Bino harness question

So I'm just getting into backpack hunting, and have been looking around at different bino harnesses. I like the idea of a forward opening harness, so I've looked at Marsupial, Outdoor Vision, Kuiu Pro, and Muley Freak Traverse 2.0. The Outdoor Vision and Muley Freak seem to have a lot of material on the backstrap portion of the harness, and I'm wondering if that would cause some additional heat when actively trekking up the mountain, causing some extra sweating. Does anyone have experience with either of these harnesses vs. others and can comment?

Thanks in advance.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the others but I just picked up the kuiu pro. Not nearly as impressive as I was expecting. The pocket on the front won't even fit a piece of paper, the side pockets are to small for a wind checker, and the front opening system is kind of clunky - but after practicing with it a lot it can be used one handed.

I do like the low profile if it though. I was poking around Cabela's and their instinct branded one which is also $100 seemed pretty nice but a little bulkier then the kuiu. I'd have gone with the Cabela's if I could have tried the kuiu before I bought it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I dont have much experience, but have a badlands XR and have worn that extensively this season. When i was on my elk hunt i had a backpack on as well and i felt no extra rubbing or hot spots whatsoever. I would suspect most of the bino harnesses would he very similar as all seem to have a low profile shoulder harness that is designed to be worn under a pack shoulder strap.

OldGrayJB

WKR
I currently use an Alaska Guide Creations harness which has more material on the back than the ones on your list. Yes, it does get sweaty when it's hot. However, when you're wearing a pack, I don't think you'd notice a difference. You'll sweat with all of them. The hunting packs aren't as breathable as a typical rei pack against your back. Hunting packs are built for durability and don't have mesh back panels.

hunterjmj

WKR
I run the badlands XR as well and I've never noticed the harness was even on while having my backpack on. I thought it would but I'm on the second season with it and it's been great.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Been using the OV for the last 4 seasons and will definitely recommend it. I pretty much always have my pack on so the web on the back doesn't cause any "extra" sweat in my experience. Get the OV, you won't be disappointed!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Another one to consider is the stone glacier skyline. Lots of people love em.
I want to try them yet

Colterw

FNG
I have an Alaskan Guide Creations bino carrier. The original harness made my back sweat and also concentrated the weight of the binos on my neck. I changed the harness out to a marsupial harness and it fixed both issues.

No experience with the others but I just picked up the kuiu pro. Not nearly as impressive as I was expecting. The pocket on the front won't even fit a piece of paper, the side pockets are to small for a wind checker, and the front opening system is kind of clunky - but after practicing with it a lot it can be used one handed.

I do like the low profile if it though. I was poking around Cabela's and their instinct branded one which is also $100 seemed pretty nice but a little bulkier then the kuiu. I'd have gone with the Cabela's if I could have tried the kuiu before I bought it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Thanks, great to know!

I currently use an Alaska Guide Creations harness which has more material on the back than the ones on your list. Yes, it does get sweaty when it's hot. However, when you're wearing a pack, I don't think you'd notice a difference. You'll sweat with all of them. The hunting packs aren't as breathable as a typical rei pack against your back. Hunting packs are built for durability and don't have mesh back panels.
Do you find the AGC interferes at all? It just looks like it's a lot bulkier than the others.

OldGrayJB

WKR
Do you find the AGC interferes at all? It just looks like it's a lot bulkier than the others.
No interference. The straps are wide but unnoticeable under a backpack. The AGC design definitely has pros and cons. Even though it has pockets on both sides, it's more narrow than most others because the range finder pouch is on front, not beside the binos. Guys crawling on their bellies find that to be a problem. I think having the weight of the range finder in front causes the top to tilt away from my chest enough for the rear opening lid to work. Forward opening lid would be nice but I can still get my binos out with one hand.

Most of the time I love the AGC because I like to carry a ton of stuff, but sometimes it would be nice to have a lighter, more minimalist harness. Maybe someday I'll add a new Stone Glacier Skyline to the lineup, but I won't be getting rid of the AGC.

Sorry for writing a book. I could have just answered no.

No interference. The straps are wide but unnoticeable under a backpack. The AGC design definitely has pros and cons. Even though it has pockets on both sides, it's more narrow than most others because the range finder pouch is on front, not beside the binos. Guys crawling on their bellies find that to be a problem. I think having the weight of the range finder in front causes the top to tilt away from my chest enough for the rear opening lid to work. Forward opening lid would be nice but I can still get my binos out with one hand.

Most of the time I love the AGC because I like to carry a ton of stuff, but sometimes it would be nice to have a lighter, more minimalist harness. Maybe someday I'll add a new Stone Glacier Skyline to the lineup, but I won't be getting rid of the AGC.

Sorry for writing a book. I could have just answered no.
I appreciate the thorough answer! Thanks