Bino harness opinions

So I’m looking to buy a enclosed harness for my swaro slc 10x42, I like the look of the marsupial enclosed harness and the kuiu pro harness. I’m without being able to handle either before purchasing I’m torn, the marsupial uses magnets which doesn’t seem 100% secure and the kuiu uses stretch fabrics to keep the lid closed but it also seems like a pain to get it closed in some of the videos I have watched.
Any help is appreciated

fwafwow

WKR
Loved the original Marsupial and after trying a competitor I went back and got the new enclosed version. I’ve had no problems with the magnets and closing. But I may not be doing things that would put as much stress on them as others.

Rainyday

FNG
Another vote for the marsupial. I’ve never used the enclosed version but I have the original one and really like it. Never had any problems with the magnets

Kotaman

WKR
I’ve used just about everyone out there. My favorite: Marsupial

Update: My new favorite is the new Stone Glacier harness.

Last edited:

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
I have not used the marsupial so cant comment on it. I do have the KUIU pro and it has been good. Lid closes great. Works real good. I use it with Leica 10 x 42 and have the smaller size (large I think). Only thing I’ve noticed is a squeak. A little bow wax on the buckle fixed that.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't used the Marsupial, looks decent. I really like the Badlands Mag case. Unlike the Marsupial, it seals all the way around. It keeps my SLC's clean regardless of whether I'm hiking, belly crawling, or riding the ATV or SXS. In fact, I went to wash it after my hunt this season and after dunking it into the water repeatedly, I opened the lid to pour out the water and...not a drop of water in it. It sealed THAT good. It's also really easy to open with one hand. Two things I don't like about it...price and the stretchy straps inside. I cut the bungees out of it and don't use anything. After 7 years it's holding up great!

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kuiu and would not recommend it. It has a stiff bar in the lid which in my experience tends to hang up on the eye cups. It is not an easy one handed deal. the pocket on the front is useless, the side mesh pockets are too tight to get a call or wind indicator into or out of easily. It does not have a pouch in the back, which is just stupid. I would not buy it again.

Outdoor Vision. I have two and love them.

The OV is definitely one of my contenders. Looking at Marsupial and Muley Freak Traverse 2.0 as well. I'm a bit concerned that the back portion of the harness of the OV and Muley Freak have excessive extra material that will cause more sweating when moving up the mountain with a pack. The Marsupial seems like a better choice in that regard. Can you comment on your experience with the OV?

OP
Mdfowlman2
I ended up buying the marsupial fully enclosed, should be shipped any day

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
The OV is definitely one of my contenders. Looking at Marsupial and Muley Freak Traverse 2.0 as well. I'm a bit concerned that the back portion of the harness of the OV and Muley Freak have excessive extra material that will cause more sweating when moving up the mountain with a pack. The Marsupial seems like a better choice in that regard. Can you comment on your experience with the OV?
I think I know what you’re getting at, but that hasn’t been my experience. I haven’t ever noticed my back being more sweaty in the portion under the harness.

I think I know what you’re getting at, but that hasn’t been my experience. I haven’t ever noticed my back being more sweaty in the portion under the harness.

Well that's good to hear. I guess I just need to choose between the OV and Muley Freak then. I guess Marsupial is still in the conversation as well. So many options ;)

Anyone using the Adak? I picked one up off camofire to try out. I have been using the AGC and really like it except for how bulky it is. The Adak seems like a good system.

ashtonwj

FNG
I just started big game hunting and went down a bino harness rabbit hole recently.

I ended up getting the T&K Hunting Gear harness. It also uses magnets and that seemed questionable to me but I just got back from a hunt and the magnets were great. They held the harness closed securely and were very convenient.

The T&K harness is heavier than the other ones but sometimes i'm hard on equipment and wanted something that would hold up.

twall13

WKR
Anyone using the Adak? I picked one up off camofire to try out. I have been using the AGC and really like it except for how bulky it is. The Adak seems like a good system.
I used the Adak for part of a season coming from an AGC. It's a solid harness but I had two issues with it and went back to the AGC as a personal preference (I've since bought an enclosed Marsupial and that is my new favorite).

Issue 1 with the Adak was that it really has no storage for anything other than the binos. The side stretch pockets are worthless for anything other than a mouth call. My wind checker wouldn't even fit well or stay in the pockets and coming from all the storage of an AGC I had a hard time adapting to that.

Issue 2 likely had more to do with my large binos (Maven B.2's) but they just weren't very secure in there. I never had them come out but they frequently bounced around and caused the top to come loose in rough downhill sections while hiking. The forward opening design that doesn't use magnets was appealing but there execution just didn't work that well with my larger binoculars. Maybe with a smaller set it wouldn't be an issue but it bothered me.

Other than those two issues it is a really quiet harness that you can operate with one hand. The low profile harness also stays put fairly well and is comfortable to wear. If you don't need extra storage and have smaller binos it is probably a really good option for you, especially at the Camofire pricing.

To me, the enclosed Marsipial solved all my issues with the Adak and had all the other benefits of being more quiet, lower profile, forward opening, more storage options, etc. My only hesitation is with the magnets messing up a compass, but knowing that going in I'll just take precautions and be fine. Otherwise the magnets are really secure and quiet. It's a more expensive harness but is really comfortable, stays put and works well for what I need.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk