Bino harness help

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to stay away from Magnetic closure due to running compass on my chest for navigation. I am looking hard at the Kuiu Pro harness and the AGC classic. I am running Swaro 10x50 slc that are 7.5" tall. I would buy the Marsupial, but I'm afraid the magnets would interfere with the compass. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. I am looking at primarily using for Western hunting. Thanks.

Look up BC GUIDE GEAR , Had them make me a chest carrier a few years back good quality, good folks and very accomadating, quick turn around. I am very pleased with the system.

New kuiu is great! Gave my old one to my bro-in-law. Don’t think there is any way to improve the new design 👍

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought a new kuiu as previous had a s4 gear lock. O my thing off the bat that I do t like about kuiu is the front pockets is super tight and small. I can see it holding a mouth call but not much else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MortJ

FNG
Aplz bino harnesses are cheap and decently built. No magnets, Lots of pockets for all your little trinkets.

<shrugs> I'm 6' 2" 250 pounds, not a small person once layered up with hunting clothes and it fits me fine.
My issue is comfort. I ran another bino harness last year with just a range finder and wind checker in addition to the 10x42 binos. After two days, I stopped wearing it because it was hurting my shoulders more than the much heavier pack.

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
Where'd you get that info? The magnets are the only reason I haven't bought a Marsupial...
I saw it on Marsupial's Instagram account a few weeks ago. They showed a few pictures and videos of how it worked. I believe they planned to release it late August/September. It mentioned they collaborated with Aaron Snyder from Kifaru on the design.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I hate the Kuiu. The bar on the cover has a tendency to pull the rubber eye cups off my swaros unless I really pull up hard while holding the pouch with my other hand. It’s not a one handed deal, and if you aren’t paying attention, you don’t notice the rubber cap missing until you have moved on. Poor design imho.
I’ll also add that the side pockets are also too tight to easily pull a wind indicator in or out easily, and stealthily. The front pocket will not hold anything more than a piece of paper or a tag. There is no rear pocket to hold a phone, which I use as a gps now.
I like FHF, but wish the flap folded forward.

OP
D

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
thanks guys. I might hold out for the non magnetic Marsupial

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
thanks guys. I might hold out for the non magnetic Marsupial
I think Aron Snyder posted a video of it with the changes on instagram. It said fall release so cutting it close. But he made the point of using his compass like you are talking about without interference.

T and K hunting also has a non-magnetic version of their harness. I have the OG TandK harness now and its too big for 10X42s, so I lift them with a multitool and some bandages. Now they are made to various sizes so might switch at some point to either marsupial or TandK again sized to fit smaller binos.