couldn't get used to the extra bulk of the AGC and the older Kuiu was a tighter fit than I liked.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tyglick

FNG
I’ve got a pair of ranges and I use the new pro kuiu harness. A little snug but they would never fall out. Works great for me and I would recommend it to anyone.

jlively

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a pair of ranges and I use the new pro kuiu harness. A little snug but they would never fall out. Works great for me and I would recommend it to anyone.
Do you use the large or XL version? I just purchased the large thinking it would work, but it is extremely tight. Didn’t know if I should switch to the XL or try a different brand. Thanks

jlively

Lil-Rokslider
I have a fairly narrow head so I have the eyepieces closer together. I had to push mine down into the harness, wouldn’t just drop in.

I repurposed by Vortex Guide harness for my Razor 12x50, and use them for my 10x42 Range Els. Fits nice… it’s almost like AGC builds harnesses for Vortex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk